RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help - Robby Mac donates £6k (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116598-wrexham-fan-aiden-needs-help-robby-mac-donates-%A36k.html)

stevewxm 18th November 2020 09.36:20

Re: Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help - Robby Mac donates £6k

All I can say is wow ! Speechless

dlrwrexham 18th November 2020 09.36:30

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409673]What a fantastic gesture by Rob, but also by the other people who donates too
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yes, a great testament to the generosity of the public. BUT, no one should lose sight of the real issue, the fact that Aiden had his care-package CUT, by a callous Council who's cue came from an equally callous Tory government - who were making such cuts routinely, long before Cv and its financial impact.. :31:

What's that I hear you say!, 'don't go making this political'. Well, this is about as political as it gets my brethren.:(

Vorporix 18th November 2020 09.40:27

Really pleased for Aiden.....

marathonplny 18th November 2020 10.03:58

Folks please

So pleased for Aidan

And what a contribution from Mr M

We all need to pull together on and off the field.

This shows what can be done

We all make different contributions to life and the community where we can.

Freddy Salted 18th November 2020 10.18:24

Re: Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409604]over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.[/QUOTE]

Completely out of order. You do realise at least 800,000 people have lost their jobs this year don't you.

Lods 18th November 2020 10.25:21

Re: Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409604]over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.[/QUOTE]

Without the generosity of McElhenney, this post would have hampered the fundraiser.

Nobody likes being guilted into doing anything, let alone donating money. I thought it was a worthy cause and donated before seeing this post (I originally saw the GoFundMe through social media) - and I'm not saying this post would have totally put me off donating, but it wouldn't have helped. It's nice people are willing to donate, but don't treat it as an obligation.

The real issue is how the government treats the disabled. People shouldn't have to crowd fund living essentials.

Wyn 18th November 2020 10.30:40

What a fantastic gesture, these guys are going to get an amazing reception when they get to the racecourse and really pleased for Aiden and his family.

willyheckerslike 18th November 2020 10.40:32

People will give what they can afford to donate I am sure of that....Wrexham fans have always looked after "one of their own" and long may this continue. Massive respect to Rob McElhenney for his fantastic donation.....RESPECT.

moynkeepthefaith 18th November 2020 10.49:19

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2409689]Folks please

So pleased for Aidan

[B]And what a contribution from Mr M[/B]

We all need to pull together on and off the field.

This shows what can be done

We all make different contributions to life and the community where we can.[/QUOTE]

It was only £20 :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.38:53.