RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help - Robby Mac donates £6k (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116598-wrexham-fan-aiden-needs-help-robby-mac-donates-%A36k.html)

GVnaughtyboy 17th November 2020 15.12:38

Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help - Robby Mac donates £6k

Aiden is a Wrexham fan who goes to both home and away matches. Let's all donate a little to give Aiden something we all take for granted.

[URL="https://www.gofundme.com/f/ah2dck-i-need-a-bath?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1nCfTUttZ9XRzK1_imouezpcSjO5Sjwq5YAiOuz4fQWCf4gp8foh56xlU"]https://www.gofundme.com/f/ah2dck-i-need-a-bath?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1nCfTUttZ9XRzK1_imouezpcSjO5Sjwq5YAiOuz4fQWCf4gp8foh56xlU[/URL]

Vorporix 17th November 2020 15.42:22

Re: Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409204]Aiden is a Wrexham fan who goes to both home and away matches. Let's all donate a little to give Aiden something we all take for granted.

[URL="https://www.gofundme.com/f/ah2dck-i-need-a-bath?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1nCfTUttZ9XRzK1_imouezpcSjO5Sjwq5YAiOuz4fQWCf4gp8foh56xlU"]https://www.gofundme.com/f/ah2dck-i-need-a-bath?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1nCfTUttZ9XRzK1_imouezpcSjO5Sjwq5YAiOuz4fQWCf4gp8foh56xlU[/URL][/QUOTE]

Facebook friend - already donated :)

pricey 17th November 2020 16.01:35

Just donated. This needs to be a sticky, and needs wider circulation.

GVnaughtyboy 17th November 2020 22.01:07

over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.

Cenotaff 17th November 2020 22.43:39

Hope you reach your target for Aiden.

GVnaughtyboy 18th November 2020 00.44:14

Target reached. Thank you to all that deserve it

JonoWafc 18th November 2020 02.09:20

A certain Mr McElhenney has just donated £6,000 - amazing. We love you Rob

RHYLRED 18th November 2020 04.27:45

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2409627]A certain Mr McElhenney has just donated £6,000 - amazing. We love you Rob[/QUOTE]

Fair lay to everyone who's donated :hurray:

Redordead 18th November 2020 05.13:15

[QUOTE=JonoWafc;2409627]A certain Mr McElhenney has just donated £6,000 - amazing. We love you Rob[/QUOTE]

Wow! What a man

Mr Wonderful 18th November 2020 05.17:31

I don’t know. I’m stunned.
Owners of Wrexham Football Club don’t behave like this.
We are used to them doing everything they can to undermine us, to rip us off. To make a fast buck & disappear into the ether with the money they made from us weighing them down whilst leaving us skint......
This speaks volumes about what kind of a man Rob is, not a club owner but the man himself. He could have donated a few hundred, but he didn’t.
These two North American gentlemen have done more for this club & community in 24hrs than many a local big wig or authority has done.

The real deal - you better believe it :hurray:

RHYLRED 18th November 2020 05.17:34

[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2409628]Fair lay to everyone who's donated :hurray:[/QUOTE]

Although I do wish everyone a Fair "Lay" I meant "Fair Play"

DenbighRed 18th November 2020 05.44:32

Wow, what an incredible gesture!

Another jaw-dropping moment in this surreal week in our club.

jacthelad 18th November 2020 06.45:13

What a man. Amazing thing to do
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Dougie Davies 18th November 2020 06.56:06

Wow fair play to Rob. All the best to Aiden too.
Maybe we should have a sticky thread where GoFundMe pages for Wrexham fans in difficulty could be posted? This forum has always helped out and dug deep when needed to.

Hometown Unicorn 18th November 2020 06.59:30

[QUOTE=Dougie Davies;2409645]Wow fair play to Rob. Good luck to Aiden too.
Maybe we should have a sticky thread where GoFundMe pages for Wrexham fans in difficulty could be posted? This forum has always helped out and dug deep when needed to.[/QUOTE]

Great idea.

As someone said before, well done everyone who donated. Very pleased for Alden.

pricey 18th November 2020 07.01:05

Does that mean I can have my fiver back :jester:

crazywelsh 18th November 2020 07.27:55

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409604]over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.[/QUOTE]

It says nothing about this forum, stop political point scoring. This isn’t actually up to the football club and when did the previous owners the WST pay similar. FairPlay to Rob paying it, but your literally having a dig at people because it’s what you think we should all be doing, 400 views and 40 have attempted to make a difference ... you cannot ask people for help than slate those who don’t very poor choice of words.

Why on Earth aren’t Manchester Social actually doing their jobs is the big question here, it’s a necessity and should 100% be provided on entry to the new accommodation regardless of the covid situation. The question id be asking is how has the person managed previously and where’s the equipment gone, could it not have been taken with the poor guy or is it removed along with the care because there would be a transfer amongst the care teams surely as there would be higher control than just a big standard carer, occupational therapists etc can do home visits regardless of covid also and this isn’t something that has just happened in the last week so someone somewhere has failed massively.

-luke 18th November 2020 07.44:17

[QUOTE=GVnaughtyboy;2409604]over 400 views and less than 40 have attempted to make a difference. It says a lot about this forum. We are all supposed to be in this together, or is that just the glory days that everyone craves.[/QUOTE]

To be fair a lot were potentially put off subsequently by comments like this.

Iesty 18th November 2020 07.45:58

Re: Wrexham Fan Aiden needs help - Robby Mac donates £6k

updated the title accordingly, well done Mr Chairman!!

Hometown Unicorn 18th November 2020 07.54:46

1/10th of people who viewed it donating is a very good reach. Also the 400 views include people who would have viewed it more than once and people may have decided to view it, then come back later to donate.

As mentioned, posts like this from yourself only serve to put people off donating and do more harm to the fundraiser than good. I'm glad Aiden has realised his target.

Iesty 18th November 2020 07.57:36

it was also less than 24 hours after you posted it. Give people a break!

Wopdragon 18th November 2020 07.59:27

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2409663]1/10th of people who viewed it donating is a very good reach. Also the 400 views include people who would have viewed it more than once and people may have decided to view it, then come back later to donate.

As mentioned, posts like this from yourself only serve to put people off donating and do more harm to the fundraiser than good. I'm glad Aiden has realised his target.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the several bots, trackers and cookies we each have follow us to every site we go too.

Hightown Brymbo Red 18th November 2020 08.00:21

What a lovely gesture. At last we are becoming a Community Club

Dudders666 18th November 2020 08.13:45

Brilliant. What an impact that will make to that lad's life.

WxmWynno 18th November 2020 08.26:50

What a fantastic gesture by Rob, but also by the other people who donates too

Gabalfa Red 18th November 2020 08.30:39

Simply incredible!

JonoWafc 18th November 2020 08.33:37

Come on mate, that’s not cool. I’m sure people who could afford to will have done and I think 40 is a really good result actually.

Like others have said this will have been repeat viewers, people coming back to donate after having viewed once etc, but we can’t be making people feel bad if they can’t or even don’t want to donate for whatever their reason is.

stevewxm 18th November 2020 08.36:20

All I can say is wow ! Speechless

dlrwrexham 18th November 2020 08.36:30

[QUOTE=WxmWynno;2409673]What a fantastic gesture by Rob, but also by the other people who donates too
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yes, a great testament to the generosity of the public. BUT, no one should lose sight of the real issue, the fact that Aiden had his care-package CUT, by a callous Council who's cue came from an equally callous Tory government - who were making such cuts routinely, long before Cv and its financial impact.. :31:

What's that I hear you say!, 'don't go making this political'. Well, this is about as political as it gets my brethren.:(

Vorporix 18th November 2020 08.40:27

Really pleased for Aiden.....

marathonplny 18th November 2020 09.03:58

Folks please

So pleased for Aidan

And what a contribution from Mr M

We all need to pull together on and off the field.

This shows what can be done

We all make different contributions to life and the community where we can.

Freddy Salted 18th November 2020 09.18:24

Completely out of order. You do realise at least 800,000 people have lost their jobs this year don't you.

Lods 18th November 2020 09.25:21

Without the generosity of McElhenney, this post would have hampered the fundraiser.

Nobody likes being guilted into doing anything, let alone donating money. I thought it was a worthy cause and donated before seeing this post (I originally saw the GoFundMe through social media) - and I'm not saying this post would have totally put me off donating, but it wouldn't have helped. It's nice people are willing to donate, but don't treat it as an obligation.

The real issue is how the government treats the disabled. People shouldn't have to crowd fund living essentials.

Wyn 18th November 2020 09.30:40

What a fantastic gesture, these guys are going to get an amazing reception when they get to the racecourse and really pleased for Aiden and his family.

willyheckerslike 18th November 2020 09.40:32

People will give what they can afford to donate I am sure of that....Wrexham fans have always looked after "one of their own" and long may this continue. Massive respect to Rob McElhenney for his fantastic donation.....RESPECT.

moynkeepthefaith 18th November 2020 09.49:19

[QUOTE=marathonplny;2409689]Folks please

So pleased for Aidan

[B]And what a contribution from Mr M[/B]

We all need to pull together on and off the field.

This shows what can be done

We all make different contributions to life and the community where we can.[/QUOTE]

It was only £20 :)

Funny_Old_Game 18th November 2020 09.51:47

Says the guy who has only signed up for here to post that.

t1954 18th November 2020 09.53:51

What a start by these two. Brilliant.

NedStarksGhost 18th November 2020 09.57:22

You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Word of advice (since it's not obvious to you), don't go insulting people you are asking for donations from. People aren't obligated to, it's not a duty.

Mr Wonderful 18th November 2020 10.07:38

This thread is becoming an embarrassment now.
A good cause was fixed out of his own pocket by an owner we are lucky to have here.
Focus on the good, how hard can it really be?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.22:14.