RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116601-still-dreadful-0-1-hartlepool-away-win.html)

bowler 18th November 2020 11.07:57

Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2409672]I don't think Keates knows his best starting 11. Yes we have had some injuries and the Covid disruption hasn't helped but I don't think we have put the same squad out this season. He keeps chopping and changing and putting players in the wrong places.

Im going to put my neck on the line saying this but I honestly believe this squad with a decent manager could get us in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Top of the league is where we want to be not aiming for the playoffs, The right manager January signings and it's on.

krux 18th November 2020 11.24:50

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2409654]Whats the betting we go on a 10 game unbeaten run now?[/QUOTE]

Not with that type of performance X 10.

Could be turning point I suppose
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 18th November 2020 11.39:48

Its amazing what an impending takeover does to concentrate the minds of management and players. A great win but ultimately Keates, Pep and co all still need to go.

red under the bed 18th November 2020 13.46:53

[QUOTE=Dudders666;2409662]Dreadful performance. Should have been 3-0 at HT, even second half Hartlepool had a few half chances from corners, i think we got away with it by more luck than anything.

I've got no idea what our gameplan or style of play is meant to be. It's different each week. Earlier in the season we were getting our full backs into high attacking positions and pressing high as a team. Whereas last night durrell was basically playing as a defensive left mid, and rutherford likewise on the other side.

Thomas did the best he could, after countless balls were just aimlessly hoofed up to him.

we looked threatening twice in the game, and both times was when durrell got fed up of being hung out to dry on the wing and found himself behind the striker.

Considering this is a team keates has put together himself, he has no idea how best to utilise players.

The team last night had absolutely no pace in it. We badly need hall-johnson and jeffrey just to add something different.[/QUOTE]

Agree ...can't understand why we have lost the getting forward. My lad made the point watching last night that it's as if Rekord has been told to not get forward anymore..Similarly , Johnson gets right down the other half and we missed all that again..Yeovil away game we were all over them first half and looked a good side getting forward. Why hasn't Davies been tried out wide ? That's his position

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 13.51:42

[QUOTE=red under the bed;2409795]Agree ...can't understand why we have lost the getting forward. My lad made the point watching last night that it's as if Rekord has been told to not get forward anymore..Similarly , Johnson gets right down the other half and we missed all that again..Yeovil away game we were all over them first half and looked a good side getting forward. Why hasn't Davies been tried out wide ? That's his position[/QUOTE]

Nah, I can't believe players have been instructed not to get forward.........

joe 18th November 2020 14.10:16

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2409735]Its amazing what an impending takeover does to concentrate the minds of management and players. A great win but ultimately Keates, Pep and co all still need to go.[/QUOTE]

To be fair if we had played anyone better than Hartlepool we’d have got battered, but it was still a slight improvement on what we’ve seen lately.

jackoboy17 18th November 2020 15.29:51

[QUOTE=joe;2409810]To be fair if we had played anyone better than Hartlepool we’d have got battered, but it was still a slight improvement on what we’ve seen lately.[/QUOTE]

Thing I'd there aren't many teams much better than hartlepool
The standard of the league is abysmal
Any half decent team would walk it
Shows how low we've sank to be flirting with relegation, hopefully not for much longer though

cynprifathro 18th November 2020 16.40:23

Monkey Hangers 0 Sheep Shaggers 1 best sums up last night's game!

joe 18th November 2020 18.34:09

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2409849]Thing I'd there aren't many teams much better than hartlepool
The standard of the league is abysmal
Any half decent team would walk it
Shows how low we've sank to be flirting with relegation, hopefully not for much longer though[/QUOTE]

Standard of the league is dire but I’ll still be suprised if Pools threaten the Top 7.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 11.05:18

What is his best line up?

I would like to see this (injuries etc permitting)

Lainton

Back four of Hall-Johnson, Vassell (until Pearson is fit), Kellehar, Reckord

Midfield diamond with Young as the anchor in front of the defence, Harris and Jarvis in the centre and Durrell at the tip behind the front two.

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas

OneLoveWrexham 19th November 2020 11.08:08

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410015]What is his best line up?

Lainton

Midfield diamond with Young as the anchor in front of the defence, Harris and Jarvis in the centre and Durrell at the tip behind the front two.

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas[/QUOTE]
You want Thomas? Are you still drunk after the good news on Monday? I’d rather play Dibble up front.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 11.14:09

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2410017]You want Thomas? Are you still drunk after the good news on Monday? I’d rather play Dibble up front.[/QUOTE]

Currently, what is the alternative?

Ponticelli - has flattered to deceive.
Bickerstaff - is too lightweight
???

In a front two with the staff we have at the moment Thomas probably has to start.
After all, it was his knock down that fed Durrell. If he only does that once a match its better than nothing.
I don't rate him at all, but what is the alternative until someone else comes in?

EnglishRed 19th November 2020 11.15:39

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410015]What is his best line up?

Lainton

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas[/QUOTE]

I'd rather Yussuf and Ponticelli (when he's finally match fit) use Thomas sparingly against certain opponents who struggle with height. We don't need to launch the ball into the air, particularly if we are using players like Durrell, Davies or Jarvis to create things. I also have doubt about Pearson and Kelleher together. Thats an awfully ponderous centre pairing.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 11.18:19

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2410024]I'd rather Yussuf and Ponticelli (when he's finally match fit) use Thomas sparingly against certain opponents who struggle with height. We don't need to launch the ball into the air, particularly if we are using players like Durrell, Davies or Jarvis to create things. I also have doubt about Pearson and Kelleher together. Thats an awfully ponderous centre pairing.[/QUOTE]

If Ponticelli can get match fit, and actually play like we know he can then sure, he would be better with Yussuf.

And i agree pace would be lacking at CB but its clear we need to play Pearson. But with Vassell? I haven't been overly impressed so far. Kellehar looks more solid.

Kiddy Dragon 19th November 2020 11.47:52

Durell after the game 'we base our game on clean sheets'
Why? With 3 points for a win how about basing the game on scoring more than the opposition.

Dai83 19th November 2020 11.59:23

[QUOTE=Kiddy Dragon;2410036]Durell after the game 'we base our game on clean sheets'
Why? With 3 points for a win how about basing the game on scoring more than the opposition.[/QUOTE]

4 conceded at Solihull, 4 at Wealdstone. Its going well.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 12.05:46

[QUOTE=Dai83;2410038]4 conceded at Solihull, 4 at Wealdstone. Its going well.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but its part of the greater scheme...
Those results make the clean sheets look soooooo much better!! :D

Dai83 19th November 2020 12.11:40

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410041]Ah, but its part of the greater scheme...
Those results make the clean sheets look soooooo much better!! :D[/QUOTE]

"At least it wasn't 5" (Mark Griffiths 2020.....probably)

I shouldn't mock him I like the man :D

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.35:05.