RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116601-still-dreadful-0-1-hartlepool-away-win.html)

red under the bed 17th November 2020 20.52:00

Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Terrible first half - better second. Hartlepool average but seen worse

Defence bit more solid this time , though Horsefield poor first half ,picked up 2nd.
Midfield ok -Harris,Young , Rutherford all worked hard and probably won the game in some respects. worked hard enough. Durrell best player on night (good finish) then taken off ??
Thomas good lay off for goal - nothing sticks ,takes no pressure off defence.
Ponticelli was also running the channels then taken off ? (maybe not match fit ??)

Under the cosh last ten and could have been 2-0 down at HT
No width and a lot of hit and hope balls. Take an age to take a set piece, no talking to each other

Still nicked it based on 2nd half and good win at an always difficult place.

fluffysheepsupporter 17th November 2020 20.52:12

Not much better . The first half we were just as bad as most of the matches so far. The forwards are quite frankly useless and whoever comes in to change things needs to get two or three players who can score . Thomas was a bit better today but he is only good at holding up the ball. Only one shot on target and Durrell scored. Better than nothing.

Tom wafc 17th November 2020 21.10:52

Important 3 points. We have to stay close to that playoff pack until January window. Hopefully they can gain some confidence from tonight. Let’s top the week off with a win on Saturday.

Dougie Davies 17th November 2020 21.13:04

Deary me. Wasnt great but Lainton kept us in it. Good finish from Durrell but we're so negative it's unbelievable.

Back of the Kop 17th November 2020 21.28:51

I want Keates gone but the bigger picture is that this league is crap so if we keep in touch until January then we can spend big if we want to.

There's every chance we could then go on to challenge so I'm not going to hope for us to lose games to get Keates the sack in a few weeks. If he gets the bullet then all well and good.

We can't wish this season away with the salary cap coming in next year which will hamper our new owners ability to outspend everyone else

LlayDragon 18th November 2020 07.35:55

Nice to get the win, three dead points gained.

Still want them gone gone gone.

NottsRed 18th November 2020 07.36:14

Whats the betting we go on a 10 game unbeaten run now?

Dudders666 18th November 2020 07.54:00

Dreadful performance. Should have been 3-0 at HT, even second half Hartlepool had a few half chances from corners, i think we got away with it by more luck than anything.

I've got no idea what our gameplan or style of play is meant to be. It's different each week. Earlier in the season we were getting our full backs into high attacking positions and pressing high as a team. Whereas last night durrell was basically playing as a defensive left mid, and rutherford likewise on the other side.

Thomas did the best he could, after countless balls were just aimlessly hoofed up to him.

we looked threatening twice in the game, and both times was when durrell got fed up of being hung out to dry on the wing and found himself behind the striker.

Considering this is a team keates has put together himself, he has no idea how best to utilise players.

The team last night had absolutely no pace in it. We badly need hall-johnson and jeffrey just to add something different.

redavid 18th November 2020 08.04:13

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2409596]I want Keates gone but the bigger picture is that this league is crap so if we keep in touch until January then we can spend big if we want to.

There's every chance we could then go on to challenge so I'm not going to hope for us to lose games to get Keates the sack in a few weeks. If he gets the bullet then all well and good.

We can't wish this season away with the salary cap coming in next year which will hamper our new owners ability to outspend everyone else[/QUOTE]

spend big ? thats not going to happen , just throwing money at it , wasting again , i dont R&R are stupid , the CEO will see whats needed , and thats a manager

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.09:01.