Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th November 2020, 22.13:04   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Dougie Davies's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: MRS usually
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Deary me. Wasnt great but Lainton kept us in it. Good finish from Durrell but we're so negative it's unbelievable.
__________________
Feed me till I want no more!
Old 17th November 2020, 22.28:51   #32-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

I want Keates gone but the bigger picture is that this league is crap so if we keep in touch until January then we can spend big if we want to.

There's every chance we could then go on to challenge so I'm not going to hope for us to lose games to get Keates the sack in a few weeks. If he gets the bullet then all well and good.

We can't wish this season away with the salary cap coming in next year which will hamper our new owners ability to outspend everyone else
Old 18th November 2020, 08.35:55   #33-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Nice to get the win, three dead points gained.

Still want them gone gone gone.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Old 18th November 2020, 08.36:14   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Whats the betting we go on a 10 game unbeaten run now?
Old 18th November 2020, 08.54:00   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Dudders666's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: ERS or MRS
Real Name: Adam
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Dreadful performance. Should have been 3-0 at HT, even second half Hartlepool had a few half chances from corners, i think we got away with it by more luck than anything.

I've got no idea what our gameplan or style of play is meant to be. It's different each week. Earlier in the season we were getting our full backs into high attacking positions and pressing high as a team. Whereas last night durrell was basically playing as a defensive left mid, and rutherford likewise on the other side.

Thomas did the best he could, after countless balls were just aimlessly hoofed up to him.

we looked threatening twice in the game, and both times was when durrell got fed up of being hung out to dry on the wing and found himself behind the striker.

Considering this is a team keates has put together himself, he has no idea how best to utilise players.

The team last night had absolutely no pace in it. We badly need hall-johnson and jeffrey just to add something different.
__________________
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese, and a F**king challenge.
Old 18th November 2020, 09.04:13   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
I want Keates gone but the bigger picture is that this league is crap so if we keep in touch until January then we can spend big if we want to.

There's every chance we could then go on to challenge so I'm not going to hope for us to lose games to get Keates the sack in a few weeks. If he gets the bullet then all well and good.

We can't wish this season away with the salary cap coming in next year which will hamper our new owners ability to outspend everyone else
spend big ? thats not going to happen , just throwing money at it , wasting again , i dont R&R are stupid , the CEO will see whats needed , and thats a manager
Old 18th November 2020, 09.21:38   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
NottsRed's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders666 View Post
Dreadful performance. Should have been 3-0 at HT, even second half Hartlepool had a few half chances from corners, i think we got away with it by more luck than anything.

I've got no idea what our gameplan or style of play is meant to be. It's different each week. Earlier in the season we were getting our full backs into high attacking positions and pressing high as a team. Whereas last night durrell was basically playing as a defensive left mid, and rutherford likewise on the other side.

Thomas did the best he could, after countless balls were just aimlessly hoofed up to him.

we looked threatening twice in the game, and both times was when durrell got fed up of being hung out to dry on the wing and found himself behind the striker.

Considering this is a team keates has put together himself, he has no idea how best to utilise players.

The team last night had absolutely no pace in it. We badly need hall-johnson and jeffrey just to add something different.
I don't think Keates knows his best starting 11. Yes we have had some injuries and the Covid disruption hasn't helped but I don't think we have put the same squad out this season. He keeps chopping and changing and putting players in the wrong places.

Im going to put my neck on the line saying this but I honestly believe this squad with a decent manager could get us in the playoffs.
Old 18th November 2020, 09.29:10   #38-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
spend big ? thats not going to happen , just throwing money at it , wasting again , i dont R&R are stupid , the CEO will see whats needed , and thats a manager
R & R know they need to spend in January. We ain't getting out of this division with loans from League 2.

Who said anything about wasting money ?

We need 4 or 5 quality players ( CB, centre mid, winger, 2 strikers) who will make all the difference. Is that a waste of money ? Their aim is promotion ASAP.

Any player worth his salts from League 2 and possibly League 1 will want to get on this ride
Old 18th November 2020, 09.41:19   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
Vorporix's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

I'll take any win for now - hopefully January will see some newcomers....
Old 18th November 2020, 10.56:20   #40-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: mold road
Real Name: dave williams
Twitter: @





Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Whats the betting we go on a 10 game unbeaten run now?
Wouldn't that be fantastic, highly unlikely but a decent run would get us challenging which is where we need to be.

Longer term the manager's position will not necessary rely on results as shown by other richly backed clubs i.e. Utd sacking Sexton after 7 straight wins and more to our level, Salford & Fleetwood changing managers as they progress. It would be great to think we would show a bit more loyalty than that which our history proved, it had its rewards.

Short term its about results and each season every manager should get at least a dozen games and it will be better for squad stability if we dont make a change right now. DK is on borrowed time and short term needs to get us moving up into the top 7 and playing more freely as confidence builds and if he does that then, no sense unsettling things now.

Last edited by davewilli; 18th November 2020 at 10.57:54..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.50:26.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12