Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2020, 11.07:57   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
I don't think Keates knows his best starting 11. Yes we have had some injuries and the Covid disruption hasn't helped but I don't think we have put the same squad out this season. He keeps chopping and changing and putting players in the wrong places.

Im going to put my neck on the line saying this but I honestly believe this squad with a decent manager could get us in the playoffs.
Top of the league is where we want to be not aiming for the playoffs, The right manager January signings and it's on.
Old 18th November 2020, 11.24:50   #42-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Whats the betting we go on a 10 game unbeaten run now?
Not with that type of performance X 10.

Could be turning point I suppose
Posted via mobile theme
Old 18th November 2020, 11.39:48   #43-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Its amazing what an impending takeover does to concentrate the minds of management and players. A great win but ultimately Keates, Pep and co all still need to go.
Old 18th November 2020, 13.46:53   #44-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders666 View Post
Dreadful performance. Should have been 3-0 at HT, even second half Hartlepool had a few half chances from corners, i think we got away with it by more luck than anything.

I've got no idea what our gameplan or style of play is meant to be. It's different each week. Earlier in the season we were getting our full backs into high attacking positions and pressing high as a team. Whereas last night durrell was basically playing as a defensive left mid, and rutherford likewise on the other side.

Thomas did the best he could, after countless balls were just aimlessly hoofed up to him.

we looked threatening twice in the game, and both times was when durrell got fed up of being hung out to dry on the wing and found himself behind the striker.

Considering this is a team keates has put together himself, he has no idea how best to utilise players.

The team last night had absolutely no pace in it. We badly need hall-johnson and jeffrey just to add something different.
Agree ...can't understand why we have lost the getting forward. My lad made the point watching last night that it's as if Rekord has been told to not get forward anymore..Similarly , Johnson gets right down the other half and we missed all that again..Yeovil away game we were all over them first half and looked a good side getting forward. Why hasn't Davies been tried out wide ? That's his position
Old 18th November 2020, 13.51:42   #45-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red under the bed View Post
Agree ...can't understand why we have lost the getting forward. My lad made the point watching last night that it's as if Rekord has been told to not get forward anymore..Similarly , Johnson gets right down the other half and we missed all that again..Yeovil away game we were all over them first half and looked a good side getting forward. Why hasn't Davies been tried out wide ? That's his position
Nah, I can't believe players have been instructed not to get forward.........
Old 18th November 2020, 14.10:16   #46-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Its amazing what an impending takeover does to concentrate the minds of management and players. A great win but ultimately Keates, Pep and co all still need to go.
To be fair if we had played anyone better than Hartlepool we’d have got battered, but it was still a slight improvement on what we’ve seen lately.
Old 18th November 2020, 15.29:51   #47-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
To be fair if we had played anyone better than Hartlepool we’d have got battered, but it was still a slight improvement on what we’ve seen lately.
Thing I'd there aren't many teams much better than hartlepool
The standard of the league is abysmal
Any half decent team would walk it
Shows how low we've sank to be flirting with relegation, hopefully not for much longer though
Old 18th November 2020, 16.40:23   #48-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Monkey Hangers 0 Sheep Shaggers 1 best sums up last night's game!
Old 18th November 2020, 18.34:09   #49-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoboy17 View Post
Thing I'd there aren't many teams much better than hartlepool
The standard of the league is abysmal
Any half decent team would walk it
Shows how low we've sank to be flirting with relegation, hopefully not for much longer though
Standard of the league is dire but I’ll still be suprised if Pools threaten the Top 7.
Old 19th November 2020, 11.05:18   #50-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

What is his best line up?

I would like to see this (injuries etc permitting)

Lainton

Back four of Hall-Johnson, Vassell (until Pearson is fit), Kellehar, Reckord

Midfield diamond with Young as the anchor in front of the defence, Harris and Jarvis in the centre and Durrell at the tip behind the front two.

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.15:47.