RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116601-still-dreadful-0-1-hartlepool-away-win.html)

joe 18th November 2020 13.10:16

Re: Still Dreadful (0-1 Hartlepool away win!)

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2409735]Its amazing what an impending takeover does to concentrate the minds of management and players. A great win but ultimately Keates, Pep and co all still need to go.[/QUOTE]

To be fair if we had played anyone better than Hartlepool we’d have got battered, but it was still a slight improvement on what we’ve seen lately.

jackoboy17 18th November 2020 14.29:51

[QUOTE=joe;2409810]To be fair if we had played anyone better than Hartlepool we’d have got battered, but it was still a slight improvement on what we’ve seen lately.[/QUOTE]

Thing I'd there aren't many teams much better than hartlepool
The standard of the league is abysmal
Any half decent team would walk it
Shows how low we've sank to be flirting with relegation, hopefully not for much longer though

cynprifathro 18th November 2020 15.40:23

Monkey Hangers 0 Sheep Shaggers 1 best sums up last night's game!

joe 18th November 2020 17.34:09

[QUOTE=jackoboy17;2409849]Thing I'd there aren't many teams much better than hartlepool
The standard of the league is abysmal
Any half decent team would walk it
Shows how low we've sank to be flirting with relegation, hopefully not for much longer though[/QUOTE]

Standard of the league is dire but I’ll still be suprised if Pools threaten the Top 7.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 10.05:18

What is his best line up?

I would like to see this (injuries etc permitting)

Lainton

Back four of Hall-Johnson, Vassell (until Pearson is fit), Kellehar, Reckord

Midfield diamond with Young as the anchor in front of the defence, Harris and Jarvis in the centre and Durrell at the tip behind the front two.

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas

OneLoveWrexham 19th November 2020 10.08:08

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410015]What is his best line up?

Lainton

Midfield diamond with Young as the anchor in front of the defence, Harris and Jarvis in the centre and Durrell at the tip behind the front two.

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas[/QUOTE]
You want Thomas? Are you still drunk after the good news on Monday? I’d rather play Dibble up front.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 10.14:09

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2410017]You want Thomas? Are you still drunk after the good news on Monday? I’d rather play Dibble up front.[/QUOTE]

Currently, what is the alternative?

Ponticelli - has flattered to deceive.
Bickerstaff - is too lightweight
???

In a front two with the staff we have at the moment Thomas probably has to start.
After all, it was his knock down that fed Durrell. If he only does that once a match its better than nothing.
I don't rate him at all, but what is the alternative until someone else comes in?

EnglishRed 19th November 2020 10.15:39

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410015]What is his best line up?

Lainton

Front two of Yussuf and Thomas[/QUOTE]

I'd rather Yussuf and Ponticelli (when he's finally match fit) use Thomas sparingly against certain opponents who struggle with height. We don't need to launch the ball into the air, particularly if we are using players like Durrell, Davies or Jarvis to create things. I also have doubt about Pearson and Kelleher together. Thats an awfully ponderous centre pairing.

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 10.18:19

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2410024]I'd rather Yussuf and Ponticelli (when he's finally match fit) use Thomas sparingly against certain opponents who struggle with height. We don't need to launch the ball into the air, particularly if we are using players like Durrell, Davies or Jarvis to create things. I also have doubt about Pearson and Kelleher together. Thats an awfully ponderous centre pairing.[/QUOTE]

If Ponticelli can get match fit, and actually play like we know he can then sure, he would be better with Yussuf.

And i agree pace would be lacking at CB but its clear we need to play Pearson. But with Vassell? I haven't been overly impressed so far. Kellehar looks more solid.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.11:51.