RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ratings vs the Pools (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116602-ratings-vs-pools.html)

billybersham 17th November 2020 21.22:32

Re: Ratings vs the Pools

[QUOTE=-luke;2409575]4 across the board first half. It was 60 mins in before I realised ruthers was even playing. Ponticelli very poor.

Second half was a defensively solid performance, defending as a team... Launton for once the weak link. Draigs ratings mostly fair for second half only in my opinion. Thought reckord was really good second half, standout player for me for 45 mins.

Many issues to resolve. Pearson will steady the ship assuming he gets match fit quickly but its time for Harris to hang his boots up. Ruthers too.[/QUOTE]

Pearson did not steady the ship last season 31 league games he played and only covid saved us from relegation.

Lods 17th November 2020 22.35:01

Lainton: 7 - Kept us in it first half and kept a clean sheet. Thought he was close to making a mistake (when he dropped it when he tried to create a counter attack in the 2nd half stands out) but got away with it.
Horsfield: 5 - I like him but most of Hartlepool's attacks were coming down his side. When they brought on Ofosu he looked lost but thankfully they had no end product.
Vassell: 6 - There's a player in there but most centre backs can't put up with a constant bombardment like Keates teams are set up to take. Did well to keep a clean sheet though.
Kelleher: 7 - The better of the two centre backs we're playing at the moment. Isn't perfect by any means but had a good showing tonight.
Reckord: 6 - Game of two halves. First half was absent but played some good stuff in the second.
Durrell: 6 - Got his goal and took it well but didn't seem to do much beyond that. All the midfield tonight were similar and suffered from a lack of height/strength to really take control of the game.
Young: 5 - Didn't think he had a great game at all but Keates' team is made to bypass the midfield so I don't think a midfielder can have a great game in this set-up.
Harris: 5 - Was painfully average as well.
Rutherford: 5 - Did nothing really. Ran around, didn't assist or score. Standard.
Ponticelli: 4 - Anonymous.
Thomas: 6 - Won the ball to assist Durrell. Won quite a few headers and flick-ons but for some reason there was rarely anyone within 10 foot of him to take advantage. I think it's the coaching. I'd be surprised if he got 10 goals this season though.

Yussuf: 5 - Came on for us when we were looking to run down the clock. Decent hold up play but this wasn't a match for him to shine in.
Hall-Johnson: N/A - Came on too late to rate.

John Neals Dynasty 17th November 2020 23.10:24

Lainton 6 - his time-wasting is going to bite him on the arse with a sending off, made a couple of good saves but 2nd half he got away with some Bruce Grobbelar clownish antics.

Horsfield - 5 didn't realise he was playing until 25 minutes in seen nothing in him as of yet maybe not not fully fit.

Vassel - 6 average

Kelleher - 7 best of the defence but seriously lacks pace, if Pearson plays alongside him we will have 2 centre backs with no pace who cannot bring the ball forward only hoof it.

Reckord - 6 awful first half a lot better in the second but his crosses are poor.

Durrell - 6 good goal another poor first half improved in the second.

Young - 5 awful stood about a lot pointing nothing like the player of the last 2 seasons as of yet, struggling with the similar midfielders and Keates hoofball tactics.

Harris - 4 Anonymous first half not much better second half either... Past his best.

Rutherford - 3 didn't know he was playing until the 35th minute, a cross second half summed him up not good enough for the evostick league.

Ponticelli - 4 looks disinterested not suited to hoofball he showed promise last season, looks like the coaching has ruined him.

Thomas - 6 a true donkey who gets his head to the ball but hasn't a clue where he is heading it just basically and simply not hood enough he won't score many goals that's for sure.

SUBS
Yussuf - 5 Yuseless
Johnson not on long enough to rate

Keates - 5 his hoofball tactics are simply pathetic... Sooner he's shown the door the better..

Overall first half 2 very poor sides H/pool had more pace and at least tried to play football poor finishing, and a good save and a post stopped them from being at least 2-3 goals up. Wrexham first half looked like a team who has not played in 3 weeks. Second half an improvement.

To sum it up 3 ground out points with luck on our side and 2 poor teams.

I guess a wins a win but the new Ceo has a lot of work to do.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Colonel D 18th November 2020 10.08:33

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2409621]Lainton 6 - his time-wasting is going to bite him on the arse with a sending off, made a couple of good saves but 2nd half he got away with some Bruce Grobbelar clownish antics.

Horsfield - 5 didn't realise he was playing until 25 minutes in seen nothing in him as of yet maybe not not fully fit.

Vassel - 6 average

Kelleher - 7 best of the defence but seriously lacks pace, if Pearson plays alongside him we will have 2 centre backs with no pace who cannot bring the ball forward only hoof it.

Reckord - 6 awful first half a lot better in the second but his crosses are poor.

Young - 5 awful stood about a lot pointing nothing like the player of the last 2 seasons as of yet, struggling with the similar midfielders and Keates hoofball tactics.

Harris - 4 Anonymous first half not much better second half either... Past his best.

Rutherford - 3 didn't know he was playing until the 35th minute, a cross second half summed him up not good enough for the evostick league.

Ponticelli - 4 looks disinterested not suited to hoofball he showed promise last season, looks like the coaching has ruined him.

Thomas - 6 a true donkey who gets his head to the ball but hasn't a clue where he is heading it just basically and simply not hood enough he won't score many goals that's for sure.

SUBS
Yussuf - 5 Yuseless

Keates - 5 his hoofball tactics are simply pathetic... Sooner he's shown the door the better..

Overall first half 2 very poor sides H/pool had more pace and at least tried to play football poor finishing, and a good save and a post stopped them from being at least 2-3 goals up. Wrexham first half looked like a team who has not played in 3 weeks. Second half an improvement.

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
I think we will end up playing 3-5-2 with a pacey player alongside Kelleher and Pearson.
Strangely Vassell had his best game of season and I had written him off as useless.

redavid 18th November 2020 13.23:38

[QUOTE=billybersham;2409592]Pearson did not steady the ship last season 31 league games he played and only covid saved us from relegation.[/QUOTE]

Thats a bit harsh , He`s one of 11 , if a few more played to his standard we might have finished higher .

redone 18th November 2020 13.31:53

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2409621]Lainton 6 - his time-wasting is going to bite him on the arse with a sending off, made a couple of good saves but 2nd half he got away with some Bruce Grobbelar clownish antics.

Vassel - 6 average

SUBS
Yussuf - 5 Yuseless

[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

agree with most of this, Thomas 6? is that the amount of touches he takes to control a ball

Mr Burns 18th November 2020 14.23:32

Dreadful game but a win, ratings 3-4 no more, Durell's goal a 7, comedy value 6 at times.

willyheckerslike 18th November 2020 15.25:40

There's a hell of a lot to do for the new management team whoever they are...which really means they have to be experienced operators with a proven track record at this level and above! Timing is going to crucial to give them sufficient time to make a difference this season....the nearer we get to January with the chuckle brothers still in charge the less chance we will have of bringing in the players we need in the window and ultimately retrieving this season.

Cookie 19th November 2020 11.58:06

I've not seen it mentioned anywhere so forgive me if it has.
Did Harris get knocked out?
I know he carried on and if he had the protocols would say he would have to go off but he looked very out of it on the floor for quite some time...?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.15:44.