Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2020, 13.44:23   #31-0 (permalink)
-

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Racecourse

i am trying not to get carried away, but the situation we are now in is unprecedented, we all know that Wrexham can attract substantial followings ie, Burton game, grimsby game with a thousand locked out, a few seasons ago when mills had us playing like real Madrid our attendances were rising by hundreds every game, even without investorsin a promotion season we would fill the ground for the last quarter, now however something differant is happening this is not just Wrexham, Mold, Deeside, Flint, Ruthin, Denbigh
etc etc this is global, we are going to be very much in the public eye and interest in attending games is not going to be governed by former criteria it is a whole new ball game, so to speak
Old 18th November 2020, 13.53:28   #32-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonspark View Post
i am trying not to get carried away, but the situation we are now in is unprecedented, we all know that Wrexham can attract substantial followings ie, Burton game, grimsby game with a thousand locked out, a few seasons ago when mills had us playing like real Madrid our attendances were rising by hundreds every game, even without investorsin a promotion season we would fill the ground for the last quarter, now however something differant is happening this is not just Wrexham, Mold, Deeside, Flint, Ruthin, Denbigh
etc etc this is global, we are going to be very much in the public eye and interest in attending games is not going to be governed by former criteria it is a whole new ball game, so to speak
Getting rid of the smarmy "my" bit and simply reverting to the Racecourse ground again would be welcomed my many.
Old 18th November 2020, 13.59:35   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Lockdown at home
Twitter: @podders1981

Long term future of the Racecourse, for if we ever made it big, was compromised as soon as those flats went up. If you look at the footprint of whats available at the Racecourse and whats been built elsewhere then the New York Stadium in Rotherham is a similar size at 12k.

If we wanted regular international football at the Racecourse, for example 1 competitive international a year, i think the FAW would want to see a 20k stadium like the Liberty stadium.
Old 18th November 2020, 14.01:11   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Bigger brighter floodlights
Old 18th November 2020, 14.01:57   #35-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I just wish someone (the Welsh Govt) would make a decision and commit the money to clearing the Kop. Once it's all gone, we can look forward regarding redevelopment but the costs of clearing it are going to be considerable; maybe £1m+ and that's plucking a figure out of the air.
I've been saying this for years.

It's got to come down and the cost is only going to go up.
I understand the buildings on the corner of Crispin Lane have been acquired in readiness to be demolished as part of the Gateway Project, why stop there?
Once the bulldozers are in, don't stop until they reach the flats.

Or better still, take them down as well.
Old 18th November 2020, 14.04:40   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisy1 View Post
I've been saying this for years.

It's got to come down and the cost is only going to go up.
I understand the buildings on the corner of Crispin Lane have been acquired in readiness to be demolished as part of the Gateway Project, why stop there?
Once the bulldozers are in, don't stop until they reach the flats.

Or better still, take them down as well.
Was the Welsh Govt involved with demolishing the old police station or were those costs covered by Lidl?
Old 18th November 2020, 14.14:39   #37-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I think we will see plans earlier given that assembly elections are in May , and some analysts think that Griffiths is in danger of losing her seat.
Fingers crossed she will be, another who's failed for the area. Cardiff are getting another arena - how many do they need? - while in North Wales we're crying out for such a space. This will be supported by Welsh Government cash which I think would be better spent in the north, Wrexham would be ideal. Wales Comic Con is in Telford because it's outgrown Wrexham and no suitable alternative is available, throw in the popularity of the Racecourse gigs to.

To be clearer, they should be unveiled this autumn.
Old 18th November 2020, 14.21:05   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Think everyone needs to manage their expectations.

A new stand is at least £1k a seat and then there is ongoing costs. So it needs to be sustainable... i.e. have the fans.

The kop development is going to happen as is the gateway project. Clwyd South MS Ken skates needs it before the assembly elections next May, the council leader needs it before his election the year afterwards.

We're in a pandemic, it's going to take a lot of extra time, just look at chapter court, techniquest, etc. There are other priorities for the welsh government like keeping businesses afloat and helping them develop during these difficult times.

We have three sides and four corners to play with. The problem is getting the machinery in, out and over land not owned or leased by the club, university, the council, transport for wales and welsh government.

Let's the club focus on getting out of this league, through league two and into league 1.
Old 18th November 2020, 14.39:30   #39-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I'd be happy at the moment with a new Kop and improvements to the other stands. Better Toilets, Bars , food kiosks etc...
Repairing leaky Roofs, Replacing damaged seats etc... Just make the old girl tidy and fit for purpose.
Old 18th November 2020, 14.43:51   #40-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I'd be happy at the moment with a new Kop and improvements to the other stands. Better Toilets, Bars , food kiosks etc...
Repairing leaky Roofs, Replacing damaged seats etc... Just make the old girl tidy and fit for purpose.
I wonder how they'll want her looking for TV?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.21:17.