Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th November 2020, 14.50:30   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Racecourse

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
Getting rid of the smarmy "my" bit and simply reverting to the Racecourse ground again would be welcomed my many.
Agree and lets call it as it always was "The Racecourse ". Let's have a professional announcer , entertainment at half time , proper food , English before Welsh announcements ( I suspect that 90% of the fans cant speak Welsh ) and cut out all the cringe worthy rubbish that Harris and Co introduced ( thug security for one ).

Last edited by Corner Flag; 18th November 2020 at 14.51:51..
Old 18th November 2020, 14.55:04   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by podders View Post
Long term future of the Racecourse, for if we ever made it big, was compromised as soon as those flats went up. If you look at the footprint of whats available at the Racecourse and whats been built elsewhere then the New York Stadium in Rotherham is a similar size at 12k.

If we wanted regular international football at the Racecourse, for example 1 competitive international a year, i think the FAW would want to see a 20k stadium like the Liberty stadium.
Yes and no. The Yale stand is huge. You could replace it with a stand the same size which would hold more fans. Same with the Kop
Old 18th November 2020, 15.03:45   #43-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Preston have developed there historic ground looks really impressive with a capacity of 24;500
Old 18th November 2020, 15.03:46   #44-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

For me, Kop first and foremost, obviously. The MRS is fine, and I don't think there's an urgent need to redevelop either the Tech-End or the Yale. Just get some nice fresh new seats in the latter two - and maybe the MRS while they're at it! - and that would make a world of difference aesthetically. Doing the Kop will obviously cost, and personally, I'd be very content with that in the short to medium term. Floodlighting will need doing too, before long, so more cost there.

For me, the two biggest potential benefits of this deal are a new Kop stand, and a new, properly equipped training ground. These are both clearly vital to the club's long-term success, and for me are just as important as investment in the playing staff. Let's not expect instant miracles though, and personally I'm just gladdened to know that when some sort of normality returns to our daily lives, we - unlike some others perhaps! - will hopefully still have a club to support, and one which will be able to move in the right direction.
Old 18th November 2020, 15.13:52   #45-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

What's happening with this football museum?
Old 18th November 2020, 15.19:11   #46-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

It would be interesting to see some analysis done on our potential gates with a successful team or a team established in the Championship. Alot of our capacity is taken up by seats in the away end and that has to be factored in playing in the Championship. Looking back over our records of the last 100 years 77/78 our promotion season to tier 2 was our best for league attendances averaging 11,651. In only 10 of the 100 years has our best league gate of the season topped 15K so I guess a new 5K Kop stand would certainly do for starters. Over the 4 seasons we were in tier 2 our average gates dropped from around 11.5K to 4 2K then nosedived after relegation.

We have a large catchment area, although Wxm historically has been one of the smallest towns with a FL club and over the years, people have only travelled in good numbers for the big cup ties or the big end of season games. I suppose the euphoria will bring back the casuals and many new supporters, the secret will be keeping them consistently on wet or freezing Tuesday evenings, when it is all about the football not the glitz.
Old 18th November 2020, 15.50:10   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
What's happening with this football museum?
It will no doubt have a tiny space in the existing town museum.
Old 18th November 2020, 15.53:58   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
It will no doubt have a tiny space in the existing town museum.
Supposed to be going into the new Kop isn't it?
Old 18th November 2020, 15.55:57   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Supposed to be going into the new Kop isn't it?
No LD - was origionally but we were 'short changed' again.

Last I heard it was going in the old Mags court!
Old 18th November 2020, 16.00:14   #50-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
No LD - was origionally but we were 'short changed' again.

Last I heard it was going in the old Mags court!
Ah, thought it was mentioned in the last news about Kop funding?

They need to make their minds up.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.23:42.