RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Players currently out of contract ... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116608-players-currently-out-contract.html)

Wyn 18th November 2020 22.07:19

Players currently out of contract ...

I think Iím right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

Having just watched the great Wales performance against Finland thought it might be worth highlighting that there are a few ex-Wales players who are now free agents and could maybe do a job as a part of our revival.

Could be out of our price range but Iím not sure what that is any more.

Interested to hear peoples views on:

1) Ashley Williams
2) Andy King
3) Jazz Richards

Think they are all looking for a club at the moment

Back of the Kop 18th November 2020 22.26:02

Re: Players currently out of contract ...

[QUOTE=Wyn;2409932]I think Iím right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

Having just watched the great Wales performance against Finland thought it might be worth highlighting that there are a few ex-Wales players who are now free agents and could maybe do a job as a part of our revival.

Could be out of our price range but Iím not sure what that is any more.

Interested to hear peoples views on:

1) Ashley Williams
2) Andy King
3) Jazz Richards

Think they are all looking for a club at the moment[/QUOTE]

Not sure what sort of wages R&R are willing to pay at this level or whether real quality players will drop this far down even for good wages.

One thing is for sure, all 3 of the above walk into our current team but the new CEO will decide the strategy for getting out of this Division as fast as possible.

Cymru_Am_Byth_WXM 19th November 2020 00.19:39

[QUOTE=Wyn;2409932]I think Iím right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

[/QUOTE]

Yep thatís right. Free Agents arenít bound by the transfer window.

I saw Joe Ledley sharing something Wrexham related on Twitter the other day too. Donít think he has a club at the moment either.

wrexhamforever16 19th November 2020 00.22:32

Joe Ledley wished the club well yesterday, I’d have him & Andy King here. Even with the money, I can’t see them happening though

andyjack 19th November 2020 06.16:36

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2409962]Joe Ledley wished the club well yesterday, Iíd have him & Andy King here. Even with the money, I canít see them happening though[/QUOTE]

No point in bringing in two quality midfielders only for keates to bypass them with his hoofball

Ddraigoch 19th November 2020 07.22:59

Andy King would eat this League but I think we desperately need a midfielder who can dictate the play.

Ironically, we haven’t seen this type of midfielder since the days of Dean Keates or Darren Ferguson.

Alan Attack 19th November 2020 07.39:50

It’s a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 08.26:56

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409971]Itís a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.[/QUOTE]

Best midfielder we've had since being in this league but also the worst manager we've had.

Foxy 19th November 2020 08.36:06

Generally a very well written article, though some wayward observations, especially where they say that Wrexham might become the natural club for people in Cheshire.

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 08.39:54

I can't see any of those dropping to this level bar maybe Ashley Williams and I'm not sure he'd be a good idea, he's 36 and crocked.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.13:57.