RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Players currently out of contract ... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116608-players-currently-out-contract.html)

Wyn 18th November 2020 21.07:19

Players currently out of contract ...

I think I’m right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

Having just watched the great Wales performance against Finland thought it might be worth highlighting that there are a few ex-Wales players who are now free agents and could maybe do a job as a part of our revival.

Could be out of our price range but I’m not sure what that is any more.

Interested to hear peoples views on:

1) Ashley Williams
2) Andy King
3) Jazz Richards

Think they are all looking for a club at the moment

Back of the Kop 18th November 2020 21.26:02

Re: Players currently out of contract ...

[QUOTE=Wyn;2409932]I think I’m right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

Having just watched the great Wales performance against Finland thought it might be worth highlighting that there are a few ex-Wales players who are now free agents and could maybe do a job as a part of our revival.

Could be out of our price range but I’m not sure what that is any more.

Interested to hear peoples views on:

1) Ashley Williams
2) Andy King
3) Jazz Richards

Think they are all looking for a club at the moment[/QUOTE]

Not sure what sort of wages R&R are willing to pay at this level or whether real quality players will drop this far down even for good wages.

One thing is for sure, all 3 of the above walk into our current team but the new CEO will decide the strategy for getting out of this Division as fast as possible.

Cymru_Am_Byth_WXM 18th November 2020 23.19:39

[QUOTE=Wyn;2409932]I think I’m right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

[/QUOTE]

Yep that’s right. Free Agents aren’t bound by the transfer window.

I saw Joe Ledley sharing something Wrexham related on Twitter the other day too. Don’t think he has a club at the moment either.

wrexhamforever16 18th November 2020 23.22:32

Joe Ledley wished the club well yesterday, I’d have him & Andy King here. Even with the money, I can’t see them happening though

andyjack 19th November 2020 05.16:36

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2409962]Joe Ledley wished the club well yesterday, I’d have him & Andy King here. Even with the money, I can’t see them happening though[/QUOTE]

No point in bringing in two quality midfielders only for keates to bypass them with his hoofball

Ddraigoch 19th November 2020 06.22:59

Andy King would eat this League but I think we desperately need a midfielder who can dictate the play.

Ironically, we haven’t seen this type of midfielder since the days of Dean Keates or Darren Ferguson.

Alan Attack 19th November 2020 06.39:50

It’s a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 07.26:56

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409971]It’s a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.[/QUOTE]

Best midfielder we've had since being in this league but also the worst manager we've had.

Foxy 19th November 2020 07.36:06

Generally a very well written article, though some wayward observations, especially where they say that Wrexham might become the natural club for people in Cheshire.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.43:24.