RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Players currently out of contract ... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116608-players-currently-out-contract.html)

Wyn 18th November 2020 21.07:19

Players currently out of contract ...

I think I’m right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

Having just watched the great Wales performance against Finland thought it might be worth highlighting that there are a few ex-Wales players who are now free agents and could maybe do a job as a part of our revival.

Could be out of our price range but I’m not sure what that is any more.

Interested to hear peoples views on:

1) Ashley Williams
2) Andy King
3) Jazz Richards

Think they are all looking for a club at the moment

Back of the Kop 18th November 2020 21.26:02

Re: Players currently out of contract ...

[QUOTE=Wyn;2409932]I think I’m right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

Having just watched the great Wales performance against Finland thought it might be worth highlighting that there are a few ex-Wales players who are now free agents and could maybe do a job as a part of our revival.

Could be out of our price range but I’m not sure what that is any more.

Interested to hear peoples views on:

1) Ashley Williams
2) Andy King
3) Jazz Richards

Think they are all looking for a club at the moment[/QUOTE]

Not sure what sort of wages R&R are willing to pay at this level or whether real quality players will drop this far down even for good wages.

One thing is for sure, all 3 of the above walk into our current team but the new CEO will decide the strategy for getting out of this Division as fast as possible.

Cymru_Am_Byth_WXM 18th November 2020 23.19:39

[QUOTE=Wyn;2409932]I think I’m right in saying we could still sign out of contract players before the transfer window re-opens ...

[/QUOTE]

Yep that’s right. Free Agents aren’t bound by the transfer window.

I saw Joe Ledley sharing something Wrexham related on Twitter the other day too. Don’t think he has a club at the moment either.

wrexhamforever16 18th November 2020 23.22:32

Joe Ledley wished the club well yesterday, I’d have him & Andy King here. Even with the money, I can’t see them happening though

andyjack 19th November 2020 05.16:36

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2409962]Joe Ledley wished the club well yesterday, I’d have him & Andy King here. Even with the money, I can’t see them happening though[/QUOTE]

No point in bringing in two quality midfielders only for keates to bypass them with his hoofball

Ddraigoch 19th November 2020 06.22:59

Andy King would eat this League but I think we desperately need a midfielder who can dictate the play.

Ironically, we haven’t seen this type of midfielder since the days of Dean Keates or Darren Ferguson.

Alan Attack 19th November 2020 06.39:50

It’s a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 07.26:56

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409971]It’s a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.[/QUOTE]

Best midfielder we've had since being in this league but also the worst manager we've had.

Foxy 19th November 2020 07.36:06

Generally a very well written article, though some wayward observations, especially where they say that Wrexham might become the natural club for people in Cheshire.

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 07.39:54

I can't see any of those dropping to this level bar maybe Ashley Williams and I'm not sure he'd be a good idea, he's 36 and crocked.

redinsaudi 19th November 2020 07.49:58

I’m quietly confident we could sign these quality of player. The publicity that this would bring their profile would be immense. This is already global. The problem is Keats wouldn’t have the know how or foresight to think of this. What’s worse too is these types of players would soon see through Keates ability as a coach.

Back of the Kop 19th November 2020 07.50:53

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2409976]I can't see any of those dropping to this level bar maybe Ashley Williams and I'm not sure he'd be a good idea, he's 36 and crocked.[/QUOTE]

Agreed about Ashley William's. No point having someone here who is out injured all the time regardless what level they've played at.

Not sure of Ledley & King's fitness and ability to play Saturday/Tuesday but boy would they be quality signings if fit

Dai83 19th November 2020 09.43:30

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2409971]It’s a shame Keates has ruined his legacy. He was a fine player.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the type of player we need now. I can't believe the player Dean Keates became the nagative, dour manager Dean Keates we see today.

Funny_Old_Game 19th November 2020 09.49:02

Ashley Williams would be slower than Vassell.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

benwilliams 19th November 2020 10.09:32

Ashley Williams as player coach under Chris Coleman?

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 10.16:03

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2410018]Ashley Williams as player coach under Chris Coleman?[/QUOTE]

We don't want Chris Coleman here!!

If we want a Coleman, get John..

Inside Left 19th November 2020 10.19:15

This obsession with Welsh again..... hey - its global now should be scouting out in Brazil !

Back of the Kop 19th November 2020 10.24:17

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2410029]This obsession with Welsh again..... hey - its global now should be scouting out in Brazil ![/QUOTE]

Agree on that !!!

kevjones1964 19th November 2020 11.00:08

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2410029]This obsession with Welsh again..... hey - its global now should be scouting out in Brazil ![/QUOTE]

Yes, or or or Trinidad?

I'll get me coat.

John Neals Dynasty 19th November 2020 11.02:50

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2410018]Ashley Williams as player coach under Chris Coleman?[/QUOTE]

Chris Coleman pmsl he is not a good club manager and his type of football is only slightly better than Keates.... We won't have a Bale to carry him through.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Ooh aah Paskin 19th November 2020 11.08:24

I think if Keates does eventually get the heave-ho, we shouldn't be looking at 'big name' managerial appointments as that isn't what is needed at this level. A manager with knowledge of the lower leagues is much more likely.
I would be looking at the likes of John Coleman, The Cowleys, Garrad etc...

redone 19th November 2020 11.20:30

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410025]We don't want Chris Coleman here!!

If we want a Coleman, get John..[/QUOTE]

yep hes mustard:hiding:

JonWrexhamfc 19th November 2020 11.20:57

Think Ledley is still with Newcastle Jets? Definitely have him here, though.

Would be great to sign players of King, Ledley, Richards calibre even if unlikely. Ledley could be within reach, though.

Hometown Unicorn 19th November 2020 11.22:24

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2410046]Think Ledley is still with Newcastle Jets? Definitely have him here, though.

Would be great to sign players of King, Ledley, Richards calibre even if unlikely. Ledley could be within reach, though.[/QUOTE]

Ledley almost signed for Newport.

Phils-an-alki 19th November 2020 11.24:33

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410042]I think if Keates does eventually get the heave-ho, we shouldn't be looking at 'big name' managerial appointments as that isn't what is needed at this level. A manager with knowledge of the lower leagues is much more likely.
I would be looking at the likes of John Coleman, The Cowleys, Garrad etc...[/QUOTE]

If? Its the most nailed on sacking in the football world. He's a dead man walking and from what I've heard he knows it too.

cynprifathro 19th November 2020 11.27:41

Keates was a good midfield general until injuries took their toll. Lee Fowler however, was the midfielder with the most talent who played for Wrexham at this standard. This is the considered opinion of seasoned players who played with him during his time in non-league. Unfortunately, Fowler needed the Fleetwood money on account of his off-field problems at that time. Not sure about these three free agents who are currently very short of match competition. Remember Ian Rush at Wrexham, a time which didn't really work out for him.

Iesty 19th November 2020 11.36:00

[url]https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=191&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show[/url]

theres some more Welshies

Corner Flag 19th November 2020 11.54:03

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2410048]If? Its the most nailed on sacking in the football world. He's a dead man walking and from what I've heard he knows it too.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% and the sooner the better .I expect he knows he is on the way out and wont be allowed to be here in January so we can recruit proper players.

Gaz Wxm 19th November 2020 11.56:24

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2410042]I think if Keates does eventually get the heave-ho, we shouldn't be looking at 'big name' managerial appointments as that isn't what is needed at this level. A manager with knowledge of the lower leagues is much more likely.
I would be looking at the likes of John Coleman, The Cowleys, Garrad etc...[/QUOTE]

I don't see the the fascination with the Cowleys their style of play is hoof ball using thugs which is no better than Keats having a defensive team who try to steal a goal.

short_gog 19th November 2020 12.00:28

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2410073]I don't see the the fascination with the Cowleys their style of play is hoof ball using thugs which is no better than Keats having a defensive team who try to steal a goal.[/QUOTE]

Its better in the fact it worked..... can we have that to get back to the leagues then refine the football ?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 19th November 2020 12.06:01

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2410048]If? Its the most nailed on sacking in the football world. He's a dead man walking and from what I've heard he knows it too.[/QUOTE]

Say's a lot about him as I've heard this too, happy getting his pay off.

A lazy appointment once again by Mr Chairman.

My moneys on Graham Alexander being the next man in charge.

KT12 Exile 19th November 2020 12.28:33

[QUOTE=short_gog;2410076]Its better in the fact it worked..... can we have that to get back to the leagues then refine the football ?[/QUOTE]

This. Don't care what the footballs like that gets us out of the National League. If it gets us back to the football league it's successful. If we're winning each week no-one will care about style of play anyway. Can't quite believe someone needed the difference between Danny Cowley and Dean Keates spelling out to them!

Once we're back in the league, we can refocus on different priorities, which should include playing good football. Longer term, it should attract new people to the Racecourse and then just as importantly; it should keep them there.

BuckleyDerbyRob 19th November 2020 12.31:18

Just seen a headline about Pep signing a new two year deal:eek: Fortunately it was Guardiola...

willyheckerslike 19th November 2020 13.26:47

[QUOTE=redone;2410045]yep hes mustard:hiding:[/QUOTE]

He would be my choice for sure.

Gaz Wxm 19th November 2020 13.42:24

[QUOTE=short_gog;2410076]Its better in the fact it worked..... can we have that to get back to the leagues then refine the football ?[/QUOTE]

worked once.... like it did with Mills

KT12 Exile 19th November 2020 13.58:39

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2410124]worked once.... like it did with Mills[/QUOTE]

A. That's one more than Keates
B. He's won 3 promotions in his career to date, two of which were in non-league and one from L2 to L1.
C. He reached the FA Cup quarter finals with a non-league team

Style of play isn't great, agreed. But the comparison with Keates isn't remotely viable as he's been very successful!

Quay Red 19th November 2020 14.06:16

[QUOTE=KT12 Exile;2410132]A. That's one more than Keates
B. He's won 3 promotions in his career to date, two of which were in non-league and one from L2 to L1.
C. He reached the FA Cup quarter finals with a non-league team

Style of play isn't great, agreed. But the comparison with Keates isn't remotely viable as he's been very successful![/QUOTE]

Challinor might be on dodgy ground at the Monkey Hangers and it seems that not all is well behind the scenes up there.

mitchelltown 19th November 2020 14.15:46

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2410136]Challinor might be on dodgy ground at the Monkey Hangers and it seems that not all is well behind the scenes up there.[/QUOTE]

I listened to the match on Radio Tees. The commentators were not impressed by the way Challinor was handling things.

billybersham 19th November 2020 14.16:10

[QUOTE=Iesty;2410057][url]https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=191&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show[/url]

theres some more Welshies[/QUOTE]

Last time we went welsh we got relegated out of the football league

Aussie_Red 20th November 2020 04.50:24

[QUOTE=billybersham;2410138]Last time we went welsh we got relegated out of the football league[/QUOTE]
And now we’ve got very few Cymro we’re almost down to div 6.
What’s your point, apart from a great example of a false cause fallacy?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.43:40.