RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Another take on the R&R purchase (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116609-another-take-r-r-purchase.html)

Canadian Dragon 18th November 2020 22.46:55

Another take on the R&R purchase

[url]https://nationalpost.com/opinion/colby-cosh-ryan-reynolds-risky-football-gambit[/url]

Mr Wonderful 18th November 2020 23.09:16

Re: Another take on the R&R purchase

We’ve all got a bit of lingering doubt, which is good but make no mistake, we are ready to ride the rainbow pony to poontang land or were heading to Valhalla . . . . Yee haw!

howardrd 18th November 2020 23.19:39

An interesting read highlighting the different perspectives betwee how sporting success is judged in north America. We have to accept that some of their ideas will work, and some wont. Either way let's strap ourselves infor the ride. It certainly won't be dull.

Canadian Dragon 18th November 2020 23.20:55

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2409941]We’ve all got a bit of lingering doubt, which is good but make no mistake, we are ready to ride the rainbow pony to poontang land or were heading to Valhalla . . . . Yee haw![/QUOTE]

I agree about the lingering doubt and I don’t think they will be around after four or five years, but I do believe they are honourable individuals and will not leave us in the lurch, even if the experiment is not as successful as they wish.

Inside Left 18th November 2020 23.23:38

I think writer Cosh must have had a glass of bitter lemon juice before he drafted that.

davewilli 18th November 2020 23.27:29

[QUOTE=Canadian Dragon;2409939][url]https://nationalpost.com/opinion/colby-cosh-ryan-reynolds-risky-football-gambit[/url][/QUOTE]

An interesting perspective, but R & R appear to have ultimate respect for the club, fans and what the club means to the fans and community. All parties appear to have done the ground work, appreciating how massive this takeover potentially is and hopefully how the relationship between R & R and the fans can continue to grow with everyone as winners.

red under the bed 18th November 2020 23.43:53

Well researched and some factual points. Though I think the angle is also about whether it makes money and whether fans will tolerate lack of success or certain behaviours.

Tan is still at Cardiff and shrewd with it. They spend within a budget and occasionally splash out...If they get back into premiership they make it all back..

Didn't R&R state within 5 years to get back in football league. That sounds measured and putting in x amount ,could be recovered through marketing etc. There is nothing to lose i would hope,it's a challenge which I'm sure spurs them on as much as using the club as some sort of cash cow. It's a great platform for the club and you sense they are really keen on developing.

Aussie_Red 19th November 2020 02.38:17

“Welsh expatriates are probably more likely to be breaking their own faces on a rugby pitch than obsessing over a soccer club from back home.”

Yet again, Gogs stereotyped as rugby mad Taffs.
One hope I have of all this attention worldwide is for people to finally understand that not every Cymro or Cymraes comes from the valleys.
As an expat Gog, I am sick of people assuming I’m a Taff. Football Wrexham, Football Wales, rugby Wales in that order.

Foxy 19th November 2020 09.13:06

Generally a very well written article, though some wayward observations, especially where they say that Wrexham might become the natural club for people in Cheshire.

Bagger Vance 19th November 2020 09.23:16

WST on taking over asked a disabled single mum for £400
R&R on taking over paid for a disabled fans £6k bath

I'm happy to judge on actions and its a very promising start

short_gog 19th November 2020 10.48:10

[QUOTE=Aussie_Red;2409963]“Welsh expatriates are probably more likely to be breaking their own faces on a rugby pitch than obsessing over a soccer club from back home.”

Yet again, Gogs stereotyped as rugby mad Taffs.
One hope I have of all this attention worldwide is for people to finally understand that not every Cymro or Cymraes comes from the valleys.
As an expat Gog, I am sick of people assuming I’m a Taff. Football Wrexham, Football Wales, rugby Wales in that order.[/QUOTE]

As a Gog living in south Wales, 99% of the time its football Liverpool/Manu /Cardiff/Swansea/newport/ football Wales, rugby Wales in that order, the 1% being international rugby days - which is simply an excuse for a pissup and has nowt to do with rugby for most people, rugby being our "national sport" is a complete farce !

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.59:36.