RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Christmas Raffle (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116613-christmas-raffle.html)

jacthelad 19th November 2020 19.32:25

[QUOTE=KM Red;2410185]Raises an interesting question, what exactly is 'we'. Football clubs were originally people banding together to play and watch football and they were all members clubs. At the higher levels many became Limited Companies and moved away from the original ethos and purpose. Community and place originally mattered but got lost as more money came into the game.

So are we now just customers of a business ? Bit like going to a theatre or a pub ?

Why form the strong emotional attachment supporters have to a Limited Company or LLP ?

Club is now surely a misnomer for most modern day football clubs ?[/QUOTE]

Get a new hobby for gods sake mate. Most people have never felt more detached from this club than they have in thenlast few years. Bring on never having to vote on amy bollocks ever again and enjoying my football team
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

-luke 19th November 2020 19.35:55

Re: Christmas Raffle

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2410199]Will the profits be going to the club or WST?[/QUOTE]

This is a somewhat alarming question which demonstrates a real lack of understanding amongst fans of how the club has been structured and what the transfer of ownership means... Its not a dig at you even though I'm aware that's how my opening sentence sounds.

The obvious answer is that money goes into the club. People understand that once transfer of ownership fully completes, the WST will have no input other than potentially a seat on the board to represent the Memberships views? No power or influence as such.

Any money the WST wishes to accumulate going forward will be done off their own back, and how they allocate that money will be up to them.

I think this is interesting in terms of WST assets retaining the lease. So if you think about it, the WST does not represent the voice of all fans. It represents about an 8th of the usual 4000 attending supporters. That's based on a guess that close to 500 wst members generally supported its goals... About 400 members were willing to oppose and the rest of the membership joined for cheap season tickets rather than to vote or influence the direction of the club. If the WST decides they are unhappy with what RR are doing at any point, while I'm sure there would be legal costs to absorb could essentially terminate the WAFC lease I think. Meaning no access to the ground essentially cutting them off at the knees because they have agreed as part of the sale to play within a fixed difference of the racecourse/wrexham. That power could be a good thing in case of misadventure, leaving them with a worthless asset or could be bad depending on who takes over the running of the day to day leadership of the WST.

I'm sure someone could tell me legally why all I just said is bullshit and wouldn't hold up legally. But a WST potentially run by some it's former extremely pro trust antagonist worries me if totally honest. Out of all of them, Spencer has really shown his willingness to best represent all of the fanbase. This sale might not have gone through with different members and agendas at the top table.

Tl;dr

Money goes to club
WST powerless post transfer of ownership... Or are they?

Freddy Salted 19th November 2020 20.17:36

Plus the WST will be making £15k a year profit on the lease.

Jaded 19th November 2020 20.40:11

[QUOTE=-luke;2410216]

The obvious answer is that money goes into the club. [/QUOTE]

Why is it obvious? For me, if the WST run a raffle, the logical thing would be that they get the money? Am I missing something?

-luke 19th November 2020 20.56:12

[QUOTE=Jaded;2410234]Why is it obvious? For me, if the WST run a raffle, the logical thing would be that they get the money? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Shit...

Posted this thinking it was on a thread about general profits...im a tool. Sorry.

Yeah profits from raffle presumably go to WST if they run the raffle can't see why they wouldn't

moynkeepthefaith 20th November 2020 07.23:19

The profits from any Raffle must go to charity. I am going to have hard time selling tickets this year for a club that just got two sugar daddies with a net worth of > $100 million.

Cenotaff 20th November 2020 07.56:47

Next year's raffle will have prizes like a Tesla, beachside mansion and 2 weeks stay in Paddy's Pub. Bring it on.

-luke 20th November 2020 09.36:43

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2410284]The profits from any Raffle must go to charity. I am going to have hard time selling tickets this year for a club that just got two sugar daddies with a net worth of > $100 million.[/QUOTE]

That's an interesting point. And will deter some, assuming WST do the raffle though I guess people should be able to separate the entities.

Also not much time to organise now anyway... Aren't tickets normally out by now?

Inside Left 20th November 2020 23.48:23

The raffle is usually discussed October ish in the minutes but there seems to have been no discussion this year.

If there is no raffle this year perhaps the WST board could communicate with the membership. The least one can have is a yes or no. and maybe the thinking behind any decision.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.52:48.