RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Christmas Raffle (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116613-christmas-raffle.html)

Inside Left 19th November 2020 11.32:25

Christmas Raffle

Any one know if the Trust Board will be running a Christmas Raffle this year? If so what would the funds be going towards? Or is it now deemed to be not needed.

I hadn't read of any plans pre the vote

thoughts?

wafc1926 19th November 2020 11.34:53

Re: Christmas Raffle

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2410052]Any one know if the Trust Board will be running a Christmas Raffle this year? If so what would the funds be going towards? Or is it now deemed to be not needed.

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Run it and donate proceeds to DSA.

redavid 19th November 2020 11.40:39

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2410052]Any one know if the Trust Board will be running a Christmas Raffle this year? If so what would the funds be going towards? Or is it now deemed to be not needed.

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

what involvement is the trust going to have once this take over happens ? if any

Corner Flag 19th November 2020 11.47:54

[QUOTE=redavid;2410061]what involvement is the trust going to have once this take over happens ? if any[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what will happen to the cash in the bank post takeover ? I for one never want to see WST trying to run our club again and if the residual funds are being kept to possibly buy the club back one day it's a very big no from me .

Inside Left 19th November 2020 11.48:13

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2410056]Run it and donate proceeds to DSA.[/QUOTE]

What a good idea. Perhaps the WST board are planning something like that.

-luke 19th November 2020 12.30:42

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2410056]Run it and donate proceeds to DSA.[/QUOTE]

Given the board persist in freezing out the DSA it seems, I doubt it is likely.

Rob Edwards 19th November 2020 13.00:00

Given to the extent it has been underfunded and hindered sponsorship wise,having all proceeds go the COE would be a very good idea More parents than ever will be struggling to pay subs. due to Covid and this money could be used to subsidise such cases.A properly funded COE could play a key role in the club's future.

Wrexham DSA 19th November 2020 13.03:03

At this point it would be better going to Kerry, the DLO than us as we have nothing to spend it on!

Dai83 19th November 2020 13.15:34

[QUOTE=Rob Edwards;2410105]Given to the extent it has been underfunded and hindered sponsorship wise,having all proceeds go the COE would be a very good idea More parents than ever will be struggling to pay subs. due to Covid and this money could be used to subsidise such cases.A properly funded COE could play a key role in the club's future.[/QUOTE]

I'd back this. I've heard a few stories of good young lads playing in the youth sides whose parents are not affluent and financially struggle to meet requirements. It would be nice to think we could support families and give youth players from all walks a helping hand.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.17:37.