Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th November 2020, 17.11:21   #11-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Inside Wrexham’s Hollywood Takeover

A great listen but I don't think Spencer should be anywhere near the new regime. Its time for a fresh start with new ideas!
Old 20th November 2020, 17.24:32   #12-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Most certainly he does. He has been called from hill to burn on here over the years but you can't knock his enthusiasm for the club and his professional approach to running the business of Wrexham FC. I remember sitting in the audience at the William Aston Hall just before the trust took over and hearing him saying that they intended to always run it as a business.
We have not had success on the field but off it the model has worked in the best way it could and until Covid came along that looked likely to continue. As I have said before, the bottom line has always been the continuance of Wrexham FC . Spencer Harris has played a big part in making sure that has happened .
what a crock of shi.................
Old 20th November 2020, 17.27:20   #13-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

That was a really enjoyable listen.

He's taken a fair amount of stick these last few years ( some warranted, some not) but I think he deserves an awful lot of credit for the way he has handled both the deal and himself during this takeover.

I'd be amazed if he's not asked to stay on in some capacity.
Old 20th November 2020, 18.47:48   #14-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post

I'd be amazed if he's not asked to stay on in some capacity.
He could be Wrexham’s “Cricket” character from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!
Old 20th November 2020, 19.35:51   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Behind You.

Hasn’t he done what he was tasked to do. Basically keep the club competitive (admittedly dropped off last few seasons), debt free & therefore attractive to outside investors.
No one agrees with everything he did but it was the same with Churchill - at the end of the day he got the job done, like him or loath him.
Now, the future beckons.......
Old 20th November 2020, 20.08:22   #16-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Most certainly he does. He has been called from hill to burn on here over the years but you can't knock his enthusiasm for the club and his professional approach to running the business of Wrexham FC. I remember sitting in the audience at the William Aston Hall just before the trust took over and hearing him saying that they intended to always run it as a business.
We have not had success on the field but off it the model has worked in the best way it could and until Covid came along that looked likely to continue. As I have said before, the bottom line has always been the continuance of Wrexham FC . Spencer Harris has played a big part in making sure that has happened .
I agree with that. We all are very frustrated about the football side of things. However the fact we are debt free (which seems to be one of the attractions to R and R) is an achievement and should be recognised.
Old 20th November 2020, 21.46:12   #17-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Debt free but wasted 2 milion quid ,hopefully the next 2 million is spent more wisely by a proper ceo instead of the joke set up we have had to endure for years.
Old 20th November 2020, 22.18:49   #18-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
indeed
+1
Old 21st November 2020, 09.00:00   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

I listened to the whole interview and thoroughly enjoyed it

I've been one of Spencer's biggest critics and IMHO with good cause but he comes across really well here.

What is apparent is how much he loves the club. He knows it inside out and is proud of its history.

However, what is also apparent is that he's completely out of his depth running a football club.

He doesn't have the knowledge or experience and that has showed in the decision making.I'm not disputing his effort and I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing but there's a reason it's gone wrong.

The other thing he lacks is time. Being a full time HR manager at a factory does not dovetail with being Chairman of a football club. Our HR manager works 11 hours a day and I know how stressful that job is so to run a football club as well is not possible and it shows. Something has to give.

Moving forward I can see Spencer wanting to be involved somewhere in the new regime and in a way I'm finding it hard to begrudge him that but another part of me wants him slung out on his ear for the mess he's made !

I see R&R wanting him on board somewhere for his local knowledge but pleeeeease keep him away from the operational side if the club.He had his chance and royally screwed it up.

I think R&R will want all of the key positions to be full time so he wil be relegated to a minor role

WST Chairman....... no problem.
Old 21st November 2020, 10.31:08   #20-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

What happened to the South Walian guy who attended a wst meeting and was very keen to get involved in the running of the club? He travelled to Wrexham and back to South Wales on the very same night.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.11:47.