RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Inside Wrexham’s Hollywood Takeover (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116620-inside-wrexham%92s-hollywood-takeover.html)

Wiltshire_Red 20th November 2020 12.14:42

Inside Wrexham’s Hollywood Takeover

A good listen Mark Chapman speaking to Spencer

[url]https://youtu.be/kFy-4j8PJVw[/url]

Hightown Brymbo Red 20th November 2020 13.08:49

Re: Inside Wrexham’s Hollywood Takeover

[QUOTE=Wiltshire_Red;2410408]A good listen Mark Chapman speaking to Spencer

[url]https://youtu.be/kFy-4j8PJVw[/url][/QUOTE]

Fantastic listening exciting times for us.

redone 20th November 2020 13.11:28

thanks WR enjoyed that

kopitered 20th November 2020 13.32:49

Good listen that!

Dafgog 20th November 2020 13.58:47

Well done Spencer - exciting times

Red_not_Dead 20th November 2020 15.05:33

Thanks for posting WiltshireRed. Spencer Harris comes across very well on that.

the racecourse faithful 20th November 2020 15.30:48

I could see Spencer staying on as director of communications given the amount of media interest which will continue for some time. He can do that job quite well .

Just keep him away from the playing recruitment and coaching appointments!

It was a good listen though and Chappers cracking up at the concept of R&R plus the Rock and Hugh Jackman in the directors box is comedy gold.

-luke 20th November 2020 15.47:19

I didn't listen to all of this but Spencer has finally started to master the art of the interview. It was a pretty good listen but didn't have time to listen to it all.

fluffysheepsupporter 20th November 2020 15.51:48

[QUOTE=Red_not_Dead;2410468]Thanks for posting WiltshireRed. Spencer Harris comes across very well on that.[/QUOTE]

Most certainly he does. He has been called from hill to burn on here over the years but you can't knock his enthusiasm for the club and his professional approach to running the business of Wrexham FC. I remember sitting in the audience at the William Aston Hall just before the trust took over and hearing him saying that they intended to always run it as a business.
We have not had success on the field but off it the model has worked in the best way it could and until Covid came along that looked likely to continue. As I have said before, the bottom line has always been the continuance of Wrexham FC . Spencer Harris has played a big part in making sure that has happened .

davewilli 20th November 2020 16.04:11

[QUOTE=Dafgog;2410442]Well done Spencer - exciting times[/QUOTE]

Indeed

sexyfootball1 20th November 2020 16.11:21

A great listen but I don't think Spencer should be anywhere near the new regime. Its time for a fresh start with new ideas!

Fieldman 20th November 2020 16.24:32

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2410485]Most certainly he does. He has been called from hill to burn on here over the years but you can't knock his enthusiasm for the club and his professional approach to running the business of Wrexham FC. I remember sitting in the audience at the William Aston Hall just before the trust took over and hearing him saying that they intended to always run it as a business.
We have not had success on the field but off it the model has worked in the best way it could and until Covid came along that looked likely to continue. As I have said before, the bottom line has always been the continuance of Wrexham FC . Spencer Harris has played a big part in making sure that has happened .[/QUOTE]

what a crock of shi.................

sparky 20th November 2020 16.27:20

That was a really enjoyable listen.

He's taken a fair amount of stick these last few years ( some warranted, some not) but I think he deserves an awful lot of credit for the way he has handled both the deal and himself during this takeover.

I'd be amazed if he's not asked to stay on in some capacity.

Alan Attack 20th November 2020 17.47:48

[QUOTE=sparky;2410497]

I'd be amazed if he's not asked to stay on in some capacity.[/QUOTE]

He could be Wrexham’s “Cricket” character from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Mr Wonderful 20th November 2020 18.35:51

Hasn’t he done what he was tasked to do. Basically keep the club competitive (admittedly dropped off last few seasons), debt free & therefore attractive to outside investors.
No one agrees with everything he did but it was the same with Churchill - at the end of the day he got the job done, like him or loath him.
Now, the future beckons.......

Bigmike 20th November 2020 19.08:22

[QUOTE=fluffysheepsupporter;2410485]Most certainly he does. He has been called from hill to burn on here over the years but you can't knock his enthusiasm for the club and his professional approach to running the business of Wrexham FC. I remember sitting in the audience at the William Aston Hall just before the trust took over and hearing him saying that they intended to always run it as a business.
We have not had success on the field but off it the model has worked in the best way it could and until Covid came along that looked likely to continue. As I have said before, the bottom line has always been the continuance of Wrexham FC . Spencer Harris has played a big part in making sure that has happened .[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. We all are very frustrated about the football side of things. However the fact we are debt free (which seems to be one of the attractions to R and R) is an achievement and should be recognised.

chef1 20th November 2020 20.46:12

Debt free but wasted 2 milion quid ,hopefully the next 2 million is spent more wisely by a proper ceo instead of the joke set up we have had to endure for years.

jonesy 20th November 2020 21.18:49

[quote=davewilli;2410490]indeed[/quote]

+1

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 08.00:00

I listened to the whole interview and thoroughly enjoyed it

I've been one of Spencer's biggest critics and IMHO with good cause but he comes across really well here.

What is apparent is how much he loves the club. He knows it inside out and is proud of its history.

However, what is also apparent is that he's completely out of his depth running a football club.

He doesn't have the knowledge or experience and that has showed in the decision making.I'm not disputing his effort and I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing but there's a reason it's gone wrong.

The other thing he lacks is time. Being a full time HR manager at a factory does not dovetail with being Chairman of a football club. Our HR manager works 11 hours a day and I know how stressful that job is so to run a football club as well is not possible and it shows. Something has to give.

Moving forward I can see Spencer wanting to be involved somewhere in the new regime and in a way I'm finding it hard to begrudge him that but another part of me wants him slung out on his ear for the mess he's made !

I see R&R wanting him on board somewhere for his local knowledge but pleeeeease keep him away from the operational side if the club.He had his chance and royally screwed it up.

I think R&R will want all of the key positions to be full time so he wil be relegated to a minor role

WST Chairman....... no problem.

wellred 21st November 2020 09.31:08

What happened to the South Walian guy who attended a wst meeting and was very keen to get involved in the running of the club? He travelled to Wrexham and back to South Wales on the very same night.

andy buckley 21st November 2020 10.06:21

[QUOTE=wellred;2410627]What happened to the South Walian guy who attended a wst meeting and was very keen to get involved in the running of the club? He travelled to Wrexham and back to South Wales on the very same night.[/QUOTE]

He also said he was going to stand in the wst elections but didn't bother.

dixienormous 21st November 2020 10.10:27

[QUOTE=andy buckley;2410639]He also said he was going to stand in the wst elections but didn't bother.[/QUOTE]

I was at the WST meeting when he came, it was all about him and he had a dodgy pair of loafers on, glad he didn't bother.

Funny_Old_Game 23rd November 2020 12.53:12

[QUOTE=sparky;2410497]That was a really enjoyable listen.

He's taken a fair amount of stick these last few years ( some warranted, some not) but I think he deserves an awful lot of credit for the way he has handled both the deal and himself during this takeover.

I'd be amazed if he's not asked to stay on in some capacity.[/QUOTE]

The deal would have easily been messed up with some of the other fools knocking around the WST I would imagine, they wouldn’t have been able to keep quiet about it and we’d have come across as very small time. He is obviously the most professional person on the board and has obviously been able to conduct the talks properly.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.50:13.