RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116621-robbie-savage-mark-hughes-dean-saunders.html)

Prodigal Dragon 21st November 2020 06.41:48

Re: Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2410571]Absolutely - proven record end of story. We have tried the old drunk and the young punk now it’s time for slam dunk with the Cowley’s.[/QUOTE]

Poetry in motion!

redavid 21st November 2020 07.22:43

Savage is no Manager , Hughes Nah , failed every job he had despite the money , Saunders would have got us promoted had he stayed , but needs spending money , although he did make us money to , cant understand the fanatics for Cowley`s , they got Lincoln out of our league but higher up they were limited . imo

Dougie Davies 21st November 2020 07.35:55

[QUOTE=crazywelsh;2410574]Saunders built the best team we have had in the national league, his sell on fees saved us too, allowed the WST to piss about with 1.3 million I believe and the Taylor money 500k apparently. Obeng also.

Left the club due to village idiots who couldn’t even send an email to the right person, then they continued with that lack of unprofessionalism for 8 years.[/QUOTE]

Hold on. Saunders signed that many different players it nearly bankrupted the club. He jumped ship to a higher league where all he got on his Cv was relegation.
The money we got off those sell on clauses added towards clearing the debts.
Now I know some of you love throwing venom towards the WST but don't try and turn the Saunders era into some sort of fairy tale that it wasn't.

Back to the OP. Hughes struggled with billions of pounds at Man City. His negative tactics ruined Wales' play off chances vs Russia and to be honest he's just a crap manager.
Savage isn't a manager. He's now involved with Mac anyway.

We need to look at someone with a track history of Conference/League 2/League 1 who knows the football league and knows promotion. None of the people OP mentions fills that criteria

Royal welsh red 21st November 2020 07.44:59

[QUOTE=redavid;2410586]Savage is no Manager , Hughes Nah , failed every job he had despite the money , Saunders would have got us promoted had he stayed , but needs spending money , although he did make us money to , cant understand the fanatics for Cowley`s , they got Lincoln out of our league but higher up they were limited . imo[/QUOTE]

Promoted out of our league, promoted from league 2, in and around the play offs of league 1 before leaving for Huddersfield and keeping them in the championship. Oh, and an fa cup quarter final.

I’d take that to be honest.

Dai83 21st November 2020 07.46:32

I'd rather Dean Keates than Robbie Savage and I really don't like Keates.

Mr Wonderful 21st November 2020 07.51:57

No.
[SIZE="5"]No
And [SIZE="7"]No.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 08.10:11

[QUOTE=jonesy;2410555]They're all heroes to me.

I wouldn't have Savage or Hughes as a manager without a natiional league advisor and Saunders has baggage (which makes good tv) but if he'd stayed put I'm pretty sure he would have got us promoted..

Discuss..[/QUOTE]

Blimey, there were a few out on the strong stuff last night

wrexhamforever16 21st November 2020 08.46:16

[QUOTE=redavid;2410586]Savage is no Manager , Hughes Nah , failed every job he had despite the money , Saunders would have got us promoted had he stayed , but needs spending money , although he did make us money to , cant understand the fanatics for Cowley`s , they got Lincoln out of our league but higher up they were limited . imo[/QUOTE]

Limited? Are you for real? They did a bloody fine job at Braintree with no cash, went to Lincoln did well, ended up making there own cash for the club by getting to the quarter finals of fa cup. Two promotions to league 1, in and around play offs in league 1 & left for a side they realistically they shouldn’t have as Huddersfield was & still is a bit of a basket club. The Cowley Brothers are very good managers and are highly rated by anyone who’s played for them or coached alongside them. Sadly they are likely to still be out of our reach even with the money, but that’s the best about that we could hope to get here

moynkeepthefaith 21st November 2020 08.46:29

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2410578]Poetry in motion![/QUOTE]

Influence of purple moose :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.05:54.