RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116621-robbie-savage-mark-hughes-dean-saunders.html)

exiledwrexham 21st November 2020 10.59:12

Re: Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders

[QUOTE=Silvo;2410567]Liked Hughes as a player but as a manager the Premier Leagues version of Dean Keates.
Savage is involved with Macc now and has no managerial experience.
Saunders.... No thank you! Should be looking at getting in the Cowley brothers if possible but that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Agree

Vorporix 21st November 2020 11.43:11

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2410593]No.
[SIZE="5"]No
And [SIZE="7"]No.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

This, this and this!!

harrypothead 21st November 2020 12.23:40

Just going to throw this name out there, as I know he did a great job at our level, is always professional about how he sets up his teams regarding training etc. And would tick a lot of boxes for the documentary. He is at a club now that is struggling financially, and he is someone I'd be happy with here. That person is Sol Campbell.

There are also other ex premier league players that would be good for the documentary, with Robbie Fowler being one of them. If Peter Moore comes in the Fowler would be a possibility. The Cowleys have done well with Lincoln yes, but are they big names that would intrest the general public to tune in and watch ot on the tv. With a big name like Campbell or Fowler, people from all over the world would be interested in tuning in and seing how they do.

Cowleys would be best for footballing reasons but to put us out there and to get people interested in us we will need a big name, and someone who played at the very top.

Sir Crispin Lane 21st November 2020 15.55:25

For me I’d love Darren Ferguson back .
Pros - knows the club
Successful lower league manager with 2 promotions already with peterboro
Good connections in the game
Media savvy; Good everytime I’ve seen him interviewed on TV and in print.

Cons - managing a club 2 leagues higher and looking to get back in the championship with Peterborough.

Maybe a few years down the line if or hopefully when we are back in the league.

Liverpool Red 21st November 2020 16.54:51

Thank god it’s not fans that will be appointing the next manager. It is okay to appoint a manager who is not an ex player or a celebrity.

Number6 21st November 2020 16.58:49

None of the above, fresh thinking required

MJ6987 21st November 2020 17.48:26

Do you think that “entertainment value” will come into the decision? For the documentary?

Outertowner 21st November 2020 18.17:02

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2410648]Robbie Savage, thoroughly good bloke, average footballer, wanted to become a 'character' then a celebrity and did so!
Mark Hughes, very good striker, hotheaded at times, variable club managerial success despite being well-backed by wealthy owners, tactically found wanting, past his sell buy date at higher level, no non-league experience.
Dean Saunders, good footballer, fully backed by Geoff Moss, nearly got us into the EFL, did OK at Doncaster then downward spiral after mistakenly appointed by the wealthy Steve Morgan who tried to dabble in football club ownership! Blew his radio opportunities through his own arrogance and foolishness![/QUOTE]

Probably the most balanced post on this thread.
In summary non of these should be Wrexham’s future manager. I don’t know what the obsession is of getting someone that has an affiliation with Wrexham. Someone with no previous with Wrexham would be preferable.

pricey 21st November 2020 18.20:59

[QUOTE=Number6;2411039]None of the above, fresh thinking required[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Primary qualification: does not know the area!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.34:40.