RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116621-robbie-savage-mark-hughes-dean-saunders.html)

jonesy 20th November 2020 22.48:01

Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders

They're all heroes to me.

I wouldn't have Savage or Hughes as a manager without a natiional league advisor and Saunders has baggage (which makes good tv) but if he'd stayed put I'm pretty sure he would have got us promoted..

Discuss..

louisleftboot 20th November 2020 23.34:38

Re: Robbie Savage, Mark Hughes and Dean Saunders

Had a pint have we?

Inside Left 20th November 2020 23.44:47

[QUOTE=jonesy;2410555]They're all heroes to me.

I wouldn't have Savage or Hughes as a manager without a natiional league advisor and Saunders has baggage (which makes good tv) but if he'd stayed put I'm pretty sure he would have got us promoted..

Discuss..[/QUOTE]

The club couldn't afford the salary that the previous regime paid him. It would have killed the club. Previous owners extravagance I am afraid.

crazywelsh 21st November 2020 00.58:09

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2410560]The club couldn't afford the salary that the previous regime paid him. It would have killed the club. Previous owners extravagance I am afraid.[/QUOTE]

We could of had anyone with the 1.8 million we pissed up the wall.

A cheap option cost us more than an expensive one in the end, as we ended up paying for 3 separate management changes and the poor players.

You call it extravagant, others call it a proper manager.

John Neals Dynasty 21st November 2020 01.02:34

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2410560]The club couldn't afford the salary that the previous regime paid him. It would have killed the club. Previous owners extravagance I am afraid.[/QUOTE]

It's like all things in life you get what you pay for.

Buy cheap and it usually ends up costing more to replace than paying a little bit more for better quality.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Silvo 21st November 2020 01.21:23

Liked Hughes as a player but as a manager the Premier Leagues version of Dean Keates.
Savage is involved with Macc now and has no managerial experience.
Saunders.... No thank you! Should be looking at getting in the Cowley brothers if possible but that's just my opinion.

moynkeepthefaith 21st November 2020 03.17:59

[QUOTE=Silvo;2410567]Liked Hughes as a player but as a manager the Premier Leagues version of Dean Keates.
Saunders.... No thank you! Should be looking at getting in the Cowley brothers if possible but that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely - proven record end of story. We have tried the old drunk and the young punk now it’s time for slam dunk with the Cowley’s.

crazywelsh 21st November 2020 06.29:05

[QUOTE=Silvo;2410567]Liked Hughes as a player but as a manager the Premier Leagues version of Dean Keates.
Saunders.... No thank you! Should be looking at getting in the Cowley brothers if possible but that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Saunders built the best team we have had in the national league, his sell on fees saved us too, allowed the WST to piss about with 1.3 million I believe and the Taylor money 500k apparently. Obeng also.

Left the club due to village idiots who couldn’t even send an email to the right person, then they continued with that lack of unprofessionalism for 8 years.

louisleftboot 21st November 2020 07.35:54

Wouldn’t want any of them near the club now. Why are we so obsessed with these people?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.19:10.