RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Safe standing Kop (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116624-safe-standing-kop.html)

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 15.39:27

Re: Safe standing Kop

[QUOTE=dagg;2410738]I think with safe standing, it is the same amount of people as sitting down.
They just lock the seats in a up position.[/QUOTE]

What's the point then ? Needs to be all seated for internationals and the whole idea is to get them back up to North Wales so forget safe standing

The days of 13,000 on the Kop (as brilliant as it was back in the day) are long gone

Colonel D 21st November 2020 15.55:28

Why get so hung up on Internationals by the time South Wales have their share we may get one full International and an under 21.
Concentrate on packing them in for our matches.

Outertowner 21st November 2020 17.55:26

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2410820]What's the point then ? Needs to be all seated for internationals and the whole idea is to get them back up to North Wales so forget safe standing

The days of 13,000 on the Kop (as brilliant as it was back in the day) are long gone[/QUOTE]

The seats can be locked down to satisfy international and then locked up for domestic. Also on the point of capacity, at the moment it is one person per seat, so no difference but this is a trial period. Once they realise it’s safe, and they will, it can safely be increased to 1.8 people per seat. I think borussia Dortmund have up to 2 people per seat.
With three sides being all seated I think we should be on the forefront and put safe standing behind the kop. It’s the way it will all go anyway.

eastsussex 21st November 2020 18.01:17

[QUOTE=Outertowner;2411037]The seats can be locked down to satisfy international and then locked up for domestic. Also on the point of capacity, at the moment it is one person per seat, so no difference but this is a trial period. Once they realise it’s safe, and they will, it can safely be increased to 1.8 people per seat. I think borussia Dortmund have up to 2 people per seat.
With three sides being all seated I think we should be on the forefront and put safe standing behind the kop. It’s the way it will all go anyway.[/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray:

petered 21st November 2020 22.35:44

Dont really get the safe standing issue. 100+ years
of standing at The Racecourse and no problems.

Sir Crispin Lane 21st November 2020 23.14:47

[QUOTE=petered;2411115]Dont really get the safe standing issue. 100+ years
of standing at The Racecourse and no problems.[/QUOTE]

I can remember the kop being a little over subscribed for the FA cup reply V West Ham in 1992 which resulted in a few kids being helped out of the kop at the front and taken to the side out of the way but apart from that yes it was rarely tested , Wales apart , since the late 70’s.

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 23.26:25

[QUOTE=Sir Crispin Lane;2411119]I can remember the kop being a little over subscribed for the FA cup reply V West Ham in 1992 which resulted in a few kids being helped out of the kop at the front and taken to the side out of the way but apart from that yes it was rarely tested , Wales apart , since the late 70’s.[/QUOTE]

I was on the Kop that night against West Ham. Wow was it packed. Sardines hardly covered it. If you get the footage on YouTube it really looks awesome.

Almost 18,000 in pretty much just 3 sides of the ground and West Ham only had about 1,500 in the GUS so 16,500 Wrexham fans in The Yale and The Kop. I do remember kids at the front of the Kop being passed over to avoid them getting crushed.

petered 22nd November 2020 08.36:43

[QUOTE=Sir Crispin Lane;2411119]I can remember the kop being a little over subscribed for the FA cup reply V West Ham in 1992 which resulted in a few kids being helped out of the kop at the front and taken to the side out of the way but apart from that yes it was rarely tested , Wales apart , since the late 70’s.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,I remeber that too. Although I would say the amount of people being let in was down to the club and it was that which probably made it unsafe,not the actual standing.

BillEBadass 22nd November 2020 09.16:01

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2410852]Why get so hung up on Internationals by the time South Wales have their share we may get one full International and an under 21.
Concentrate on packing them in for our matches.[/QUOTE]

Take your point, but I'm sure we'd get games against say, Greenland or Vatican City. (Friendlies only)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.03:42.