Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd November 2020, 20.49:55   #101-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Good Win (Aldershot at home)

What about a new CEO bringing in his own man to 'work alongside' Keates and gradually move him out to a minor coaching role. I can't see R&R wanting to be associated with a sacking so early in their tenure.
Old 22nd November 2020, 20.51:45   #102-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Don't agree this league can be won this season we have the money spend wisely and it can be done but not with Keates as manager he won't be here January and whoever is in charge give him the tools and let him finish the job.
Old 22nd November 2020, 20.53:40   #103-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCobra View Post
I can see (hope) the £2M being used as part of a longer term football strategy rather than simply a one-time player budget for a manager, Keates or otherwise, to spend/gamble on the National League in Jan or next season.
You have to remember that the new owners have committed £2million for immediate use..That is not the end of their financial commitments.
We need to push on quickly the only question for me is who should spend the monies Keates or another manager?
Old 22nd November 2020, 21.04:13   #104-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

36 games to be played it's only the beginning of the season from January they should throw the cheque book at it and buy some quality,sack Keates get the Cowley's in and I can see league football on the horizon.
Old 22nd November 2020, 21.18:48   #105-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Lets see, i expect a bit spent on players but think the priority will be in turning us into a proper football operation ready to scale and with the knowledge how to actually spend the money wisely, e.g. CEO and backroom staff, football director, head of recruitment, analysts, scouts, performance, etc.
Old 22nd November 2020, 21.37:37   #106-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCobra View Post
Lets see, i expect a bit spent on players but think the priority will be in turning us into a proper football operation ready to scale and with the knowledge how to actually spend the money wisely, e.g. CEO and backroom staff, football director, head of recruitment, analysts, scouts, performance, etc.
It's sound judgement your giving there,but if you look at the quality of the teams in the national league this year, there's no standout team that's going to dominate. I think with the new found wealth we have give it a go, the league is there for the taking in my eyes.
Old 22nd November 2020, 22.15:20   #107-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Attitude View Post
What about a new CEO bringing in his own man to 'work alongside' Keates and gradually move him out to a minor coaching role. I can't see R&R wanting to be associated with a sacking so early in their tenure.
I don't understand this viewpoint. I know we've become incredibly soft under the WST but to get to where Rob and Ryan have its about making the right decisions and not about whether a few Wrexham fans think its harsh to sack an underachieving manager.

If they're that bothered about their image they just need to find a few fans to speak on camera and say how much they dislike Keates and edit that into the documentary. Theyll be setting the narrative with this documentary so they have free reign to do as they please
Old 22nd November 2020, 22.39:20   #108-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

a new ceo will have his own ideas about how the game should be played and the manager who can achieve it ,just a question of timing and how patient he will be
Old 22nd November 2020, 23.20:53   #109-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Not Set Click To Change

So in 3 or 4 weeks time the headlines (and they would be headlines) will be Hollywood stars sack Wrexham AFC manager?
I can't see it; the wider world doesn't know Dean Keates and how he's performed in the Manager's role and most won't care. All they will see is that R&R have quickly learned the football sack the manager game. I don't think that's the image these guys want to portray and that's why I think they'll move him gently aside.
Old 22nd November 2020, 23.54:02   #110-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Attitude View Post
So in 3 or 4 weeks time the headlines (and they would be headlines) will be Hollywood stars sack Wrexham AFC manager?
I can't see it; the wider world doesn't know Dean Keates and how he's performed in the Manager's role and most won't care. All they will see is that R&R have quickly learned the football sack the manager game. I don't think that's the image these guys want to portray and that's why I think they'll move him gently aside.
Alarm bells would be ringing if football club owners were too scared to sack a football manager. Its hardly going to shock anyone is it?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.21:28.