RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Good Win (Aldershot at home) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116629-good-win-aldershot-home.html)

Bad Attitude 22nd November 2020 22.20:53

Re: Good Win (Aldershot at home)

So in 3 or 4 weeks time the headlines (and they would be headlines) will be Hollywood stars sack Wrexham AFC manager?
I can't see it; the wider world doesn't know Dean Keates and how he's performed in the Manager's role and most won't care. All they will see is that R&R have quickly learned the football sack the manager game. I don't think that's the image these guys want to portray and that's why I think they'll move him gently aside.

northwalian dragon 22nd November 2020 22.54:02

[QUOTE=Bad Attitude;2411473]So in 3 or 4 weeks time the headlines (and they would be headlines) will be Hollywood stars sack Wrexham AFC manager?
I can't see it; the wider world doesn't know Dean Keates and how he's performed in the Manager's role and most won't care. All they will see is that R&R have quickly learned the football sack the manager game. I don't think that's the image these guys want to portray and that's why I think they'll move him gently aside.[/QUOTE]

Alarm bells would be ringing if football club owners were too scared to sack a football manager. Its hardly going to shock anyone is it?

GarryOggy 22nd November 2020 23.02:56

[QUOTE=Bad Attitude;2411473]So in 3 or 4 weeks time the headlines (and they would be headlines) will be Hollywood stars sack Wrexham AFC manager?
I can't see it; the wider world doesn't know Dean Keates and how he's performed in the Manager's role and most won't care. All they will see is that R&R have quickly learned the football sack the manager game. I don't think that's the image these guys want to portray and that's why I think they'll move him gently aside.[/QUOTE]

Hollywood stars play Scrooge and sack club legend for Christmas.

-luke 22nd November 2020 23.58:29

Seem to be forgetting that football is a fickle business and with the filming of the apparent documentary controlling the narrative of the decision and the emotions around this will be very easy to portray any image they want. The football World won't raise an eyebrow, and the global audience will side with whoever the editing process tells them to.

Jaded 23rd November 2020 00.26:41

[QUOTE=GarryOggy;2411475]Hollywood stars play Scrooge and sack club legend for Christmas.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Club legend? As a player he was very good, as a manager he’s staggeringly bad. I can think of few Christmas presents that would make me happier than seeing someone who wanted to play attacking football brought in.

Jaded 23rd November 2020 00.27:36

They’ll see a staggering amount of Wrexham fans congratulating them for getting rid of someone hopeless at his job.

moynkeepthefaith 23rd November 2020 05.35:58

The wider world doesn’t care about Dean Keates and nor should they. He will be in the pilot and by the time we reach season 2 he will be long forgotten.

Alan Attack 23rd November 2020 06.56:45

[QUOTE=Jaded;2411478]LOL. Club legend? As a player he was very good, as a manager he’s staggeringly bad. I can think of few Christmas presents that would make me happier than seeing someone who wanted to play attacking football brought in.[/QUOTE]

He left us when we were in 4th. Hardly staggeringly bad. It was achieved with 20 clean sheets and the football was pretty crummy but no one would have complained if we’d gone up.

By virtue of him leaving us with 9 games to go with us well set means I didn’t support his reappointment. I don’t care if Walsall is his home club and they were two divisions higher.

LlayDragon 23rd November 2020 07.22:19

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2411487]He left us when we were in 4th. Hardly staggeringly bad. It was achieved with 20 clean sheets and the football was pretty crummy but no one would have complained if we’d gone up.

By virtue of him leaving us with 9 games to go with us well set means I didn’t support his reappointment. I don’t care if Walsall is his home club and they were two divisions higher.[/QUOTE]

To be fair the wheels had come off a while before he left, which will have shaped his decision to bugger-off when he did.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.17:56.