Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st November 2020, 19.11:11   #61-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Thumbs up Re: Good Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Sorry but your happy to watch that shite its f-in awful and if the crowds where allowed in I wouldn't go.
I said we probably won the game for holding shape and working hard. The irony is the midfield probably won the game despite being by passed with endless long balls.It's very mediocre and no I don't like the style of play but of course i'm happy enough...it's a back to back win
This doesn't look a promotion side but it seems to be a poor league this season..Flair sides don't win this league mind...wide man ,strong striker and holding middle and backline do on past seasons
Old 21st November 2020, 19.25:06   #62-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Good Win

I'm in the camp of people who thought we played ok, yes we created very little but we did keep our shape well and I though the defence and midfield both performed well in general (Reckord was a little off at times).

Would a better team than Aldershot have beat us? Possibly, but I think people are overlooking the conditions, you could see the effect of the rain on the ball, it was barely moving along the ground at times in the second half.
Old 21st November 2020, 19.53:37   #63-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Good Win (Aldershot at home)

What annoyed me was three or four times we went to bring a sub on but didn’t. It was obvious Ponticelli wasn’t cutting it second half yet he didn’t get subbed till the 89th minute. Again Davies someone with attacking pace out wide not brought on when we were being pressed.

Said in the live thread it was an ugly win.
Old 21st November 2020, 20.05:20   #64-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS on the X half way

Quote:
Originally Posted by redone View Post
2 shots on goal
4 it's not much better I know, but if you want to criticise have your facts straight. Ponticelli, should have scored, durrell had a shot similar to the goal scored at Hartlepool but this time it went straight at the keeper, young free kick that the keeper tipped over and the goal. It's pointless saying a better team would have beaten us, they weren't and they didn't. Was it entertaining, no way, but it was 3 points, and ultimately that's what matters.
Old 21st November 2020, 20.14:03   #65-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

I have just read the comments on here tonight and I'm thinking are my expectations too high. My thoughts of the game from start to finish was, awful awful, wonder strike for the goal then awful awful awful.
I think a full-time footballer should be able to get a ball under control on his first touch and to have a passage of play of one-touch football. To play from the back is a very dangerous thought. But all said and done I'll take the three points.
Forget about the football if Keates carries on with the 1-0s he is going nowhere.
Old 21st November 2020, 20.15:56   #66-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Centre Yale Stand

Sutton at home on Tuesday night will be a better test of how far we have come.
Old 21st November 2020, 20.22:20   #67-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
The current players are not good enough to be anywhere near promotion.

We shall see what January brings. Hopefully half a dozen stars.
Posted via mobile theme
I would get a new manager in first before we get rid of some of the players. A new manager might get a bit more out of these players. It's been proved in the past, we move players on and they have done well elsewhere.
Old 21st November 2020, 20.43:48   #68-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg View Post
I would get a new manager in first before we get rid of some of the players. A new manager might get a bit more out of these players. It's been proved in the past, we move players on and they have done well elsewhere.
I'll take that risk with Ruthers and Thomas.

We have plenty of solid, average types but they should only be supporting cast in a promotion winning team, but for us they are the best we have. Young excepted.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st November 2020, 22.06:02   #69-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntobered View Post
4 it's not much better I know, but if you want to criticise have your facts straight. Ponticelli, should have scored, durrell had a shot similar to the goal scored at Hartlepool but this time it went straight at the keeper, young free kick that the keeper tipped over and the goal. It's pointless saying a better team would have beaten us, they weren't and they didn't. Was it entertaining, no way, but it was 3 points, and ultimately that's what matters.
Most sensible post on here tonight. Sums up my feelings entirely.
Old 21st November 2020, 22.25:04   #70-0 (permalink)
joe
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Keates setting up the next manager nicely for a promotion push in the New Year by keeping us within distance of the Top 7.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.02:04.