RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Good Win (Aldershot at home) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116629-good-win-aldershot-home.html)

Colonel D 21st November 2020 15.57:38

Good Win (Aldershot at home)

Well we ground it out but 3 points and another clean sheet

moynkeepthefaith 21st November 2020 15.59:36

Re: Good Win

On our way to being a ‘force’

wrexhamrob 21st November 2020 15.59:38

Keep winning 1-0 nervous but effective
Win 30 more games 1-0= promotion ����

WV1 21st November 2020 16.00:20

Every win counts.

Think there’s the basis of a decent team here, just need more quality in the attacking areas.

welshian 21st November 2020 16.01:14

Dont mind a few boring one nils now, as long as we are competing when the take over is signed Ill be happy. We can get rid of this useless manager and his band of idiots asap.

Liverpool Red 21st November 2020 16.01:23

Dreadful game to watch but a win nonetheless. No surprise our ‘goals for’ column is one of the worst in the division.

spuderz123 21st November 2020 16.01:49

Keates leaving us in a good position for the Cowley's to take over, fair play to him.

Luke Young is boss isn't he

ianmoir 21st November 2020 16.02:21

But only one point from a playoff place

Dai83 21st November 2020 16.02:53

Luke Young is head and shoulders above anything in this squad.

I've give Kwame some stick, but he played the target man role fairly well, where his partner Ponticelli continues to look very poor and should of been hooked after 50mins.

Stick around the play offs until Keates gets the boot is all I ask.

redone 21st November 2020 16.02:53

2 shots on goal

LlayDragon 21st November 2020 16.03:35

Pleased with the win.

Concerned that it's two on the bounce for Keates, given the circumstances.

He's living on wonder-strikes.

Brinster 21st November 2020 16.03:43

Unremarkable game in terms of the play witnessed but well worth the watch to see another peach of goal from Luke Young.

René Higuita 21st November 2020 16.04:11

we were shocking. literally awful. Aldershot were even worse.

marathonplny 21st November 2020 16.05:08

8 games and 8 goals scored
Says it all

But take the three points

Percy Sugden 21st November 2020 16.07:15

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2411007]we were shocking. literally awful. Aldershot were even worse.[/QUOTE]

I thought we played reasonably well up until the last third. We created very little and always wanted an extra touch. Midfield played well and the back four were reasonably solid.

You could call it a reasonable performance - the best we have seen this season.

davewilli 21st November 2020 16.08:38

Good win, never going to be much between these 2 teams, just about deserved it. The good news there is nothing between us, Stockport, Notts C and Solihull. Need to find some consistency now, 8 games in, Covid permitting.

-luke 21st November 2020 16.10:47

I don't care which manager and which players get us the points... At the end of the season we aren't going to be missing 2 or 3 points dropped against Aldershot who were better than they have been for a while. Yeah there were a lot of things which could have been better but I'll take a win wherever it comes.

People need to give their head a wobble though. So used to moaning, complaining and negativity it's like our default position. Cheer up.

Hightown Brymbo Red 21st November 2020 16.14:35

Excellent 3 points Performance was fairly typically keatesball. Lots of hope for the future particularly if we bring in 4 or 5 quality attacking players in January

krux 21st November 2020 16.15:50

Great to win, but we are a long way off troubling the top of the league at the end of the season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

noisy1 21st November 2020 16.16:46

Decent performance and deserved the win.
Durrell MOM but I thought Thomas did well too. Great strike from Luke Young, can he show Ponticelli how to hit a ball first time.

northwalian dragon 21st November 2020 16.16:51

Painful to watch and wonder strike aside we didn't look like scoring

Papering over the cracks

Liverpool Red 21st November 2020 16.18:33

[QUOTE=-luke;2411012]I don't care which manager and which players get us the points... At the end of the season we aren't going to be missing 2 or 3 points dropped against Aldershot who were better than they have been for a while. Yeah there were a lot of things which could have been better but I'll take a win wherever it comes.

People need to give their head a wobble though. So used to moaning, complaining and negativity it's like our default position. Cheer up.[/QUOTE]

Get real. That was dreadful entertainment. Any new fans we do acquire as a result of the takeover will be quickly lost if we set our standards as low as Keatesball. It’s great that we won but big changes are needed, including the acceptance of mediocrity the WST have made us accustomed to.

Corner Flag 21st November 2020 16.21:53

[QUOTE=WV1;2410997]Every win counts.

Think there’s the basis of a decent team here, just need more quality in the attacking areas.[/QUOTE]

Aldershot were poor for most of the game but we were better. Desperate for a proven 30 goals a season striker .

Inside Left 21st November 2020 16.22:00

Adam Virgo on BT and does he talk some garbage

fluffysheepsupporter 21st November 2020 16.24:20

Don't know about good win but a good shot to win it. There is nothing up front to suggest that they will score goals and come January I hope the new money goes in that area first. And then Jay Harris who is unfortunately now struggling to create any chances in the midfield .

davewilli 21st November 2020 16.26:33

I'm sure the performances will come if we can find some consistency. Back 4 looked far more assured in the last 3 games, even if having 2 in centre mid in the 442, allows the opposition players get the ball high up and get a run at us. Massive game Tuesday now.

-luke 21st November 2020 16.27:19

[QUOTE=Liverpool Red;2411017]Get real. That was dreadful entertainment. Any new fans we do acquire as a result of the takeover will be quickly lost if we set our standards as low as Keatesball. It’s great that we won but big changes are needed, including the acceptance of mediocrity the WST have made us accustomed to.[/QUOTE]

Not saying it was good... And I'm not saying we don't need to make changes. But we've been moaning at the WST for the duration now and nothing changed. Give the new owners a chance to get their feet under the desk as there isn't much they can do until the takeover is approved by the FA.

MJ6987 21st November 2020 16.30:30

Grinding out results without playing well is the stuff of champions. Keates is going nowhere!

WrexhamRhysInSwansea 21st November 2020 16.33:06

I'll take two scrappy 1-0s and 3 clean sheets in a row any day thanks.

Yes there's plenty to work on, but with a couple of shrewd signings in January we could well be in the mixer at the end of the season.

Canadian Dragon 21st November 2020 16.35:12

[QUOTE=davewilli;2411021]Massive game Tuesday now.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely....need a minimum of a point from this one then three more against Bromley.

standman 21st November 2020 16.36:28

If you was a new fan sitting in you new shirt watching that, would you pay again? Keates just won’t sign up to attacking entertaining football, he has no interest, leaves his better players sitting on the bench.

krux 21st November 2020 16.39:46

[QUOTE=MJ6987;2411025]Grinding out results without playing well is the stuff of champions. Keates is going nowhere![/QUOTE]

Not true. Grinding out wins on the occasions you dont play well s the stuff of champions, but you need to play well some of the time!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Percy Sugden 21st November 2020 16.43:41

[QUOTE=standman;2411029]If you was a new fan sitting in you new shirt watching that, would you pay again? Keates just won’t sign up to attacking entertaining football, he has no interest, leaves his better players sitting on the bench.[/QUOTE]

We can’t afford exciting, quick forwards. That’s why we’ve been stuck in this league for so long.

Hopefully that is all about to change!!!

redone 21st November 2020 16.50:06

dont understand DKs thinkin with Davies, thought him good enough to play him as the main holding midfielder, a lot of responsability, not JDs normal position,then when it didnt work hes never played him in his natural position and now hes forgotten about, his man management is shockin

Back of the Kop 21st November 2020 16.52:31

[QUOTE=krux;2411014]Great to win, but we are a long way off troubling the top of the league at the end of the season.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Even with £2m to spend in January ?

benwilliams 21st November 2020 16.53:27

It was a bit Keatesy but I didn't think we were too bad based on our somewhat low expectations. Of course I want Keates out ultimately but if we can grind out a few more wins before January and then add a couple of quality additions when we're flush it could be a good season after all

FieldtownRed 21st November 2020 16.53:29

Football on display was terrible but surely it can only get bettter?

One point off the playoffs indicates it’s a really poor league this year?

The Method Maws 21st November 2020 16.55:52

Happy with the win but I must have been watching a different game.

That was awful.

Just try and get as many points on the board as we can until they can get rid of keates and sort this mess out

Ipswich Red 21st November 2020 17.01:23

We could sign anybody in January and it won't make a difference. We play with a bank of 8 behind the ball at all times which means we pen ourselves in defensively. Keates and Davies did it the first tikme and they're doing it again. Until they're gone we'll get the same turgid stuff. Rememebr when we were top of the league with the pair of them but crowds were dropping off? There's a reason for that and it's all down to style (lack of it). Keates main priority is a clean sheet, Anything else is a bonus. It won't change.

Dudders666 21st November 2020 17.10:58

Better than midweek (hardly difficult though). A tiny bit more structure to our game plan. Reckford getting high enabled Durrell to come inside more.

We are massively missing having jeffrey on the wing to give us something different.

I do not see what pontecelli is offering. He has missed some massive chances this year. I thought Thomas had a good game, lots of awful balls up to him which he held up and brought people into play.

Same old story, not enough chances. The scoreline means we look at this in a different light, wouldnt have took much to be 0-1

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.22:46.