RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Aldershot player ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116630-aldershot-player-ratings.html)

marinman 21st November 2020 20.01:46

Re: Aldershot player ratings

[QUOTE=dagg;2411086]I can't see how people can give ratings watching the game with such poor camera coverage. I could understand if you where at the match. I'm not knocking fan's it's just my humble opinion. :hiding:[/QUOTE]

I'm watching on a new powerful PC but the image provided is poor quality.

Eastsidedevil 21st November 2020 20.02:58

[QUOTE=marinman;2411096]I'm watching on a new powerful PC but the image provided is poor quality.[/QUOTE]

Nothing to do with the camera unfortunately :)

Foxy 21st November 2020 20.03:01

Lainton 6 not much to do
Horsfield 6 like Kevin Roberts, solid at the back but nothing going forward
Kelleher 7
Vassell 6
Reckord 5 good player but going backwards since he arrived
Rutherford 2. I’m a huge fan but what has happened to him ?
Harris 2 . Good when he came on as sub with 10 minutes left
Young 2 - didn’t play but brought on to brilliantly finish off a rare attacking move
Durrell 5 - looked like he could be a footballer
Thomas - caused “mayhem” according to Mark Griffiths - I would love to see the definition of “mayhem “
Ponticelli 4 - better, but what happened to the player who came here on loan ?

In short, this was diabolical.

dlrwrexham 21st November 2020 20.22:44

Don't know how people can write Thomas off so easily as a goalscorer, when he's been feeding off scraps so far, due to the relative lack of creativity and a direct threat from the midfield.:(

Eastsidedevil 21st November 2020 20.32:17

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2411100]Don't know how people can write Thomas off so easily as a goalscorer, when he's been feeding off scraps so far, due to the relative lack of creativity and a direct threat from the midfield.:([/QUOTE]

The thing for me is that apart from his goal at Yeovil he hasn’t looked like scoring at all. I can’t think of any half chances even? He hasn’t got the pace to beat a man, whilst he also seems to snatch at shots. although he is decent in the air, I would say he wins as much as he loses. Most of his work in the air is well outside the box. I think if he had a Morrell etc next to him he would look better, case it point the knockdown to Durrell in midweek. At the moment however Ponticelli looks all at sea and therefore highlights the lack of goals in Thomas’s game too.

Percy Sugden 21st November 2020 20.35:48

[QUOTE=Eastsidedevil;2411073]Maybe a touch harsh on Harris but I think as a midfield 2 you have to offer something going forward but isn’t even an option for the person in the ball most of the time.

I think I am just desperate to see something different from the midfield[/QUOTE]

The midfield don’t play many forward passes searching for runners as there aren’t any runners. It ends up being back and sideways. We don’t have the players to get in behind and there is little movement. Rutherford in-particular is so predictable. It ends up being a big hoof towards Thomas and we then feed off scraps.

redavid 21st November 2020 20.48:14

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2411103]The midfield don’t play many forward passes searching for runners as there aren’t any runners. It ends up being back and sideways. We don’t have the players to get in behind and there is little movement. Rutherford in-particular is so predictable. It ends up being a big hoof towards Thomas and we then feed off scraps.[/QUOTE]

Yes we do Davies and Jarvis play wide and both have pace , what is wrong with Keates He`s a bloody nightmare

fezbob 21st November 2020 21.17:47

I would like to give a big 10 to our matchday sponsor Rad Beer and a further 10 to our matchball sponsor Bootlegger Pilsner.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

petered 21st November 2020 21.26:57

Can anyone shed any light on why Jarvis is hardly getting a look in this season?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.02:27.