RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Aldershot player ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116630-aldershot-player-ratings.html)

petered 22nd November 2020 07.41:06

Re: Aldershot player ratings

:crampe::crampe:[QUOTE=RHYLRED;2411137]You're 6 mad! :)[/QUOTE]

Prodigal Dragon 22nd November 2020 07.48:55

[QUOTE=Number6;2411129]6 for everyone, No one shone above anyone else. A win was achieved without flair and expansive play, players playing to orders in poor conditions. Specific mentions, Lainton does not catch enough and doesn't command his 18 yd box but his shot stopping gains him points. Back 4 didn't concede a goal and the full-backs don't get forward, collectively no more than 6 each. midfield don't want to give away space in front of the back 4 and don't get forward or play in good crosses or killer passes in to feet for the forwards, collective 6. The forwards are chasing scraps like Jack Russells in a junkyard and for effort deserve more than 6 but when Benno didn't get any service he made his own chances or won a pen, so 6 each. Luke Young mentioned in despatches for a goal worth a win 4 leagues higher. Still, a wins a win, and small steps and all that. We do seem like a team that is playing with the brakes on.[/QUOTE]

Sums it up nicely, albeit 6 for everyone is a tadge generous.

I would give Rutherford and Thomas 4 at most.

Team-wise, we were slightly better than Aldershot, who tried to play football, which gave us slightly more space than we get off most teams that play very defensively.

krux 22nd November 2020 08.14:43

The reason Jarvis ain't playing is that he is not going to get ahead of young and Harris in a midfield two.

The Davies in centre mid experiment has failed and Durrell and Rutherford are more experienced trusted players to grind out results and get clean sheets
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 22nd November 2020 08.17:08

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2411100]Don't know how people can write Thomas off so easily as a goalscorer, when he's been feeding off scraps so far, due to the relative lack of creativity and a direct threat from the midfield.:([/QUOTE]

He doesn't win enough headers and doesn't get hold of the ball enough.

Do you think Danny Wright would do as poorly in Thomas' role?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

blackbrookred 22nd November 2020 08.39:11

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2411100]Don't know how people can write Thomas off so easily as a goalscorer, when he's been feeding off scraps so far, due to the relative lack of creativity and a direct threat from the midfield.:([/QUOTE]

It's based on his 11 league goals in his career.

LlayDragon 22nd November 2020 08.44:12

[QUOTE=krux;2411155]The reason Jarvis ain't playing is that he is not going to get ahead of young and Harris in a midfield two.

The Davies in centre mid experiment has failed and Durrell and Rutherford are more experienced trusted players to grind out results and get clean sheets
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

The Davies in CM experiment is, and always was, rediculous.

Hopefully we can get the right people in running the football side of the club very soon, and get a product on the field people will actually pay to watch.

bowler 22nd November 2020 08.50:04

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2411164]The Davies in CM experiment is, and always was, rediculous.

Hopefully we can get the right people in running the football side of the club very soon, and get a product on the field people will actually pay to watch.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Nobody is going to pay to watch that crap, if they do got money than sense. NEW manager pronto, then football improves and I'll hand over my cash.

benwilliams 22nd November 2020 09.19:43

Speaking of davies I wouldnt mind seeing him at LB as Reckord came with a good reputation and has hardly torn it up

LlayDragon 22nd November 2020 09.37:14

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2411182]Speaking of davies I wouldnt mind seeing him at LB as Reckord came with a good reputation and has hardly torn it up[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see him at LB, LWB, LM, LA.

It's not as if he's a one position player, he's gone through years of PL coaching.

But no, Keates knows better and he's dumped at DM.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.33:49.