RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Aldershot player ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116630-aldershot-player-ratings.html)

benwilliams 21st November 2020 17.00:12

Aldershot player ratings

Bought a stream for first time since Solihull and whilst I wouldnt say it was enjoyable it wasn't terrible and a welcome 3 points

Ratings:

Lainton 7 - solid as ever some decent saves when under the cosh
Horsfield 7 - some great interventions, really solid defender. Not great going forward and some poor crosses but 5th tier full backs can rarely combine both
Reckord 6 - solid enough, bit sloppy in possession, I feel he is a better player than we are seeing
Kelleher 6 - not the most mobile but brave and solid
Vassell 6 - complements Kelleher Well with his pace, did nothing wrong
Young 7 - wonder strike to win the game. Quietly effective otherwise
Durrell 7 MOM - edges MOM over young for me. Full of energy good on the ball and always looked to make something happen
Harris 6 - i think he is way past his best but battled well
Rutherford 4 - I am not one who will give him a poor mark just because of who he is but I thought he was anonymous today and lost the ball every time he got it in a dangerous area
Thomas 6 - he is a very limited footballer but I thought he held the ball up well, rarely lost possession and gives us an option we haven't had in recent seasons. He won't score many though
Ponticelli 6 - looked off the pace and missed a good chance but kept going and made a valuable interception towards the end when we were holding on to our lead

Subs
Not enough time to rate

Eastsidedevil 21st November 2020 18.15:36

Re: Aldershot player ratings

Lainton 7
Horsfield 6
Kelleher 7
Vassell 7
Reckord 6
Durrell 7
Young 7
Harris 5
Rutherford 5
Ponticelli 5
Thomas 5

Pretty solid at the back but Durrell aside no real threat going forward and a worldly strike wins it. Harris is offering nothing and I was hoping he would get booked today as he would miss the next game due to accumulating 5 yellows. Thomas is never going to score but wins his fair share in the air, Ponticelli is a real disappointment so far

Percy Sugden 21st November 2020 18.20:34

[QUOTE=Eastsidedevil;2411068]Lainton 7
Horsfield 6
Kelleher 7
Vassell 7
Reckord 6
Durrell 7
Young 7
Harris 5
Rutherford 5
Ponticelli 5
Thomas 5

Pretty solid at the back but Durrell aside no real threat going forward and a worldly strike wins it. Harris is offering nothing and I was hoping he would get booked today as he would miss the next game due to accumulating 5 yellows. Thomas is never going to score but wins his fair share in the air, Ponticelli is a real disappointment so far[/QUOTE]

I thought Harris played well. Ruthers I’d drop to a 4. Ponticelli always wants an extra touch and Thomas is a target man with few goals in him. I thought the team worked well up til the last third. Durrell apart, we have little pace, flair or goals from any of our forward line.

Eastsidedevil 21st November 2020 18.25:22

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2411070]I thought Harris played well. Ruthers I’d drop to a 4. Ponticelli always wants an extra touch and Thomas is a target man with few goals in him. I thought the team worked well up til the last third. Durrell apart, we have little pace, flair or goals from any of our forward line.[/QUOTE]

Maybe a touch harsh on Harris but I think as a midfield 2 you have to offer something going forward but isn’t even an option for the person in the ball most of the time.

I think I am just desperate to see something different from the midfield

René Higuita 21st November 2020 18.28:10

Lainton - 7
Horsefield - 7
Kelleher - 7
Vassell - 6
Reckord - 5
Harris - 3
Young - 7
Durrell - 7
Rutherford - 3
Kwame - 5
Poncilleti - 3

krux 21st November 2020 18.31:05

Lainton 7 did a great job second half

Horsfield 6 solid but unspectacular
Keleher 6 fine
Vassell 6 fine
Reckord 5 not great.

Harris 6 ok, but a shadow of his former self
Young 7 super goal motm
Durrell 6 ok
Ruthers 4 poor

Ponticelli 5 not great
Thomas 5 not good enough to be the main striker should occasionally play off the bench
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dagg 21st November 2020 19.32:00

I can't see how people can give ratings watching the game with such poor camera coverage. I could understand if you where at the match. I'm not knocking fan's it's just my humble opinion. :hiding:

Eastsidedevil 21st November 2020 19.51:23

[QUOTE=dagg;2411086]I can't see how people can give ratings watching the game with such poor camera coverage. I could understand if you where at the match. I'm not knocking fan's it's just my humble opinion. :hiding:[/QUOTE]

Granted the lack of zoom in the first ten minutes wasn’t great and the odd occasion where the operator couldn’t keep up with the ball, but more than adequate otherwise

marinman 21st November 2020 19.57:50

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2411040]Bought a stream for first time since Solihull and whilst I wouldnt say it was enjoyable it wasn't terrible and a welcome 3 points

Ratings:

Lainton 7 - solid as ever some decent saves when under the cosh
Horsfield 7 - some great interventions, really solid defender. Not great going forward and some poor crosses but 5th tier full backs can rarely combine both
Reckord 6 - solid enough, bit sloppy in possession, I feel he is a better player than we are seeing
Kelleher 6 - not the most mobile but brave and solid
Vassell 6 - complements Kelleher Well with his pace, did nothing wrong
Young 7 - wonder strike to win the game. Quietly effective otherwise
Durrell 7 MOM - edges MOM over young for me. Full of energy good on the ball and always looked to make something happen
Harris 6 - i think he is way past his best but battled well
Rutherford 4 - I am not one who will give him a poor mark just because of who he is but I thought he was anonymous today and lost the ball every time he got it in a dangerous area
Thomas 6 - he is a very limited footballer but I thought he held the ball up well, rarely lost possession and gives us an option we haven't had in recent seasons. He won't score many though
Ponticelli 6 - looked off the pace and missed a good chance but kept going and made a valuable interception towards the end when we were holding on to our lead

Subs
Not enough time to rate[/QUOTE]

Fair summary.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.28:45.