Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.16:26   #37-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Spencer Harris (and the board). Take a bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I think everyone knows that they're only allowing this takeover because they knew that the future of the club was at serious risk while they were in charge. They wanted out before the situation got out of hand and the timing of the offer was perfect.
The fact that there were 10 other offers backs this up and speaks volumes about how little they could be trusted.
Or they identified that this was a bid that would be beneficial to the long term future of the club, with virtually little risk in comparison to bids received from individuals and consortia that were identified as dubious at best
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.20:39   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenttoanderlechtin76 View Post
Take a bow for nearly taking this club to oblivion. What little they got right off the field they more than destroyed on it. We got lucky with this takeover it was nothing to do with the board and the sooner they are gone the better.
Sadly I agree 100% , we have been strung alonge for years by a small gang of dictators who made decisions that most normal football people would never dream of making.
Yes I do appreciate the time they all put in but to achieve what ?
not going to make any further comments regarding the past as its time to move on and look forward to the future but I pray our new owners and CEO dont listen to the WST and make their own mind up about the future .
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.21:34   #39-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by short_gog View Post
Or they identified that this was a bid that would be beneficial to the long term future of the club, with virtually little risk in comparison to bids received from individuals and consortia that were identified as dubious at best
That's what they want you to think. We must have been one unlucky club to attract ten bids and all of them were rogues out to destroy us. I mean, as if.

Don't fall for that narrative.
They have sold up because their hand was forced and had no choice but they and their fans will never ever admit it and they choose to cowardly spin it in a way that makes them feel or look like some sort of heroes.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.21:39   #40-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Or you could view it that it is for the members to decide what offers they want to proceed with and 10 were hidden from us but the eleventh came along in a pandemic so it suited the board to proceed?
There was a Gateway process in place to vet prospective "investors". I would suggest that none of the 11 "interested" parties would sign an NDA or submit to scrutiny.
The approach from R & R was almost beyond belief, to the extent that a SGM was called to allow the trust to negotiate, sidetracking the gateway process.
I suppose we should have seen this coming because of that but it appears that it crept under the Radar.
Credit to the board(s) for keeping this as quiet as they did. The plumber must have been a good one to fix all the leaks.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.22:29   #41-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I think everyone knows that they're only allowing this takeover because they knew that the future of the club was at serious risk while they were in charge. They wanted out before the situation got out of hand and the timing of the offer was perfect.
The fact that there were 10 other offers backs this up and speaks volumes about how little they could be trusted.
Yes ,but were the other offers shyte in comparison ? I expect they were !
The timing is great mind
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.27:38   #42-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
There was a Gateway process in place to vet prospective "investors". I would suggest that none of the 11 "interested" parties would sign an NDA or submit to scrutiny.
The approach from R & R was almost beyond belief, to the extent that a SGM was called to allow the trust to negotiate, sidetracking the gateway process.
I suppose we should have seen this coming because of that but it appears that it crept under the Radar.
Credit to the board(s) for keeping this as quiet as they did. The plumber must have been a good one to fix all the leaks.
The WST had been negotiating since May, according to Spencer himself...
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.31:09   #43-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Lets be honest the last 12 years has been dire we need to move on now and enjoy the ride for as long it lasts.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.31:10   #44-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef1 View Post
Has to be a wind up they were the worst custodians this club has ever had the whole set up was built on lies.
Oh come on - Hamilton and Guterman? Moss and Roberts?

The only reason that us supporters had to take on the club at all was because of them, by the way. If it wasn't for the fans doing that, we'd have no club at all to argue about today.
Old 23rd November 2020, 11.45:42   #45-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Im no fan of the trust , done so much wrong , But as regards the other offers to buy the club by whoever , they probably didnt mention them perhaps they thought they were not worthy of discussion , dodgy / not viable , bringing those to our attention would have been a waste of everyones time ,As soon as this offer was on the table they told us , So on that basis i give them the benefit of the doubt ,
So i thank them for their free time and work , time to move on .
If they were corrupt offers why not just tell us then? Just say there's been an approach but we've turned them down having looked into their backgrounds. Then no doubt Lindsay could leak some stuff on the Jimmy's Facebook page and that's the end of it.

Instead we were lied to over and over again. We've been told on several occasions that fan ownership was the only option and no one has ever been interested.

As for Spencer, the board has run itself as a collective. This way of working avoids all individual accountability. We'll never know who was the driving force behind banning the DSA. Even for things like Birchamgate where it's clear and obvious Gavin Jones is the figurehead of that issue, Spencer will still be tied to it because of the complete removal of any individual accountability in the way the board operates. I mean we don't even have a chairman of the club.

What I will say though, is that Spencer does deserve some credit. And that's coming from one of his biggest critics. He's got a lot wrong at the club but he's been happy to be the figurehead for what has gone wrong whilst others act as Wrexhams very own Dominic Cummings. What you see is what you get with Spencer. He's a very nice man from my interactions with him. Compare that to the bitter Pete Jones or a board member emailing fans employers etc. and there are certainly others that should receive more of the share of blame.

Having listened to Spencer on Dragonheart last week he did say something that was a touch of class (And I'm paraphrasing here). He said that football is an emotional game and he understands our passionate fans will react strongly when things go wrong but that he most certainly doesn't hold a grudge against anyone.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.47:41.