Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd December 2020, 08.29:29   #118-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Altrincham Reaction (0-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
I did watch the match last night.

We should have won it, but that's not good enough. We were hampered by poor finishing, lack of creativity, and a manager who cannot change a game by making the right substitutions at the right time, or changing tactics.

As for Davies, he was one of the few positives last night, albeit he is again being played out of position, and those around him are of limited ability. His passing was at a much higher level than we are used to. He covered a lot of ground and made some very good challenges. Is he perfect? Nope. Can he improve further? Yes, if given an opportunity out wide, where his pace would be better utilised.

By blaming Davies, some fans are no better than Keates and Co. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but we need to bring in some professionals to run the club, and some better quality players to rescue the season before it again runs away from us.

Last night was both frustrating and disappointing. It wasn't a good enough performance, but it should have been 3 points. Alas, there are 4-5 players who aren't good enough and need replacing asap. That will be the job of the CEO, DoF and new manager. The sooner R&R sign on the dotted line, the sooner the task can start.

PS Altrincham were of limited ability but, to give them the credit they deserve, they had a plan and stuck to it. They were lucky, but Lady Luck is much needed by us, too.
A perfect report on the game. 100% correct.
Old 2nd December 2020, 08.29:55   #119-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
You know what you need to do to force the clubs hand.
Stop paying to watch this drivel. Don't do it to yourself.
Wine and dine the mrs if there's nothing else to do.

I stopped after the Solihull shit show. I ain't paying to keep Keates and that total fraud Darlington in jobs.
I stopped after Maidenhead - deciding that i was bringing bad luck. Last night my daughter convinced me to watch and i wont be making that mistake again.
Like the Maidenhead game we should have won at a canter and i fear we will seriously regret those 6 points come the final reckoning. Due to the management our players are too timid and in fear of conceding. Again last night they were presented with an organized but very limited team and failed to press their technical superiority. We should have been out of sight before drinking the idea and energy sapping drink they were fed at the interval.
A graph of our recent emotions as supporters would look very strange !
Old 2nd December 2020, 08.31:32   #120-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
Just watched it myself ‘yeah look’ ‘we go again on the weekend’ he’s a smug little prick but the interviewer is just painful. ‘So Dean as a manager who prides himself on clean sheets’ ‘So Dean as a manager who prides himself on set pieces’ painful.
Your right OLW Keates is a smug little prick and the reason he so smug is he cant believe we took him back and that he is STILL drawing a wage serving up shite every week.
Well if you do read RP DEANO your are a dead man walking , resign before you are sacked but you wont because you dont have the bollocks to do so.

I am not angry anymore just very sad
Old 2nd December 2020, 08.37:22   #121-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Very predictable unfortunately that we would lose last night. Symptomatic of what we have come used under trust management. Clearly the manager and players are not good enough for promotion.
Once the takeover is done there will still be time to salvage a play off place provided we change the manager and bring in 4 or 5 quality players. Over to you R and R
Old 2nd December 2020, 08.45:09   #122-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
I stopped after Maidenhead - deciding that i was bringing bad luck. Last night my daughter convinced me to watch and i wont be making that mistake again.
Like the Maidenhead game we should have won at a canter and i fear we will seriously regret those 6 points come the final reckoning. Due to the management our players are too timid and in fear of conceding. Again last night they were presented with an organized but very limited team and failed to press their technical superiority. We should have been out of sight before drinking the idea and energy sapping drink they were fed at the interval.
A graph of our recent emotions as supporters would look very strange !
I nearly did what you did last night, but I got distracted and by the time I thought about the game again it had already kicked off so I didn't bother. Deep down I knew I wouldn't miss much.

I haven't seen a good performance from Wrexham in ages. I honestly can't remember the last time in fact.

Once Keates and Pep D are gone I'll watch again.
Old 2nd December 2020, 08.47:35   #123-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
Can't see that making much difference at this point, nothing is going to happen in the short term until the ownership changes hands. I don't think lower streaming numbers will be what prompts a managerial change.
No it probably won't with Spencer and his shower becuase they don't operate on planet earth like most of us, but it sends a clear message to them and the new owners and will be noticed.
Old 2nd December 2020, 09.10:24   #124-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Thing is we have a right chance this season, theirs no outstanding teams this season, but we need change asap, why he didn't take a chance last night, he has a free hit at the minute to push for results, because he must know hes a sitting duck, first thing stop playing two sitting midfielders at home and go for a result ffs..
Old 2nd December 2020, 09.13:32   #125-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The subs were baffling. If have brought jarvis and redmond on after an hour as we needed some kind of creativity to unpick them as they were just sitting back hanging on for a 1-0. Jeffrey is a waste of time and as another poster said, teveb when they came the subs were like for like and the system didn't change
Old 2nd December 2020, 09.14:06   #126-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Sugden View Post
“Let’s dust ourselves down and go again Saturday”
Ok Dean
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.56:02.