RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   FA Trophy v Leamington (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116770-fa-trophy-v-leamington.html)

Eastsidedevil 18th December 2020 06.43:38

FA Trophy v Leamington

I know there is already some chat about this on the Weymouth thread. Should we play a similar team to what finished the game at Weymouth? Should we rest players? Should we give game time to squad members such as Dibble, Carrington, Bickerstaff, Jeffrey, Redmond, Jarvis, Cleworth etc. Maybe also useful to play Ponticelli to try and get his season going?

I am torn because I don’t really care about the trophy and normally I would say rest players, but with no game for 14 days after there’s plenty of time for rest!

Prodigal Dragon 18th December 2020 06.51:06

Re: FA Trophy v Leamington

Win the game.

Select a team capable of beating Stockport.

That, IMHO, means some changes to the team that ended the game at Weymouth.

krux 18th December 2020 07.15:46

to be honest I don't think there is much difference between a first team and team with rested players, especially as we now know Jarvis/Davies/Yussuf must play v stockport.

Lainton has to play, the back 3 have to play. Jarvis, Davies and Yussuf need more game time.

The only question is whether ponticelli or bickerstaff start, and maybe carrington/redmond for Young/Harris in the middle. No room for jeffrey in a 352

Hometown Unicorn 18th December 2020 07.24:11

Full team. They have 9 days off after.

A competitive game against an up-for-it Leamington side will be a decent training exercise.

moynkeepthefaith 18th December 2020 08.25:10

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2420008]Full team. They have 9 days off after.

A competitive game against an up-for-it Leamington side will be a decent training exercise.[/QUOTE]

100% we have the quietest Christmas on record.

davewilli 18th December 2020 08.35:33

Maybe harsh on Cleworth but I think the 3 centre backs (if we are going to stick with 342) need to get more game time together, regardless of of bolstering our attacking potency in January, we need to get our defensive unit right or we won't be challenging for too long. Maybe ring the changes after 60mins and Cleworth and a couple if others get their chance to impress.

Is there a live stream this week?

Rob 18th December 2020 08.43:36

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2420008]
A competitive game against an up-for-it Leamington side will be a decent training exercise.[/QUOTE]

Thats cursed it now :jester:

BillEBadass 18th December 2020 09.23:40

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2420004]Win the game.

Select a team capable of beating Stockport.

That, IMHO, means some changes to the team that ended the game at Weymouth.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% - not for the sake of FAT but to establish a pattern of play for some of our 'better' players who do not get selected. Dean couldn't pick his nose never mind his best team.

jrpwxm 18th December 2020 09.28:50

Is it being streamed?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.21:33.