Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd December 2020, 06.54:29   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Our manager and social media

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
To further what you've put on there....

The club has a global spotlight on it at the moment but we are dishing out some truly awful football. If i was your average joe in the USA and id watched that Leamington game i would be question R&R's sanity and tbh i wouldn't be tuning back in anytime soon.

As for social media it is well and truly against Keates. Even on the official Facebook nearly every comment is against him except for one lady on there who must be his Mum.
You're not wrong.

I do think there is a redemption story in there though. Hopefully what we will see is a change in fortunes between our playing capability now, and our season 2 ability. Social media is a terrible thing at times, but the minute the majority of the insight is negative makes it a pretty damning indictment of the situation (whatever it may be).
Old 22nd December 2020, 10.52:17   #29-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
You're not wrong.

I do think there is a redemption story in there though. Hopefully what we will see is a change in fortunes between our playing capability now, and our season 2 ability. Social media is a terrible thing at times, but the minute the majority of the insight is negative makes it a pretty damning indictment of the situation (whatever it may be).
That massively depends on what R&R do when they come in and when exactly they come in. Keates and hid mob have to go, there is no question about that. However I thinks he’s going to get the Jan window though and tbh by the time R&R are in it might be too late for this season,
Old 22nd December 2020, 11.39:22   #30-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

will make for good TV on the documentary... hence delays on all fronts..

i expect official announcement on finish xmas eve .. again be good telly... lol
Old 22nd December 2020, 16.54:20   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfronner View Post
Here we go, I am ready to take the bullets...

"Any other club in the world would have got rid of him by now" would they? We are 8th, last season we floated between 18th - 19th and remember we have had no cash investment yet.

Also, before you smash into me, I'm not happy about the management team either BUT please please please stop expecting us to sack DK ASAP, it will happen eventually sure but realise this is not football manager and doesn't happen with a click of the button.

Bad result in the FA Trophy but I'd have welcomed it as we know well enough now that the trophy really is more of a distraction than anything.

Good things are coming to this club, just wait, have some patience.
Redfroner - it often seen that those of us who are not insulting about DK are classed as happy clappers and said to want the worst - when i read the original post 'its a disgrace' i first thought that the disgrace would be all the criticism he takes. The man is working for us. We as WST are the owners , yes a takeover may be trundling through, the dream is alive. But please can we not continue insulting a man for doing his job - for 1 defeat. The original poster compared us to Liverpool playing a lower league team - maybe a more worthwhile comparison would be say Burnley in the league cup - they experiment . There were positives on Saturday - an experimental team , Pearson & Carrington back from injury, Cleworth playing alongside in a back 3, another practice of a back 3 or 5, Jordan Davies getting game time and good crosses in , there were indeed chances for us, our back 5 played well, we scored 4 penalties. Ok we lost on penalties in a minor cup. Today is a new day, we are reasonably placed in the league in an unprecedented year. Of course this will not fit in with the narrative of some of always criticise and want a manager out after a defeat or 2. Keates has a good eye for a player , of course this season is better than last , we can score. We are all entitled to our own opinions , i will await whether our new owners keep Keates and allow him to invest or have another plan . Interesting times . COYR, Happy Christmas to ALL fans
Old 22nd December 2020, 17.43:39   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamrob View Post
Redfroner - it often seen that those of us who are not insulting about DK are classed as happy clappers and said to want the worst - when i read the original post 'its a disgrace' i first thought that the disgrace would be all the criticism he takes. The man is working for us. We as WST are the owners , yes a takeover may be trundling through, the dream is alive. But please can we not continue insulting a man for doing his job - for 1 defeat. The original poster compared us to Liverpool playing a lower league team - maybe a more worthwhile comparison would be say Burnley in the league cup - they experiment . There were positives on Saturday - an experimental team , Pearson & Carrington back from injury, Cleworth playing alongside in a back 3, another practice of a back 3 or 5, Jordan Davies getting game time and good crosses in , there were indeed chances for us, our back 5 played well, we scored 4 penalties. Ok we lost on penalties in a minor cup. Today is a new day, we are reasonably placed in the league in an unprecedented year. Of course this will not fit in with the narrative of some of always criticise and want a manager out after a defeat or 2. Keates has a good eye for a player , of course this season is better than last , we can score. We are all entitled to our own opinions , i will await whether our new owners keep Keates and allow him to invest or have another plan . Interesting times . COYR, Happy Christmas to ALL fans
The majority of the positives you’ve listed are that the players he picked went on to play in the game.

Could you expand on how that’s a positive?
Old 22nd December 2020, 19.17:41   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Wow now I can see why this club is in such a mess .Open your eyes we have been in terminal managed decline for years and Keates is speeding it up thank god he will soon be moved on as well as the other 2 fakes.
Old 22nd December 2020, 19.52:42   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Straight out of the Spencer Harris book for acceptance of failure. Dumped out by lower league opposition yet again but at least we got to practice a formation (which should be worked on in training). No attacking threat against a team in the league below but at least Jordan Davies put some crosses in. Also at this point last season we scored 17 goals, this season we've scored 17 goals. So another positive is showing no improvement in 14 months. Let's also all be delighted that we scored 4 out of 6 penalties. At least we didn't score 3 hey?

Can't wait for the pathetic mentality at our football club to change
Old 22nd December 2020, 20.16:03   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
"the man is working for is" lol
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd December 2020, 20.27:12   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
"the man is working for is" lol
Posted via mobile theme
Yeah fair play to him for gambling and leaving his old job as a window cleaner to become a football manager. Hero

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.08:24.