Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st December 2020, 19.38:27   #19-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates' Cup Record

We aren't out of the cup, Wrxham are according to the club's media.
Old 21st December 2020, 19.49:42   #20-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gresford red View Post
Don't forget the fabulous run in the Scottish wafer biscuit cup under the messiah
Forgotten about that. Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup... Jesus.
Old 21st December 2020, 20.31:35   #21-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: The Kop...I wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaydragon View Post
Question to the board. Why is Keates still here ? Is it because you are spineless and making that decision would admit that you were wrong (again) to employ him. His tactics are killing our club.
It's very simple. If Keates get's sacked at the moment...who pays his severance package? The easy answer, the club. But what if the takeover doesn't go through, then the club will be losing more funds that it doesn't have. So for the moment they wait for the takeover to be rubber stamped. Then Keates is someone else's problem.
Old 21st December 2020, 20.34:21   #22-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by International View Post
It's very simple. If Keates get's sacked at the moment...who pays his severance package? The easy answer, the club. But what if the takeover doesn't go through, then the club will be losing more funds that it doesn't have. So for the moment they wait for the takeover to be rubber stamped. Then Keates is someone else's problem.
This is it really. No one on the WST or club boards has the bollox to make the decision. They’re just waiting to pass the buck to Rob and Ryan.
Old 21st December 2020, 20.39:45   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
This is it really. No one on the WST or club boards has the bollox to make the decision. They’re just waiting to pass the buck to Rob and Ryan.
They probably want to keep him.....he’s their hero.
Old 21st December 2020, 21.31:57   #24-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
They may not be able to. It is not uncommon to have clauses in SPAs for business sales prohibiting any big managerial changes/decisions before completion.

Let’s get real, he’s not going to get sacked in the middle of a takeover. So we just have to wait. The big question will be do R&R get rid of him pronto - is that decision already made - or will it be a “clean slate” and they give him a chance. I fear the latter , but I’m a pessimist when it comes to Wrexham so I hope I’m wrong!
Old 21st December 2020, 21.36:08   #25-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Also, Christ alive, that cup record is horrendous. I thought it would be bad but bloody hell. As someone else said, we have lost potential windfalls - the FA Cup run to Brighton and (eventually) the FA Trophy win -brought in some much needed cash.
Old 22nd December 2020, 00.05:31   #26-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamandy View Post
Also, Christ alive, that cup record is horrendous. I thought it would be bad but bloody hell. As someone else said, we have lost potential windfalls - the FA Cup run to Brighton and (eventually) the FA Trophy win -brought in some much needed cash.
That is a horrendous record, but given that a lot of posters generally say they can't be bothered with the cups, especially the FA trophy I'm surprised there is so much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Personally I think that we should try to win our cup games. Successful teams manage promotion and cup wins but hey with this manager my expectations have been set very low
Old 22nd December 2020, 01.50:19   #27-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the kop before emmigrating
Twitter: @_honez

Quote:
Originally Posted by basdragon View Post
Personally I think that we should try to win our cup games. Successful teams manage promotion and cup wins but hey with this manager my expectations have been set very low
I’m with you on that. The FA Trophy is specifically for non-league clubs. We should be looking to prove we are the best non-league club and worthy of promotion back to the EFL. Who the hell fo we think we’re kidding parading around as though it’s beneath us. The last game shoved that arrogance down our throat.
We wouldn’t win it if it was only conf north/ south and us.
Same with Scottish invitational last year, we should have been looking to build form and consistency through that, but the std of teams (Connahs Quay, etc.) was better than the half-arsed kick about shit we played.
The Wrexham teams of old did well - regularly - punching above our weight because they didn’t field weakened teams. They wanted to take a scalp or show lower teams who was boss. They had the fire the current set up just doesn’t.
Remember Wales in the home championships taking it to and beating England? They were Wrexham and Wales players with passion and fire. I don’t care if we win, lose or draw, as long as the players and manager have given everything they have. Sometimes you get flogged, but sometimes it has its reward. With the current apathetic bunch, Arsenal would have walked all over us in 92.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.12:18.