RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Luke Summerfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116790-luke-summerfield.html)

Shaymen down under 24th December 2020 09.11:00

Luke Summerfield

Halifax fan here. Why isn’t Summerfield still at Wrexham? He’s been an absolute revelation here. I know our table position doesn’t reflect it, but his performances have been different quality. I would love to know what he stopped bringing to your club that he’s been able to turn around and bring to us?

TopCornerFergie 24th December 2020 09.12:48

Re: Luke Summerfield

He was a Player of the Season candidate until he got a bad injury; was never the same since.

Like a lot of players in this division, with a bit of confidence and a good team around him, he can produce quality.

Shaymen down under 24th December 2020 09.16:08

[QUOTE=TopCornerFergie;2421611]He was a Player of the Season candidate until he got a bad injury; was never the same since.

Like a lot of players in this division, with a bit of confidence and a good team around him, he can produce quality.[/QUOTE]

Like I said despite our current position, the football we play has been light and day from last season, and Summerfield has been the main reason for it. Our forum has been asking why you let him go. But like you say I suppose it depends on how managers play their teams.

dixienormous 24th December 2020 09.18:32

He ran around a lot, we have a few of those, didn't create or score any goals.

Shaymen down under 24th December 2020 09.22:15

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2421614]He ran around a lot, we have a few of those, didn't create or score any goals.[/QUOTE]

To be fair when we signed him we didn’t expect much, but based on the first 15 games this season. He’s been probably one of the best midfielders seen down the shah in a long time. Which either doesn’t say much about us or he’s turned a new leaf for us. The doesn’t create thing is baffling for us. As his passing range and willingness to get on ball has been integral for us. Any other players you want rid of that maybe half decent?

Ddraigoch 24th December 2020 09.27:37

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2421614]He ran around a lot, we have a few of those, didn't create or score any goals.[/QUOTE]

Dixie has a habit of forgetting - see here [url]https://youtu.be/XAGtZYqCne0[/url]

TopCornerFergie 24th December 2020 09.34:50

[QUOTE=Shaymen down under;2421616]To be fair when we signed him we didn’t expect much, but based on the first 15 games this season. He’s been probably one of the best midfielders seen down the shah in a long time. Which either doesn’t say much about us or he’s turned a new leaf for us. The doesn’t create thing is baffling for us. As his passing range and willingness to get on ball has been integral for us. Any other players you want rid of that maybe half decent?[/QUOTE]

He was signed by Sam Ricketts and was a key part of that team. With all the fallout after Sam left, I wouldn't be surprised if that got to him.

Feel free to take all our strikers off our hands.

FieldtownRed 24th December 2020 09.36:02

[QUOTE=Shaymen down under;2421608]Halifax fan here. Why isn’t Summerfield still at Wrexham? He’s been an absolute revelation here. I know our table position doesn’t reflect it, but his performances have been different quality. I would love to know what he stopped bringing to your club that he’s been able to turn around and bring to us?[/QUOTE]

*Feigns shock as yet another ex-player goes on to better things elsewhere.*

Pieman 24th December 2020 09.38:29

It doesnt surprise me. Getting away from Wrexham has helped many a player regain form. Scott Boden for example never looked like scoring here then bangs 15+ in when he left. Management and coaching at Wrexham is appalling.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.11:19.