Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th December 2020, 17.15:34   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored
Twitter: @

Default Re: January window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavon from heaven View Post
I don’t think we can look past the coaching staff. The way they get us to play is absolutely horrendous. This means the players play with no freedom or expression. This means no risks being taken and no movement what so ever. Jarvis, Davies and redmond are 3 gifted players but we won’t see them thrive under dk as this ‘system’ he plays is long ball after long ball to no one. Wouldn’t mind seeing some pace outside either with end product. And some centre midfielders, I hate to say it but Harris is past and and durrel is overweight and not good enough! Big change needed and for me starts with the management.
I can't comment on Redmond as every time I've seen him play he couldn’t be arsed. Apart from that, agree with everything you say. Absolutely bang on.
Old 24th December 2020, 17.57:33   #20-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

On the issue of the January window what sort of budget may would we be looking at? Obviously due to the takeover merchandise sales are through the roof but having no crowds in means a budget shortfall.

Its quality over quantity we need now especially as yet again we are out of both cups. Inevitably though i think Keates given money will spunk it away on mediocre signings after chasing Cook all transfer window
Old 24th December 2020, 18.36:03   #21-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler View Post
Poor attitude!! summer for FS sake we are the richest team in the league we should be buying our way out of this league next month. Get rid of Dogshit Keates & Co and we should be pushing for automatic promotion.
So you expect a change in management after January 14th, plus whoever gets brought in to instantly massively improve us to the point that we win the league this year ?

So what evidence do you have that Herr Klopp and his team are dropping down to conference level ?
Old 24th December 2020, 18.40:36   #22-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
But the priority should be to get a head start on next season. That was Cambridges tactic that worked wonders for them. Get to January and if it's not going to plan then start the rebuild early for next season.

Keates needs to go asap, new manager can come in and build early. And there's a lot to build! We have nothing to start from. If we can sneak into the playoffs this year then great but we need to start building from January
Plenty of players to shift -thought Anthony was a short-term contract apart from if given another hidden extension,Rutherford can be loaned to Conference North, get a right back Carrington can go.
Old 24th December 2020, 18.45:26   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

Looking at the current squad Keates has brought it, who would be said was a good signing? The two centre-halves, average, full-backs 1 average the other below average, mid-field poor apart from Davies, forwards poor.
This coming January window we are hoping Keates can improve the obvious positions, but with his track record and eye for a player, I will not hold my breath.
Old 24th December 2020, 18.51:11   #24-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redpensioner View Post
Looking at the current squad Keates has brought it, who would be said was a good signing? The two centre-halves, average, full-backs 1 average the other below average, mid-field poor apart from Davies, forwards poor.
This coming January window we are hoping Keates can improve the obvious positions, but with his track record and eye for a player, I will not hold my breath.
I think most of the players deserve a chance under a decent manager with decent coaching. Plenty have said it already. Players do not improve or even maintain their previous levels under Keates et al

Last edited by basdragon; 24th December 2020 at 18.51:39.. Reason: Anthony Jeffrey being the most obvious exception
Old 24th December 2020, 19.58:16   #25-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

We just need to lighten up, this is possibly the last transfer window, where we need to find some quality without big bucks.
Old 24th December 2020, 20.49:21   #26-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
But the priority should be to get a head start on next season. That was Cambridges tactic that worked wonders for them. Get to January and if it's not going to plan then start the rebuild early for next season.

Keates needs to go asap, new manager can come in and build early. And there's a lot to build! We have nothing to start from. If we can sneak into the playoffs this year then great but we need to start building from January
My point was more about the timing. Given it's now going to be the start of January that the takeover's rubber stamped at the very,very earliest, I don't see how they're going to sack Keates, get a new manager and then give them unlimited funds to buy players and offload the dross during the transfer window.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 25th December 2020, 11.17:29   #27-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Wrexham Lager Stand
Twitter: @@rexham

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
My point was more about the timing. Given it's now going to be the start of January that the takeover's rubber stamped at the very,very earliest, I don't see how they're going to sack Keates, get a new manager and then give them unlimited funds to buy players and offload the dross during the transfer window.
Posted via mobile theme
Maybe the new gaffer is already lined up? If so he will know what we need.

Last edited by rexham; 25th December 2020 at 11.19:20..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.51:15.