Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th December 2020, 11.33:11   #1-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default January window

Put the takeover and opinions on DK to one side.

January is a week away and other NL clubs have already been getting players in. We are reasonably well placed after a quarter of the season gone but with this stop, start season there will be very heavy fixture list in the new year Covid permiting and we need freshening up and cover in key positions if we are to kick on.

Priority 1 - has to be a striker, we are short up top with Ponticelli's fitness issues and Bickerstaff a rookie and Yussaf looking better from the bench.

Priority 2 - a central midfielder to compete and compliment Harris and Young.

A centre back if we are to continue playing with 3 centre backs to compete with the 3 and not to have to rely on young Cleworth (or Reckord or Carrington filling in) for an extensive period. Failing that we need to be able to switch back to a 4 quickly if needed, making it more important to get another experienced midfielder in.

We have a number of number 10s or wide players but as yet no one has grasped those positions and put in any consistent performances so a candidate should be lined up and the situation scrutinised over the next few games.
Old 24th December 2020, 11.41:52   #2-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Default Re: January window

It’s a chicken and egg predicament: can’t create so we can’t score; can’t score because we can’t create.

Regardless, we ideally need 2 goal scoring strikers, a midfield general and a creative midfielder.

Come on Santa, bring it on!
Old 24th December 2020, 11.54:44   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
It’s a chicken and egg predicament: can’t create so we can’t score; can’t score because we can’t create.

Regardless, we ideally need 2 goal scoring strikers, a midfield general and a creative midfielder.

Come on Santa, bring it on!
I think we can create and we've got the likes of Young, Davies, Durrell and Jarvis to do it

Our strikers are the problem, it's as if the ball goes flat whenever it goes into the feet of Thomas, Ponticelli and Yussuf

Keates and Darlington seem bereft of ideas when it comes to the opposition's penalty area
Old 24th December 2020, 12.02:34   #4-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

I am happy where we’re as we have the ‘best squad we’ve had In years’

But... full backs are a massive problem defensively and going forward, centre backs are another problem, midfield is weak as piss and don’t create anything, wide men are non existent and up front is the worst we’ve had for a long time so basically half a squad needed in January as results, stats, everything points to a dull mid table side.
Old 24th December 2020, 12.03:10   #5-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCornerFergie View Post
I think we can create and we've got the likes of Young, Davies, Durrell and Jarvis to do it

Our strikers are the problem, it's as if the ball goes flat whenever it goes into the feet of Thomas, Ponticelli and Yussuf

Keates and Darlington seem bereft of ideas when it comes to the opposition's penalty area
Thomas seems very poor.

Ponticelli looks worse than he is. Lack of fitness and trying too hard to score.

Yussuf is an enigma. Not fully fit, but also looks NFI most of the time. However, he still looks the one most likely to score.

Those midfielders must go up a gear.

New faces might help the cause, if chosen wisely.
Old 24th December 2020, 12.06:26   #6-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I am happy where we’re as we have the ‘best squad we’ve had In years’

But... full backs are a massive problem defensively and going forward, centre backs are another problem, midfield is weak as piss and don’t create anything, wide men are non existent and up front is the worst we’ve had for a long time so basically half a squad needed in January as results, stats, everything points to a dull mid table side.
Don’t totally disagree, but we cannot change everything overnight. That must wait until the summer, when we hopefully have someone who understands what’s required.

Meanwhile, I still think 2 good midfielders and a striker would get us into the POs, albeit it won’t necessarily be good to watch.
Old 24th December 2020, 12.09:25   #7-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Don’t totally disagree, but we cannot change everything overnight. That must wait until the summer, when we hopefully have someone who understands what’s required.

Meanwhile, I still think 2 good midfielders and a striker would get us into the POs, albeit it won’t necessarily be good to watch.
I agree to get in the playoffs, the biggest problem is Keates and Darlington’s negative approach and slow start starting games on the back foot. The negative football in engrained into these players and they can’t show any flair, when was the last time we seen a player score a goal out of nothing? Dom Vose when he scored that wonder goal?
Old 24th December 2020, 12.13:18   #8-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

New management is the first thing we need.
Old 24th December 2020, 12.25:44   #9-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoveWrexham View Post
I agree to get in the playoffs, the biggest problem is Keates and Darlington’s negative approach and slow start starting games on the back foot. The negative football in engrained into these players and they can’t show any flair, when was the last time we seen a player score a goal out of nothing? Dom Vose when he scored that wonder goal?
The management are the next root cause that need replacing. However, unsure how quickly that will occur. Sooner the better, but the replacements need to be available and signed up.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.21:09.