Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th January 2021, 13.19:09   #118-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
What's he supposed to say though? He's the manager and quite possibly will be for the transfer window depending on how long the takeover takes.
As much as we want it, there's been no indication officially that he'll be sacked.
He can write what he wants and so can I. Him and a few others are total fair game for me, they have been complicit in the rubbish we have had to put up with, so I will criticise as I wish.
Old 4th January 2021, 13.30:52   #119-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwalian dragon View Post
https://wrexhamfan.wordpress.com/202...3/keep-keates/

Mark Griffiths' response to the Leader article. Another Keates and WST propaganda piece.

"They got us into a seriously competitive place before Keates left for Walsall (4 wins for the last 15 games and then two of the current coaching team remained and we imploded), they kept us up last year (funny way to say "they showed no improvement from the footgolf bloke even after being given additional money") and now face the combined challenges of a new squad and a stop-start season. (Boohoo they had the freedom to sign whoever they wanted and our season is affected in the same way as everyone else's) They can’t be judged as failures (Yes they can), they can fairly be judged as doing well enough to stick with. (Let's keep clapping at the worst football we've ever seen with a manager that would never have been allowed to return if we'd have had representitives at the club with any self-pride)
MG ,people are relying on his honest opinions from the press,MGs feelings of love towards DK shouldnt come into,when hes interviewing DK, hes like little girl who got the doll shes always wanted,god i hope that when the takeover happens they let him go!!
Old 4th January 2021, 13.33:27   #120-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Quote:

Mark Griffiths' response to the Leader article. Another Keates and WST propaganda piece.

"They got us into a seriously competitive place before Keates left for Walsall (4 wins for the last 15 games and then two of the current coaching team remained and we imploded), they kept us up last year (funny way to say "they showed no improvement from the footgolf bloke even after being given additional money") and now face the combined challenges of a new squad and a stop-start season. (Boohoo they had the freedom to sign whoever they wanted and our season is affected in the same way as everyone else's) They can’t be judged as failures (Yes they can), they can fairly be judged as doing well enough to stick with. (Let's keep clapping at the worst football we've ever seen with a manager that would never have been allowed to return if we'd have had representitives at the club with any self-pride)
"They kept us up last season"

Honestly, if it says that. Beggars belief.
Old 4th January 2021, 13.36:47   #121-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Quote:

I do kind of accept the first two points. Keates imo did a good job first spell and did enough last season just to keep us up. People forget how shocking it was under Hughes (Ebbsfleet at home anyone? I went for a drink at HT and was actually worried we were going down).

The last comment about this season is a joke. It's effected everyone in this league. He's left out the positives of Keates still having a decent budget this summer and the knock on effect of the takeover boosting player morale (when Keates won motm) which was when the media interest was at its highest.

He can write what he thinks that's fine. It's just so obviously propaganda hence people are unhappy with the media team, local media and the trust.
Old 4th January 2021, 13.42:40   #122-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
I do kind of accept the first two points. Keates imo did a good job first spell and did enough last season just to keep us up. People forget how shocking it was under Hughes (Ebbsfleet at home anyone? I went for a drink at HT and was actually worried we were going down).
I'll see your Ebbsfleet at home and raise you Ebbsfleet away. 1 win from his first 8 games and losing to the then bottom of the league Ebbsfleet for us to reach our lowest point ever
Old 4th January 2021, 13.46:51   #123-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
"They kept us up last season"

Honestly, if it says that. Beggars belief.
The only thing that kept us up last season was Covid ending the season early. The run in we had with the form we were in would not have ended well.
Old 4th January 2021, 13.48:02   #124-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Its all total bollocks. Keates out.
Old 4th January 2021, 13.52:06   #125-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS - Mold End or ERS Central

Quote:
I'll see your Ebbsfleet at home and raise you Ebbsfleet away. 1 win from his first 8 games and losing to the then bottom of the league Ebbsfleet for us to reach our lowest point ever
I'm just saying in general how bad things were start of last season. Keates didn't do as well as I thought and some games were embarrassing (0-0 at home just before lockdown can't remember who against) but we got some good wins like Bromley away. He did just enough to turn it around. Unfortunately he's not delivered this season that's clear enough to see
Old 4th January 2021, 13.57:28   #126-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: On my bum

Don't bother reading that tripe anymore

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.28:07.