Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st December 2020, 11.58:07   #31-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out.

The WST have had the Midas touch in reverse almost without exception from the beginning.

They have now hopefully done something really worthwhile for once with R&R. As long as there is no significant lingering of WST influence or thinking in the new set up we now have some justified expectation in place of vague hopes every year.

Personally I do not want them making any more decisions that will incur cost or impact the future of the club.

DK out? Certainly but for the sake of a few weeks best to hang on in there so that all decisions are made by (hopefully) competent business and football people. If R&R are up for it firing DK will be small beer.

The counter argument is that we need to act now as it will get worse. This only applies when any new decision is better than the original one. Under the WST that is most unlikely to be the case.

Let's keep calm, collected and together.

Happy New Year to ALL fans whether or not in the WST, RP posters or just expectant as I am!!!
Old 31st December 2020, 13.56:45   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Just seen today's Leader. They have confirmed that bears do indeed sh1t in the woods.

Top journalism.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st December 2020, 14.06:28   #33-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
The WST have had the Midas touch in reverse almost without exception from the beginning.

They have now hopefully done something really worthwhile for once with R&R. As long as there is no significant lingering of WST influence or thinking in the new set up we now have some justified expectation in place of vague hopes every year.

Personally I do not want them making any more decisions that will incur cost or impact the future of the club.

DK out? Certainly but for the sake of a few weeks best to hang on in there so that all decisions are made by (hopefully) competent business and football people. If R&R are up for it firing DK will be small beer.

The counter argument is that we need to act now as it will get worse. This only applies when any new decision is better than the original one. Under the WST that is most unlikely to be the case.

Let's keep calm, collected and together.

Happy New Year to ALL fans whether or not in the WST, RP posters or just expectant as I am!!!
Caesarian or au natural?
Old 1st January 2021, 01.27:08   #34-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: On my backside usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Caesarian or au natural?
Cestrians are not natural!!!
Old 1st January 2021, 11.19:57   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Tech End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Just seen today's Leader. They have confirmed that bears do indeed sh1t in the woods.

Top journalism.
Posted via mobile theme
I do feel sorry for Rich at the Leader.

The Leader is now part of that ad-saturated, copy and paste set up that seems to own every "official" local news outlet. He must just get asked to generate as many clicks as possible, and articles like this must take about 5 minutes to put together. I think he'd be better off going to Wrexham.com (as the Daily Post is practically the same as the Leader); but then again he may be earning a good wedge out of it.
Old 1st January 2021, 13.06:11   #36-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

That piece was as close as the leader would print to wanting Keates out. Clearly, Williams will not say as such but by saying it through the medium of social media comments was interesting.
Old 1st January 2021, 13.12:33   #37-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
That piece was as close as the leader would print to wanting Keates out. Clearly, Williams will not say as such but by saying it through the medium of social media comments was interesting.
Yep, allows them to deny any responsibility if and when he is sacked, they can simply say they were allowing fans to voice their opinions.
Old 1st January 2021, 13.57:23   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

"The duo have come to The Racecourse to make a success of Wrexham and while that won’t happen overnight, Dean Keates will have a far better chance of leading the Reds to promotion with more money to spend in the January transfer window". Richard Williams in today's leader.

The thought of that clown spending money on more rubbish in January makes me sick.
Old 1st January 2021, 15.20:14   #39-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Hays Travel Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai83 View Post
"The duo have come to The Racecourse to make a success of Wrexham and while that won’t happen overnight, Dean Keates will have a far better chance of leading the Reds to promotion with more money to spend in the January transfer window". Richard Williams in today's leader.

The thought of that clown spending money on more rubbish in January makes me sick.
A bit strange stating the assumption that Dean Keates will have more money to spend in January- requires-
1.Keates to be kept on.
2.Keates to be allowed to spend
3.Deal to complete in time to inpact window.
Old 1st January 2021, 15.55:50   #40-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edwards View Post
A bit strange stating the assumption that Dean Keates will have more money to spend in January- requires-
1.Keates to be kept on.
2.Keates to be allowed to spend
3.Deal to complete in time to inpact window.
I imagine there will be funds available separate form the takeover. Not sure how much but the online games plus what must be massive merch sales and the rescue package would provide funds for some transfers.

The fact the deal won't go through till mid Jan gives Keates the time to go for players unless he has specifically been told he cannot buy players (which i don't think he will be). Its what happens after the deal and again i don't think he will be sacked but i also do not believe he will be given a massive amount of additional funds.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.54:30.