Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st January 2021, 18.37:54   #46-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Wrexham Leader confirms fans want Keates out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
I imagine there will be funds available separate form the takeover. Not sure how much but the online games plus what must be massive merch sales and the rescue package would provide funds for some transfers.

The fact the deal won't go through till mid Jan gives Keates the time to go for players unless he has specifically been told he cannot buy players (which i don't think he will be). Its what happens after the deal and again i don't think he will be sacked but i also do not believe he will be given a massive amount of additional funds.
Keates will not be allowed to sign any additional players unless the new owners intend to back him and give specific authority for the expenditure to be incurred prior to the takeover.

I imagine R&R will have a plan and it will be very interesting to s what unfolds.
Old 1st January 2021, 18.58:58   #47-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I disagree. 3 or 4 good signings in midfield and up front would propel us. The defence isn’t that bad. It’s by no means the best we’ve had at this level. Nowhere near but you find the attackers in this league aren’t that good either.

Four players with extensive football league experience and who aren’t on their way down would be ideal. Why would they come here? Why did Adam Rooney go to Salford...
I agree as there is plenty of time left to move up the league - we would need a change of management team of course!
Old 1st January 2021, 19.12:44   #48-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Your reasoning is sound . But we are simply not good enough to do anything in what remains of this season. Even with a change of management and a few new players it is just not going to happen. We will finish somewhere mid table.
Completely disagree, our 2 most recent promotions were seasons when we brought in Mike Lake (1993) & Scott Green (2003) mid way through those seasons.We were doing nothing in mid table both times before those players came in and controlled our midfield.

Lake in particular was an ex Premier League player and it showed. He had the ball like it was on a piece of elastic and everyone around him went up 10% because we controlled possession.Football is a simple game made complicated by idiots like Keates & Darlington

If we bring in 2 or 3 quality players we can still do this via the play offs but we need to bin Keates to do it
Old 1st January 2021, 19.22:39   #49-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Completely disagree, our 2 most recent promotions were seasons when we brought in Mike Lake (1993) & Scott Green (2003) mid way through those seasons.We were doing nothing in mid table both times before those players came in and controlled our midfield.

Lake in particular was an ex Premier League player and it showed. He had the ball like it was on a piece of elastic and everyone around him went up 10% because we controlled possession.Football is a simple game made complicated by idiots like Keates & Darlington

If we bring in 2 or 3 quality players we can still do this via the play offs but we need to bin Keates to do it
You may be underestimating how far we have fallen.
Old 1st January 2021, 19.25:01   #50-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
You may be underestimating how far we have fallen.
2 points off a play off spot with 90 points to play for
Old 1st January 2021, 19.37:09   #51-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

We might have some reasonable defenders but up front there is absolutely nothing which convinces me they can score goals . We are a very average side ,not looking as if it will improve this season. Torquay will win it , Stockport might go up from the play offs and we will finish anything between 12th and 16th.
Old 1st January 2021, 19.56:44   #52-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
We might have some reasonable defenders but up front there is absolutely nothing which convinces me they can score goals . We are a very average side ,not looking as if it will improve this season. Torquay will win it , Stockport might go up from the play offs and we will finish anything between 12th and 16th.
That’s what I’m saying. If Thomas, Ponticelli, Durrell and Harris/Young can be replaced by proven better players, why can’t we compete for the playoffs.
Old 1st January 2021, 20.02:54   #53-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Personally I think it’s too much to expect 5/6 brand new players to come in, bed in, and straight away start us on a journey to playoffs. Big ask and quite frankly, not the kind of thing that happens at Wrexham AFC. Think it’s been mentioned previously but we might as well spend the rest of the seasons ‘doing a Cambridge’. Get prepared for a big push next year with settled players and (new) coaching staff.
Old 1st January 2021, 20.05:10   #54-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Personally I think it’s too much to expect 5/6 brand new players to come in, bed in, and straight away start us on a journey to playoffs. Big ask and quite frankly, not the kind of thing that happens at Wrexham AFC. Think it’s been mentioned previously but we might as well spend the rest of the seasons ‘doing a Cambridge’. Get prepared for a big push next year with settled players and (new) coaching staff.
Spot on.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.35:22.