RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Training facilities (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116822-training-facilities.html)

northwalian dragon 2nd January 2021 16.33:09

Re: Training facilities

I don't want us to return to Colliers as it's not in the town centre...

Answer Release 2nd January 2021 16.33:29

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2423684]Has that actually been said that "they don't want us there". Personally im expecting us to suddenly be welcomed back there. Miraculously
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

A friend of mine works for the FAW and stated that was the case.

They refused Newport so couldn’t be seen to assist us without any valid reason for doing so. It’s also apparently utilised to an extent during the day that would make dual use impossible. My friend said it was a bit of a nuisance for them already with the kids using it.

Jonathan Ford apparently had little time for the WST too which hasn’t helped.

Corner Flag 2nd January 2021 16.36:47

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2423684]Has that actually been said that "they don't want us there". Personally im expecting us to suddenly be welcomed back there. Miraculously

The place appears empty all the while what a bloody waste of such a good resource .Dont believe for one minute that the university is making use of it and as for the Wales team training their ,it was a pipe dream they are too south Wales thinking.

138+NotOut 2nd January 2021 17.38:10

Suppose with Covid it could be a bit of a faff. Who uses it during the day?

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 2nd January 2021 18.01:35

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2423682]If we don’t go back to colliers, then surely we will look at using suitable facilities elsewhere. It’s things like this that are really hampering any progress on the field. Things need to be done properly. Training on a field without basic facilities is ridiculous even without the takeover and should of been sorted out years ago.[/QUOTE]

A professional football club with a fanbase of quite a few thousand,training like nhomads on an abandoned school field..Puts fan ownership in perspective dosen' t it

Those eleven takeover approaches that weren't even worth mentioning must have been absolutely dire.

jonesfach 2nd January 2021 18.08:09

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2423688]A friend of mine works for the FAW and stated that was the case.

They refused Newport so couldn’t be seen to assist us without any valid reason for doing so. It’s also apparently utilised to an extent during the day that would make dual use impossible. My friend said it was a bit of a nuisance for them already with the kids using it.

Jonathan Ford apparently had little time for the WST too which hasn’t helped.[/QUOTE]

I think the FAWs finances have changed drastically in the last 12 months. This may dictate a change of thought? Better to get some cash in the till to at least offset the cost base. The accountants may rule the decision to entertain getting some income from the site. Would make financial sense all round - at least in the short term for both parties. Good PR also

jonesfach 2nd January 2021 18.11:29

The reason behind us not being allowed to use it was politically based as they would be seen to favour one club over another. Hence, any welsh team cannot use FAW facilities. Which is pretty fair reasoning to be honest.

Wrecsam91 2nd January 2021 18.25:23

on new years day my partner and myself went past 9 acre for a walk and we could not believe how crap this facility was for a full time professional football club to use

Redordead 2nd January 2021 18.39:44

Having no training facilities didn’t stop Salford from throwing the money around.

Quick google search shows that Barrow don’t even train in Barrow and just hire facilities in the North West

[url]https://www.knutsfordguardian.co.uk/news/18799796.league-two-football-team-barrow-move-new-training-home-knutsford/[/url]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.06:57.