RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Training facilities (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116822-training-facilities.html)

mold road trendy 3rd January 2021 21.04:39

Re: Training facilities

[QUOTE=WREXHAM TID;2423761]The latest class of 92 documentary shows Salford really struggling for a training ground. Gary Neville stated when you start signing championship quality players they don’t just ask about the money but also the training ground, sports science etc.

Although Colliers is a great facility- I’d prefer a permanent base for us which we aren’t renting. If/ when R+R move on from owning the club we don’t want to be stuck with a £100k rent on a training ground vs owning our own facility.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I think we should rent Colliers, if available, while we build new training complex. Surely money isn't an issue if owners have ambition

Answer Release 3rd January 2021 21.08:19

[QUOTE=mold road trendy;2423909]I think we should rent Colliers, if available, while we build new training complex. Surely money isn't an issue if owners have ambition[/QUOTE]

It's not an option. They really need a two year plan for a new training ground (not the groves) and to temporarily use someone else's facilities. We really don't have to train in Wrexham, although should look to long term.

Perhaps the WST could invest in a freehold somewhere as some form of asset protection for the club moving forward?

Percy Sugden 3rd January 2021 21.17:17

[QUOTE=Answer Release;2423910]It's not an option. They really need a two year plan for a new training ground (not the groves) and to temporarily use someone else's facilities. We really don't have to train in Wrexham, although should look to long term.

Perhaps the WST could invest in a freehold somewhere as some form of asset protection for the club moving forward?[/QUOTE]

The old ‘two year plan’ surfaces again.....

Answer Release 3rd January 2021 21.37:46

[QUOTE=Percy Sugden;2423914]The old ‘two year plan’ surfaces again.....[/QUOTE]

It needs the correct people steering it, not Pete Jones accepting a back garden from Wrexham Council without looking at alternatives or considering the future!

Omni 4th January 2021 12.21:08

We haven't used 9 Acres in weeks. We're currently using the Racecourse pitch and the occasional use of Colliers. As we only train (not including gym work, recovery sessions etc.) for 2 hours, 3 days a week, surely its not out of reach to come to an agreement with the FAW about Colliers.

Whatever happens, next season we definitely won't be training at 9 Acre or The Groves.

eosceiriog 4th January 2021 12.59:24

Provided the takeover happens and R&R are true to their word they will ensure our training facilities are fit for purpose, whether that be Colliers or elsewhere.

People like the FAW and WAG will be far more likely to have respect if R&R approach them.

All rumours on take over seem to be hinting at 14 January (hopefully they mean 2021!!!),

We just need to try to keep together and hang on in there until takeover now.

KM Red 4th January 2021 13.52:39

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2424022][B]Provided the takeover happens and R&R are true to their word[/B] they will ensure our training facilities are fit for purpose, whether that be Colliers or elsewhere.

People like the FAW and WAG will be far more likely to have respect if R&R approach them.

All rumours on take over seem to be hinting at 14 January (hopefully they mean 2021!!!),

We just need to try to keep together and hang on in there until takeover now.[/QUOTE]

Training ground would cost more than 2 million surely ?

I reckon playing behind closed doors will cost the club 500k to 750k unless more comes from the 11 million rescue fund announced in November.

Just how much have Ryan and Rob actually commited to give the club ?

dixienormous 4th January 2021 15.22:41

[QUOTE=KM Red;2424032]Training ground would cost more than 2 million surely ?

I reckon playing behind closed doors will cost the club 500k to 750k unless more comes from the 11 million rescue fund announced in November.

Just how much have Ryan and Rob actually commited to give the club ?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows yet, it was initially 2million, do you know? Would you prefer to get the begging bowls out for another eight years? Watching pub standard displays every week? Training on a park field? Ruining the youth set up due to lack of money etc?

Hammer the new owners before they've even taken over all you like, but when you consider what we had, it's safe to say it cannot get any worse. We're a shell of a club, a football club where the football was forgotten about. It's over pal, let go and set upmyour Darby and Joan club elsewhere.

redtilidie 4th January 2021 15.23:08

[QUOTE=KM Red;2424032][B]Training ground would cost more than 2 million surely ?[/B]

Just how much have Ryan and Rob actually commited to give the club ?[/QUOTE]

...but for your mates we could have had a good one for £250k

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.13:01.