Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th January 2021, 13.47:08   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero
 
moldroadred's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

The National League set up an independent panel headed by David Bernstein to look into the situation but at the moment have not acted upon his recommendations. Bernstein not happy!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55415671
Old 4th January 2021, 14.38:59   #12-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
Yes, it was quite literally funding to replace income lost by having no fans.
Didn't the panel who decided how to allocate the money have representatives of Boreham Wood and, I think, Dover on it? 2 of the clubs that would benefit hugely from an even split.
The National League Board has eight members from member clubs. Aldershot, Barnet, Dagenham & Redbridge, Yeovil, Dover and Solihull Moors from the National League. Blyth Spartans from NLN and Hampton& Richmond from the NLS.

The report from David Bernstein and his subsequent public comments paint a picture of incompentence and corruption. As a club we have been the victim of this unsavoury bunch of club reps and have lost potentially 170k. People should be up in arms but there is a hardly a peep of complaint and Inside Left actually sides with dodgy NL Board !
Old 4th January 2021, 17.37:07   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
People should be up in arms but there is a hardly a peep of complaint and Inside Left actually sides with dodgy NL Board !
There has been loads written about it and open letters sent to the board. There is life outside of Red Passion and just because it hasn't been mentioned on here, doesn't mean people aren't aware of it.

Nice little dig at Inside Left too. Is your sole purpose on this forum just to cause division?
Old 4th January 2021, 19.05:57   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Started in MR then The Boys pen and a graduate of The Kop
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

My reading suggests the cash should have been allocated according to gate size. If thats the case and a committee has decided to change the basis for the allocation, then the committee must be held to account.
Also a mystery why Bernsteins report has been sidelined, particularly as Oliver Downton appears to have a vested interest.
Old 4th January 2021, 19.19:34   #15-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
There has been loads written about it and open letters sent to the board. There is life outside of Red Passion and just because it hasn't been mentioned on here, doesn't mean people aren't aware of it.

Nice little dig at Inside Left too. Is your sole purpose on this forum just to cause division?
I was talking about the lack of reaction on RP which given what has gone on is remarkably low.

If Inside Left talks rubbish about the subject where is the problem ?

I get plenty of stick for my point of view.
Old 4th January 2021, 19.27:29   #16-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM Red View Post
The National League Board has eight members from member clubs. Aldershot, Barnet, Dagenham & Redbridge, Yeovil, Dover and Solihull Moors from the National League. Blyth Spartans from NLN and Hampton& Richmond from the NLS.

The report from David Bernstein and his subsequent public comments paint a picture of incompentence and corruption. As a club we have been the victim of this unsavoury bunch of club reps and have lost potentially 170k. People should be up in arms but there is a hardly a peep of complaint and Inside Left actually sides with dodgy NL Board !
All the clubs on the board have low attendances, so no surprises on how the money was allocated.
Old 4th January 2021, 19.39:28   #17-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
All the clubs on the board have low attendances, so no surprises on how the money was allocated.
With the exception of Yeovil FC it is fairly transparent at to the motivation behind the method for deciding the allocation.

Yeovil did not sign the disgusting attack on the Non League paper by NL Board members so I assume they did not agree with the other 7.
Old 8th January 2021, 15.17:53   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.
Real Name: John
Twitter: @





Default Re: Funding Problems ?

Rather than gate receipts , which nobody knows what they would have been this season , ours could have shown quite a decline.
It would have been fairer to ask clubs for their fixed costs , salaries , rent , rates , travelling costs to away games , other expenses etc. This could have been paid from the lottery grant otherwise smaller clubs like Borehamwood would be getting an undeserved profit.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.21:38.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12