Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th January 2021, 09.05:43   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Yes, so hard to quantify how useful he would be in his current state. Probably better than Thomas but, with a bit of a diet, so could I!
Agree, he would be better in his current state (i.e not playing) than our current strikers
Old 8th January 2021, 09.55:59   #32-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back of the Kop View Post
Not played in 18 months after a serious knee injury.
So:

He's had a serious injury and not played for the best part of two years. However...
He's played here before.
Knows the area.
Knows the club.
Is highly unlikely to be the player he was.

Under the shrewd guidance and full skillset of the WST and club board that just about ticks every box doesn't it? Or have I missed something?

Then, even if he is the same player as before the injury you can guarantee we'll use him in the worst possible way, won't play to his strengths in any way and do everything within the unique powers of Keates and Pep D to completely ruin him. Exciting times.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 8th January 2021, 09.56:53   #33-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
crikey, I wish I knew enough about league 2 bench warmers or national league stars. I know less than normal as I'm not seeing as many games.

A star striker like andy cook or Danny Wright and a star midfielder like Kyle storrer at his peak need to be the priorities.
If anything scouting should have been made really quite easy this season given that the bulk of games can be streamed.
Old 8th January 2021, 10.02:13   #34-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Iesty's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: iestyn
Twitter: @iesty83





Default Re: Realistic signings

this is all going to depend on who is our manager once we get money.

If its Keates, it will be Andy Cook. that will be it.

if its A N other(s) then the non league / league 2 world is our oyster
__________________
There must, for instance, be something very strange in a man who , if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Old 8th January 2021, 10.04:15   #35-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by -luke View Post
If anything scouting should have been made really quite easy this season given that the bulk of games can be streamed.
If this club has a scout his CV must have more lies on it than a WST club statement.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 8th January 2021, 10.10:44   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

I hope that the new CEO will be appointing Scouts etc cos relying on DK selecting has never worked. His specifications are:

Mate
Twilight of career
'chunky'
Can last a good 60 mins occasionally
Or Loaned players that never play
__________________
#LotsOfPenniesNow
Old 8th January 2021, 10.24:01   #37-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: Rob F
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
So:

He's had a serious injury and not played for the best part of two years. However...
He's played here before.
Knows the area.
Knows the club.
Is highly unlikely to be the player he was.

Under the shrewd guidance and full skillset of the WST and club board that just about ticks every box doesn't it? Or have I missed something?

Then, even if he is the same player as before the injury you can guarantee we'll use him in the worst possible way, won't play to his strengths in any way and do everything within the unique powers of Keates and Pep D to completely ruin him. Exciting times.
Yes, I think you have covered most reasons why we shouldn't go near a player. I hope we move on from the 'strategy' of the past few years and rather do what's needed to do better. I don't care if a new signing has even heard of Wrexham or Wales... as long as they can actually perform ffs.
Old 8th January 2021, 14.07:34   #38-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
Iesty's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name: iestyn
Twitter: @iesty83





Default Re: Realistic signings

I am also looking forward to the tie in with Philidelphia Union and the Vancouver Whitecaps
__________________
There must, for instance, be something very strange in a man who , if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on.
Old 9th January 2021, 08.57:01   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
harrypothead's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Real Name: Tom
Twitter: @@tomtitch





Default Re: Realistic signings

I cant believe some of the comments about Loius Moult. The guy will be twice the player he was here. Think about it, he has been in the Scottish premier scoring against Celtic and is now at Preston. The training he has been getting will be 100 times better than what he was getting here. I'd take Moult back if the opportunity was there. I'll never forget him crying in an interview after a game, the lad loves this club and I cant see why he wouldn't want to be part of it following the takeover. He would be the star striker here for sure.
__________________
Mr Panesar said: "Gurman Singh was well-regarded, well-respected. He did know his job, he did know how to apply the laws of refereeing in a wholly impartial and competent fashion."
Old 9th January 2021, 09.01:42   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
Back of the Kop's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Realistic signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypothead View Post
I cant believe some of the comments about Loius Moult. The guy will be twice the player he was here. Think about it, he has been in the Scottish premier scoring against Celtic and is now at Preston. The training he has been getting will be 100 times better than what he was getting here. I'd take Moult back if the opportunity was there. I'll never forget him crying in an interview after a game, the lad loves this club and I cant see why he wouldn't want to be part of it following the takeover. He would be the star striker here for sure.
I'm not sure anyone said they wouldn't have a fully fit Louis Moult back but fact is he may never recover from his knee injury.

If we signed him on a pay as you play until his fitness was proven that would be fine wouldn't it but realistically, if he's fit he's playing in the Championship not the NL
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.53:09.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12