RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Which non-elite football has been suspended? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116837-non-elite-football-has-been-suspended.html)

Ddraigoch 5th January 2021 06.22:38

Which non-elite football has been suspended?

Taken from the BBC

Steps three to six of the National League System (all divisions below the National League North and South)
Tiers three to seven of the Women's Football Pyramid (all divisions below the Women's Championship)
Women's FA Cup (classified as 'non-elite' up to and including the third round)
Regional National League System feeder leagues
Barclays FA WSL Academy League (unless under elite status)
FA Girls' Regional Talent Clubs (unless under elite status)
All indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football, including under-18s (except organised outdoor football for disabled people, which is allowed to continue)

Bryn Tirion 5th January 2021 10.45:02

Re: Which non-elite football has been suspended?

Wrexham should be suspended from playing under the new Covid rules.

There is absolutely no way that the football produced by this team can be described as ‘Elite’.

Wxm boy 5th January 2021 11.14:10

It does undermine the national effort of lockdown when thousands of blokes are travelling the length and breadth of the country to mix with each other in large groups, for 2 hours at a time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 5th January 2021 13.59:07

I thought Elite football had been suspended at Wrexham some time ago.

Ooh aah Paskin 5th January 2021 14.07:01

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2424296]I thought Elite football had been suspended at Wrexham some time ago.[/QUOTE]

Since 2003.....:D

cynprifathro 6th January 2021 13.01:34

Time for all levels of sport to get real about Covid-19! The powers that be now need to have a serious discussion about whether sport should currently take place at all. Stop unnecessary travel, not only in this country but moreover worldwide! Unfortunately, 'the big bucks' remain the prime motivator!

Alan Attack 6th January 2021 13.11:28

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2424522]Time for all levels of sport to get real about Covid-19! The powers that be now need to have a serious discussion about whether sport should currently take place at all. Stop unnecessary travel, not only in this country but moreover worldwide! Unfortunately, 'the big bucks' remain the prime motivator![/QUOTE]

I see no reason why the Premier League needs to stop considering the clubs test their players and staff twice a week. Down the chain, the players are not tested as regularly.

Even in the last round of Premier League testing, there were 28 new positive tests between Monday 28 December and Thursday 31 December from 1,311 players and club staff who were tested.

Maybe the Premier League should fund testing of the football pyramid. Maybe they already do.

I am a little surprised the FA Cup is going ahead this weekend considering those clubs who are not in the Premier League will not have been testing their players as regularly as Premier League clubs.

Wxm boy 6th January 2021 13.48:21

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2424525]I see no reason why the Premier League needs to stop considering the clubs test their players and staff twice a week. Down the chain, the players are not tested as regularly.

Even in the last round of Premier League testing, there were 28 new positive tests between Monday 28 December and Thursday 31 December from 1,311 players and club staff who were tested.

Maybe the Premier League should fund testing of the football pyramid. Maybe they already do.

I am a little surprised the FA Cup is going ahead this weekend considering those clubs who are not in the Premier League will not have been testing their players as regularly as Premier League clubs.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else ignore lockdown if they test themselves regularly??

Football should really be living by the same rules as everyone else. It just adds further to the feeling that it's not really a proper lockdown this time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

BuckleyDerbyRob 6th January 2021 13.54:16

[QUOTE=Wxm boy;2424533]Can anyone else ignore lockdown if they test themselves regularly??

Football should really be living by the same rules as everyone else. It just adds further to the feeling that it's not really a proper lockdown this time.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Seems pretty real here in England - I was stopped and quizzed this morning and that never happened in Lockdowns 1 or 2.
I know it's my fault for living here, but someone has to do missionary work in the East Midlands :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.26:17.