Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th January 2021, 13.48:04   #21-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Hospital visit during the highest level lockdown, with range of services stopped and no public visiting was quiet in the separated non-covid areas?

It is like the video of the Countess being 'quiet' where the bloke wanders past the pharmacy and cafe (!). Amazingly the 180 covid patients and 14 on ventilation not being treated in corridors.
As far as I can tell Corner Flag was just reporting his recent experience and made no claims about anything else whatsoever.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 5th January 2021, 13.52:47   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Hospital visit during the highest level lockdown, with range of services stopped and no public visiting was quiet in the separated non-covid areas?

It is like the video of the Countess being 'quiet' where the bloke wanders past the pharmacy and cafe (!). Amazingly the 180 covid patients and 14 on ventilation not being treated in corridors.
My wife works at The Countess and she says it now has over 200 Covid patients, more patients with the disease in the hospital than without, it's expecting to reach it's peak by January 13th apparentley. The amount of staff going off having to self isolate is a major problem, taking full departments clean out, hopefully now with the Vaccine it should eradicate this problem but it is creaking at the moment.
Old 5th January 2021, 13.59:23   #23-0 (permalink)
APJ
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale centre non-occupying season ticket holder
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
I was visiting Wrexham Maelor last week and hardly anyone there and was seen straight away and in and out in 15mins .
...which is what you would expect since covid patients will be in ICUs or otherwise isolated in wards - while at the same time other hospital activities continue as normal as possible but with reduced visitors etc.
Old 5th January 2021, 14.00:59   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale
Real Name: Wayne Price





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
So you went around all the wards looking what was going on? Like Bonney ward which is the gynaecology ward, but is currently housing covid patients.
Can confirm Bonney ward is now a covid ward for blokes even though it's women's ward. And it's not a case of letting them convalesce once they have gotten over the worst of it, it's here's your taxi, we need your bed. ta-ra.
Old 5th January 2021, 15.07:18   #25-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Haruki's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Doug
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

As part of the stricter lockdown announced this week i was expecting to see sport without the extensive testing regime of the Premiership and Championship to be suspended.
The new variant has changed everything and it is since its introduction that we have seen Premier league games called off as once it gets into a dressing room it takes out multiple players, where as before it was isolated cases. Are we comfortable with it getting into our dressing room, being passed around several players and possibly infecting their children, vulnerable family members etc?
I think sport without mass testing should have been suspended for January at least and then reviewed
Old 5th January 2021, 15.08:32   #26-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Obviously health comes first but not a bad thing from a pure football perspective as gives us more time to bring in better players
Posted via mobile theme
Indeed.

It's going to be a busy time for our new management and coaching team. Aside from new players it's going to take a while to knock 'Keates-ball' out of the current players.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Old 5th January 2021, 15.38:11   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
As part of the stricter lockdown announced this week i was expecting to see sport without the extensive testing regime of the Premiership and Championship to be suspended.
The new variant has changed everything and it is since its introduction that we have seen Premier league games called off as once it gets into a dressing room it takes out multiple players, where as before it was isolated cases. Are we comfortable with it getting into our dressing room, being passed around several players and possibly infecting their children, vulnerable family members etc?
I think sport without mass testing should have been suspended for January at least and then reviewed
Things are looking quite bleak for the next few months, especially if this new South African variant migrates to Europe.

Would not be surprised if a spate of postponements forces the NL authority's hand into suspending all games fairly soon. If so, it's anyone's guess whether it would be restarted.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 5th January 2021, 15.46:41   #28-0 (permalink)
Moderator
 
KingBuxton_Forever red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)
Real Name: Stu
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Stuffed up my Saturday plans. As crap as we are, gave us all something to do.
Old 5th January 2021, 15.52:40   #29-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Corner Flag's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name: Kirk St Morris
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
As far as I can tell Corner Flag was just reporting his recent experience and made no claims about anything else whatsoever.
Correct , but it looks to me that one of the most infected places are the hospitals themselves . I know of three people that were admitted to hospital for other reasons and within days were told they were covid positive .
Old 5th January 2021, 15.58:51   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Ruabon Red's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Excellent Idea
Real Name: Yes of course I've got a real name
Twitter: @





Default Re: Match Off Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
I was visiting Wrexham Maelor last week and hardly anyone there and was seen straight away and in and out in 15mins .
Fantastic news, thanks for exposing the massive Covid con.

Just need to work out now why so many people, including those who frankly should know better - frontline healthcare workers and scientists - are claiming there's a problem
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.42:17.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12