RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116845-spencer-harris-resigns-effective-end-jan.html)

redone 9th January 2021 13.18:21

Re: Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2425237]So who is Director of Football now then?[/QUOTE]

Spencer Harris

TopCornerFergie 9th January 2021 13.30:30

[QUOTE=redone;2425240]Spencer Harris[/QUOTE]

Only until January 31st, prior to the handover to Pele

andy buckley 9th January 2021 13.34:47

[QUOTE=TopCornerFergie;2425242]Only until January 31st, prior to the handover to Pele[/QUOTE]

I thought it was Victoria Beckham?

Alan Attack 9th January 2021 13.38:39

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2425232]They've ruined the club, let's be honest, from top to bottom.

The only positive was that they left us debt free but at what cost?

It's like a household refusing to go into the red when the roofs leaking, the front door's hanging off and have no food in the fridge. At that point you need to see what you can do to improve your situation, the Wst didn't.[/QUOTE]

I’d contest that the previous incumbents ruined the club and left the supporters to pick up the pieces.

LlayDragon 9th January 2021 13.53:33

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2425245]I’d contest that the previous incumbents ruined the club and left the supporters to pick up the pieces.[/QUOTE]

It'd say the previous owners tried to kill the club for their benefit. The fans paid the bond and WST took the club after that.

Over more than a decade, through bad decisions, small short-term thinking, lack of medium or long-term planning and arrogance the WST have kept the club on life-support as it slowly slipped away. Oh yes, the biggest player fee the club has ever gained also came to absolutely nothing during this time.

pricey 9th January 2021 14.05:31

We go again

Alan Attack 9th January 2021 14.08:32

Back in those days, there wasn’t really a difference between the fans and the WST. It’s only in the last couple of years since things have gone tits up have fans started distancing themselves from the Trust which is fair enough because some decisions have been pretty poor and there’s been a perceived lack of accountability.

I think the Trust's ownership had run its course when too many supporters were distancing themselves from it. That’s not why it was started and it had lost its way.

Like many Trust members, I’ve not attended any meetings. I’ve only voted on two matters! Whilst there were no realistic suitors for the club, I fully supported the Trust.

It’s going to take a few years for the fan base to unite, if it ever will. People, like me, who’ve supported the Trust will be accused of lacking ambition and things like that. Again, it’s unfair.

Finally, however, it is the Trust members who voted for this. If I hated the WST, like so many do, I’d give them £1 a month for the right to vote them out, if the chance ever arose.

benwilliams 9th January 2021 14.29:23

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2425251]Back in those days, there wasn’t really a difference between the fans and the WST. It’s only in the last couple of years since things have gone tits up have fans started distancing themselves from the Trust which is fair enough because some decisions have been pretty poor and there’s been a perceived lack of accountability.

I think the Trust's ownership had run its course when too many supporters were distancing themselves from it. That’s not why it was started and it had lost its way.

Like many Trust members, I’ve not attended any meetings. I’ve only voted on two matters! Whilst there were no realistic suitors for the club, I fully supported the Trust.

It’s going to take a few years for the fan base to unite, if it ever will. People, like me, who’ve supported the Trust will be accused of lacking ambition and things like that. Again, it’s unfair.

Finally, however, it is the Trust members who voted for this. If I hated the WST, like so many do, I’d give them £1 a month for the right to vote them out, if the chance ever arose.[/QUOTE]

Spot on, for a fans rub club, where those in charge become 'them' rather than 'us' we have a big problem.

Would it always have happened with a prolonged spell of balancing the books and little success or is it mostly to do with the attitude and personality and demeanour of those in charge? Maybe a bit of both but the latter has sped up the demise

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 9th January 2021 14.38:36

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2425229]11 other “deals”?

In my opinion there was no meaningful interest. Certainly sufficient interest to pay to consult with supporters so I’d rather you took the “11 other deals” off the table when you’re booting the Trust.

Frankly, the Trust haven’t covered themselves with glory regarding football decisions but they’ve preserved a club worthy to pass on. I wish they’d done more but they haven’t. The Trust had a huge opportunity with the Ward money but didn’t spend wisely.

The remit of the Trust was never to whore the club out and thankfully they didn’t.[/QUOTE]

You've been lied to, we don't know the why's or when's and others went public long ago to say they felt the WST were hostile to any takeover. When these 11 approaches happened we've not a clue, wasn't long back during the Q&A it was stated 2 or 3 which we knew about.

I'd like to know why the other deals didn't progress and as I've suspected for a while. It's a case of who R&R are particular for Spencer Harris & Gavin Jones, anybody else and they'd still be clinging on.

Spencer Harris hasn't been described as a 'snake' for no good reason.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.57:24.