Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th January 2021, 18.40:41   #118-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan

Looking at our current league position of 16th: let's hope this current season soon fades away along with Keats & co. We go again with the new owners, their own choice of CEO, then a brand new management team! A new broom post WST ownership sweeps clean......

Last edited by cynprifathro; 9th January 2021 at 18.42:22..
Old 9th January 2021, 18.42:11   #119-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Looking at our current league position of 16th: let's hope this current season soon fades away along with Keats & co. We go again with the new owners, their choice of CEO, then a brand new management team! A new broom post WST ownership sweeps clean......
Hopefully.
Old 9th January 2021, 18.43:01   #120-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Spencer has resigned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 138+NotOut View Post
Can be on the board and not CEO
Aye, the sop board.
Old 9th January 2021, 22.20:23   #121-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
Until R&R takeover and we see how they start gong about things it is difficult to form a real view on many issues posters are getting would up about.

I have been a severe and consistent critic of SH and his mates but I agree 100% vile abuse is not required. It poisons the atmosphere and actually tends to achieve very little change as we have seen over the years of WST ownership.

That said, SH (and his mates) does have a history of misleading fans so some people will be suspicious that this is a smoke screen.

I agree with you on his effort and commitment but he was a major part of a failing organisation so like the curates egg he was good in parts.

If the R&R takeover proves successful he deserves full credit and kudos.

If R&R want him then that is down to them but if they struggle to deliver it will be a harder slog to keep fans onside if Spencer is heavily involved. If SH is on board and R&R deliver no one will care I suspect.

It would be better for him to retire with full honours because for me his abilities have been vastly over-rated, especially by himself, so on balance I would prefer not to see him involved as he is divisive figure which is the last thing we want to start the new reign. However, that is not down to me or RP posters so is irrelevant.

Your comments on wising up are arrogant but frankly irrelevant. It is the future that matters and failure to understand that, leading to lack of vision, was a large part in poor performance under the WST.

Let's put the past behind and move forward.
My comments were not born out of arrogance but from careful observation. Reading some of the comments that I have read over a while now, it seems to me that a lot of contributors have lost site of the historical facts. We all have our opinions and I am only too glad to put the past behind me. But what I deduce from what I read is not irrelevant. But yes it is the future that counts.
Old 10th January 2021, 02.16:37   #122-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy sugden View Post
why do people just look at the ‘football’ side of things? We’ve gone from training at the old colliers park to a school field. The club may have a small amount of cash in the bank, but we’re being run as a semi-professional outfit in all but name.

Chucking money away on tunnel ‘go faster’ strips and questionable coaching staff. Jonesy’s bar? Another disaster that sums up our trust years. The actual departure of joey himself.... There’s a long list of failures off the field. It’s not all spencer’s doing, but he’s been the biggest influence behind the scenes without doubt.

He should have nothing to do with any future decisions made on behalf of our new owners in my opinion. It will however be solely down to r and r to make that call.
this
Old 10th January 2021, 11.47:56   #123-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugolini View Post
My comments were not born out of arrogance but from careful observation. Reading some of the comments that I have read over a while now, it seems to me that a lot of contributors have lost site of the historical facts. We all have our opinions and I am only too glad to put the past behind me. But what I deduce from what I read is not irrelevant. But yes it is the future that counts.
We did indeed lose the site but thankfully we are still playing at the Racecourse !!

Historians always disagree about the facts but is good we agree regarding the future. Raking up the past on both sides of the fence and rattling on about which version of events is correct or incorrect is fine for historians but is sustaining those old divisions amongst the fan base.

Nothing can be done about the past but we can all unite in the hope the future will be better, if we put our minds to it. We all need to wise up not just one side.

I no longer care who did or did not do what or what was right and what was wrong provided the WST negotiations with R&R have been conducted at arms length, solely in the best interests of the football club and without any vested interests at play.

I have absolutely no reason to believe that is not the case and as such I can write off the past grievances and move on and just concentrate on the football.

It is not for me to tell others what to do but I can commend this mindset to others fed up with several years of football misery irrespective of who or what caused it.

I am really hopeful of having a feast of excitement and and an end to the famine before long.

BTW, Ugolini, a sound user name. Rolando was a truly a great Wrexham goalie. I have seen many great saves at Wrexham but I'll never forget a particular one he made when he initially dived wrongly to the left and then somehow swung around in mid air to dive to his right to save a goal. Unforgettable, Banks class!!!
Old 10th January 2021, 12.16:18   #124-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

His redeeming legacy will be the takeove by R&R.
This is our foundation going forward for which we should all be grateful.
In spite of all his mistakes he leaves the club, with more than a bit of good fortune, in a much better place then when he aspired to the role.
Time to build on the positives and confine the mistakes to history. That starts with making Keates and his sidekicks part of that era in our history and not, under no circumstances, our exciting new beginning.
Old 10th January 2021, 12.57:42   #125-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Let's make no bones about it our club is miles away from where it should be.

Torquay are looking very good for promotion they have been up down, back up and down and down even more to national league South, they have come back up and overtook us again.. The Wst have basically held this club back with SH and the rest on ego trips, time to move forward with a total clear out.

Fans will have to be very patient when the new owners take over, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Their is a massive amount of work needed to rebuild this club back up from the pit it resides in.

Wst have taken this club backwards in so many ways it could take up to 5 yrs or more to regain our league status. Unless they throw millions at it which I cannot see happening.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 10th January 2021, 14.20:56   #126-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
We did indeed lose the site but thankfully we are still playing at the Racecourse !!

Historians always disagree about the facts but is good we agree regarding the future. Raking up the past on both sides of the fence and rattling on about which version of events is correct or incorrect is fine for historians but is sustaining those old divisions amongst the fan base.

Nothing can be done about the past but we can all unite in the hope the future will be better, if we put our minds to it. We all need to wise up not just one side.

I no longer care who did or did not do what or what was right and what was wrong provided the WST negotiations with R&R have been conducted at arms length, solely in the best interests of the football club and without any vested interests at play.

I have absolutely no reason to believe that is not the case and as such I can write off the past grievances and move on and just concentrate on the football.

It is not for me to tell others what to do but I can commend this mindset to others fed up with several years of football misery irrespective of who or what caused it.

I am really hopeful of having a feast of excitement and and an end to the famine before long.

BTW, Ugolini, a sound user name. Rolando was a truly a great Wrexham goalie. I have seen many great saves at Wrexham but I'll never forget a particular one he made when he initially dived wrongly to the left and then somehow swung around in mid air to dive to his right to save a goal. Unforgettable, Banks class!!!

I have a memory of ugolini jumping up and swinging on the cross bar to drag the middle down to make sure that a shot went over it.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.54:41.