RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/116845-spencer-harris-resigns-effective-end-jan.html)

KingBuxton_Forever red 12th January 2021 10.21:08

Re: Spencer Harris resigns - effective end of Jan

Coming in late here, but was there any truth at all to "ping-pong gate"?

Phils-an-alki 12th January 2021 10.48:00

We're waiting to hear the other side of the story.

-luke 12th January 2021 10.58:06

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2425868]Coming in late here, but was there any truth at all to "ping-pong gate"?[/QUOTE]

People say yes, others say no... But think about it for a second. The indication seems to be that he didn't resign, the suggestion that the resignation was with immediate effect but completes on 31st Jan suggests that it was a gardening leave situation and therefore not a planned exit. They probably need him around as an authorised person to deal with some type of admin through a transition.

If the above does point to enforced resignation (and it does) then Spencer has weathered tougher times than the present. The vitriol, by comparison today is at a low to last season and the seasons since the appointment of Andy Davies (definitely since barrow) and he has never resigned or appeared close to quitting... That to me points to internal pressure from fellow board members.

If, and its a big one, there was truth in the rumour about ping pong Gate, it seems comparatively minor. Clutching at straws as a way of getting him to resign so just what has happened behind the scenes is the real question. When you've got loan gate, platformgate, concealed contracts etc, a game of ping pong seems way too minor.

Ooh aah Paskin 12th January 2021 10.58:47

To be honest, i really don't care about whether he did or didn't right now. I just want the deal signed and completed and we can move on from having to discuss all this stuff.

Royal welsh red 12th January 2021 11.03:57

Probably just to add some drama to the documentary

Colonel D 12th January 2021 11.15:21

[QUOTE=-luke;2425872]People say yes, others say no... But think about it for a second. The indication seems to be that he didn't resign, the suggestion that the resignation was with immediate effect but completes on 31st Jan suggests that it was a gardening leave situation and therefore not a planned exit. They probably need him around as an authorised person to deal with some type of admin through a transition.

If the above does point to enforced resignation (and it does) then Spencer has weathered tougher times than the present. The vitriol, by comparison today is at a low to last season and the seasons since the appointment of Andy Davies (definitely since barrow) and he has never resigned or appeared close to quitting... That to me points to internal pressure from fellow board members.

If, and its a big one, there was truth in the rumour about ping pong Gate, it seems comparatively minor. Clutching at straws as a way of getting him to resign so just what has happened behind the scenes is the real question. When you've got loan gate, platformgate, concealed contracts etc, a game of ping pong seems way too minor.[/QUOTE]

Has he served for the last time ?

Huffy 12th January 2021 11.28:07

[QUOTE=Colonel D;2425876]Has he served for the last time ?[/QUOTE]

Had he got a lob on?

redinsaudi 12th January 2021 11.28:24

I hope he tables the deal before he goes....

redinsaudi 12th January 2021 11.29:01

I wonder what Spencers Net worth is now?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.36:42.