Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th January 2021, 21.57:11   #21-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Covid and the National league

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Based on Keatesball?

Better to wait for season/series 2.
No the streaming service paying the new owners the cash they will invest in the club.
Old 10th January 2021, 22.00:02   #22-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
I can’t see how Dover will fit in their remaining 34 games unless the league is extended. It’s 20 weeks until the end of May. That’s 1.7 games a week provided there’s no more postponements.
When you put it like that, I just can't see how they are going to do it. I can only see more postponements in the coming 3/4 weeks.
Old 10th January 2021, 22.13:39   #23-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Completely cynical view but I wonder if clubs will force postponements. At least last season we were over 3/4 of the way through. Dover are just over 1/5 through their season. It’s quite conceivable that they won’t finish half their fixtures by the end of March.
Old 10th January 2021, 22.19:43   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Agree.

I’d like to see the National League postponed until cases drop. I can’t see how anyone justifies sport being played at the moment
Agree. I think the stay at home message is paramount to reducing cases and I feel postponing football for a month is the best way to drum that message home. I
Old 10th January 2021, 22.28:46   #25-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: yale paddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealWelshWayne View Post
Agree. I think the stay at home message is paramount to reducing cases and I feel postponing football for a month is the best way to drum that message home. I
Fair play to Steve Bruce for saying the premiership should take a break due to covid, others trot out rubbish that football is good for the nations mental health. Strange how we should stay all be staying at home but bbc have 5 or 6 commentators/analysists per live game plus film crew etc
Old 10th January 2021, 23.16:18   #26-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
No the streaming service paying the new owners the cash they will invest in the club.
Perhaps they can do a few episodes about the lunatic fringe of the WST, and how they’re crying their eyes out over Spencer’s supposed ping-pong game.

Hey, maybe they could ask the board to answer NWD’s 80+ questions? From past experience, we’d get 12 months plus just from footage of them desperately trying to avoid accountability! Not saying it’ll be must-watch TV, but surely more entertaining than Keatesball?
Old 11th January 2021, 13.13:32   #27-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Leagues below the Championship in Scotland have been suspended.
Old 11th January 2021, 14.39:35   #28-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

As the Winter weather really sets in, more postponements are inevitable. Currently, 4 or 5 games are being postponed from each full schedule due to Covid-19, I expect this to continue for several more weeks.

The full season has 506 games; only 167 have been played, an average of 14.5 per team, when at this stage all teams should have played 19 games for a total of 218 games. So 51 games are currently to be rescheduled.

There are full fixture lists scheduled on 6 Tuesdays, 2 Mondays and 1 Friday during the remaining 20 weeks. This leaves 8 or 9 'slots' available for a mid-week game. Geraint and his opposite numbers have an insurmountable task.

“ Hello, we need to reschedule our game.”
“Yes, how about this date.”
“Sorry, we already rescheduled another game into that slot how about this one.”
“Ah, I just filled that one an hour ago, I’ve got this one.”
“No, can’t do that, there’s space on ….”
Old 11th January 2021, 14.42:10   #29-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: In view of the pitch

i sort of remember a lower league team playing 3 games a week (tues, thurs, sat) towards the end of the season, so they could play all the games before the season ended.
Old 11th January 2021, 14.52:24   #30-0 (permalink)
Administrator

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Highly unlikely, but if Dover were to win their games in hand they'd be, what, second?

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.28:46.