Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th January 2021, 11.12:02   #61-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Seeing 1200 people dying in a single day of Covid should be enough to train the brain.
I think 1 person you know dying is likely to have far more effect than 1200 people you don't.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 13th January 2021, 12.02:14   #62-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section

Default Re: Covid and the National league

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
I think 1 person you know dying is likely to have far more effect than 1200 people you don't.
Posted via mobile theme
A wise observation. I am intrigued how we authorize competitive group sports eg football, and expect them to play with a mask, keep 2m from anyone else, and wash their hands for 20 secs on a regular basis.

“Hoy, Muggins, get your arms down. Just because you’ve scored a hat trick for Oswestry 2nd XI to knock Man Utd out of the FA Cup at Old Trafford doesn’t give you the right to celebrate when hundred of thousands are being killed on the Western Front.”

“Sorry Gaffa, what was I thinking about?”

“I supposed we could ban everything until we are all totally safe!”

“Gaffa, you’re deluded. That would require highly paid execs to make a rational decision”.

“All right. But no kissing!”
Old 13th January 2021, 16.10:57   #63-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wxm boy View Post
Posted via mobile theme

You have pointed out something that is very true. Human nature sadly has always been it'll never happen to me. There have been 630 deaths in the Besti area that has a population of around 694k.

Statistically, everyone should know someone who has lost somebody in the Betsi health area.

Everyone should now know someone who has been hospitalised by it.

It's likely at least 3 fans have succumbed who went to the first home game of the season in the 2019/20 season.

Absolutely tragic.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 13th January 2021 at 16.16:32..
Old 14th January 2021, 10.22:53   #64-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
The elite football teams have now become an embarrassment. When the 2019/20 season was finishing in the summer they were visibly socially distancing before and after the match. And this, at a time when the infection rates were at their lowest. In the last month or so they have reverted to type and seem to think that because so many tests are carried out on them they are immune from it and the usual celebrations with no social distancing are OK. The inevitable has happened , players test positive, lots of others have to isolate and more and more matches are postponed . Plus of course a few get togethers over the Festive period has not helped.
They have become a poor example to those who look up to them to show that they follow the special rules which have been given to them in elite sport which all others are unable to take advantage of.
I've also noticed that managers and coaches have started shaking hands both before the match and at full time.
Old 14th January 2021, 12.42:13   #65-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Whats the difference between 20 odd players being in the penalty area for a corner or a free kick etc, all in close contact many wrestling with each other etc and celebrating a goal?
Old 14th January 2021, 12.45:51   #66-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Whats the difference between 20 odd players being in the penalty area for a corner or a free kick etc, all in close contact many wrestling with each other etc and celebrating a goal?
Probably not a lot, lots of heavy breathing too, but to recognise that means stopping the game.

Big £ so it rolls on.
Old 14th January 2021, 12.51:03   #67-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
The elite football teams have now become an embarrassment. When the 2019/20 season was finishing in the summer they were visibly socially distancing before and after the match. And this, at a time when the infection rates were at their lowest. In the last month or so they have reverted to type and seem to think that because so many tests are carried out on them they are immune from it and the usual celebrations with no social distancing are OK. The inevitable has happened , players test positive, lots of others have to isolate and more and more matches are postponed . Plus of course a few get togethers over the Festive period has not helped.
They have become a poor example to those who look up to them to show that they follow the special rules which have been given to them in elite sport which all others are unable to take advantage of.
If you think players celebrating a goal has lead to more cases then I'm not sure if you've ever watched a game of football.

Do they socially distance in the game? For corners and freekicks? Nope.Either football stops all together which it won't or they get on with it. Celebrations aren't the issue and I'm stunned its been used as an example.
Old 14th January 2021, 12.52:06   #68-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Probably not a lot, lots of heavy breathing too, but to recognise that means stopping the game.

Big £ so it rolls on.
The answer is no difference whatsoever. So if players being in close contact is an issue then football should stop.
Old 14th January 2021, 23.13:02   #69-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
The answer is no difference whatsoever. So if players being in close contact is an issue then football should stop.
These are guys with young families. They have kids who were at the centre of the outbreaks in November & December.

They travelled to and fro from their respective homes, some living over sixty miles away in areas with then higher infections rates than Wrexham.

They trained with each other, ate together and travelled together to other parts of the country, some areas that had the new more transmissible variant.

They spent 90 minutes in the faces of people where the new variant was rife before travelling back together.

They then travelled back on a bus together, before again traveling back and from from their respective areas where their kids went to school.

Celebrating is not the issue here. Stupidity is.

Last edited by TheRealWelshWayne; 14th January 2021 at 23.14:44..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.09:38.